there's a gigantic scam going on behind your back, unreported

scruffy

Diamond Member
Mar 9, 2022
I don't have any links for this. Yet. But plenty of people in the biz, have been very surprised this week, and a lot of them are tearing their hair out.

This has to do with the way major email providers (Google, Apple, Microsoft) are "securing your privacy".

Except they're NOT "securing your privacy". Exactly the opposite is going on.

Those of you who are internet savvy may know how the mass mailing services like MailChimp and HubSpot work. They put little magic pixels in the promotional emails, that basically "phone home" with marketing info.

Well, as of this week, Microsoft (Outlook, Hotmail, etc) is now converting all embedded HTML to attachments. But wait... check the URL, because it's not "your" attachment - it's theirs! They selectively strip certain things out of the attachment, before they give it to you.

I'll bet ten thousand million samolians, that this is being driven by Uncle Sam - cause guess what - ALL the major providers made similar changes this same week. I caught Outlook and Gmail in action, right in the middle of their changes, because I happened to be working on a press release at the time. One minute my HTML is all neat and inlined, next minute it doesn't show up at all, and finally it turns into an attachment. And during that time I get emails in inverse order and stuff like that.

This is data collection, this ain't no privacy. This is how they're going to censor us when we start talking about the evil vaxxes and stuff like that.

Think about it. How else are they going to do it? How are they going to stop you from mailing a picture of Fauci in drag, if they can't check every attachment?

Haven't they already been monitoring our e-mails for years for govt surveillance & marketing?
I know some of the social media apps (not the same but still) started blocking anything that didn't match approved govt propaganda without informing anyone.

What exactly are they doing now they weren't doing before?

The NSA has a copy of your hard drive in case you need a backup ... every e-mail and every post on every board is cataloged and indexed for future criminal prosecution ...

This is a War on Terrorism ... your privacy comes second ... read the Constitution if you don't believe me ...

Big corporations are just like our government. Big on making promises and short on delivering on those promises. I don't think they really try to fulfill their promises (except Trump). They do whatever they want and then just hope the people aren't paying attention.

I don't have any links for this. Yet. But plenty of people in the biz, have been very surprised this week, and a lot of them are tearing their hair out.

This has to do with the way major email providers (Google, Apple, Microsoft) are "securing your privacy".

Except they're NOT "securing your privacy". Exactly the opposite is going on.

Those of you who are internet savvy may know how the mass mailing services like MailChimp and HubSpot work. They put little magic pixels in the promotional emails, that basically "phone home" with marketing info.

Well, as of this week, Microsoft (Outlook, Hotmail, etc) is now converting all embedded HTML to attachments. But wait... check the URL, because it's not "your" attachment - it's theirs! They selectively strip certain things out of the attachment, before they give it to you.

I'll bet ten thousand million samolians, that this is being driven by Uncle Sam - cause guess what - ALL the major providers made similar changes this same week. I caught Outlook and Gmail in action, right in the middle of their changes, because I happened to be working on a press release at the time. One minute my HTML is all neat and inlined, next minute it doesn't show up at all, and finally it turns into an attachment. And during that time I get emails in inverse order and stuff like that.

This is data collection, this ain't no privacy. This is how they're going to censor us when we start talking about the evil vaxxes and stuff like that.

Think about it. How else are they going to do it? How are they going to stop you from mailing a picture of Fauci in drag, if they can't check every attachment?
This is widely known.
It is listed in the 5000 word agreement you click on.
And it most certainly isn't just your email.
If you use a Microsoft Windows computer - every single thing you do on it is sent to Microsoft and they share it with advertisers.

Copy link....Open private/VPN window...Paste & go.
Unfortunately that won't stop either case.
Microsoft has a keystroke program built in, you can put in a VPN and all that will do is hide who you are to the outside world. Microsoft collects data straight from your computers hard drive.

Haven't they already been monitoring our e-mails for years for govt surveillance & marketing?
I know some of the social media apps (not the same but still) started blocking anything that didn't match approved govt propaganda without informing anyone.

What exactly are they doing now they weren't doing before?
Here's an example.

Before, in microsoft mail, if you got an email with foreign links, it would make you click a security link before showing you the pics. But once you said ok, it would show you everything "in" the email program, I think they call it the preview pane.

Now what happens is, the HTML is stripped from the email and it shows up as an attachment, and when you click on it, it takes you to the browser (Edge). It's not a normal attachment either, it's a wierd looking blue thing that shows up below any other attachments, even if it preceded pics in multipart mime.

It's a big change, ripples across server side and client side.

How does your e-mail get past RAM onto the drive if you don't save anything?
I was just talking about Microsoft.
As for modern email, your email data is not on your computer. It is stored on your providers computer (servers). They control it, and of course have complete access to it. You signed an agreement with them that allows them to.
Email systems of the past, the data was stored on the persons computer. It was not kept on servers.

And nothing against VPNs... they have their purpose. For me, I use them to fake my location to watch sporting events and foreign shows.

How are they going to stop you from mailing a picture of Fauci in drag, if they can't check every attachment?
I can assure you that nobody is stopping you from emailing pictures of your bizarre fantasies to your fellow Trumpsters.

Big corporations are just like our government. Big on making promises and short on delivering on those promises. I don't think they really try to fulfill their promises (except Trump). They do whatever they want and then just hope the people aren't paying attention.
Big corporations ARE our government. This is American Fascism, and corporations do the government's dirty work for them, and vice versa.

Forum List

Back