There was No Red, but the Dems Seeing this as a Win and Biden not Changing Anything is Foolhearted

GHook20

Platinum Member
Aug 3, 2020
Las Vegas and Chicago
House:
They lost the House. Yes the party in power usually loses ground, but that is usually because they are failing!

If a ruling class is doing well then they should pick up seats. Losing is the midterm is not a foregone conclusion. The GOP will have at least 10 seat buffer in the House. This means all of Biden’s insane agenda items go to an immediate hold and things like packing the SCOTUS goes out the window.

Senate:
At best the senate goes 50-50. At worst it goes 52-48 (although Dems are not likely to lose the AZ)… then you have the fight for GA and all resources will be poured into it and no Losertarian candidate will steal 2% of the vote. I like GOP chances to win the seat.

DeSantis:
He won by 20 pts and FL is solid red now. He also knocked Trump out of the top as favorite to win GOP primary.

Texas:
Beto is a popular Dem candidate and he raised a ridiculous amount of money, party support and media coverage. Yet he lost 11 points! Texas is still a red state.

Ohio and NC:
OH is a solid red state. NC keeps getting more red.

Hispanics:
The GOP made significant gains with Hispanics, especially in TX and FL. As long as we sunset Trump. It should increase across the country.

Asians:
There was also a nice increase in Asian support.

Trump Lost:
His attacks on DeSantis backfired. Moderates despise him and people are finally seeing him as the self-serving narcissist he is. My guess is he runs a similar childish primary campaign, but he will be running 3rd.

Swing States:
Important swings states like WI, AZ, GA, NH, NV and PA are still in play.

Was it a knock out win for GOP! No, it was a bad night also! We know abortion killed us and the GOP should take a more moderate stance. For god sakes go back to at least exceptions for rape, incest, mother’s life is in danger or birth defects are detected.

It should be troubling how bad they did when the economy is in shambles, inflation is killing us and the Dem policies only made it worst, the Dems war on fossil fuels shot up gas and energy costs, the chaotic Afganistán pull out, heading to a rescission, runaway crime etc, we should have been a big win, but it wasn’t that. In fact a walking vegetable beat a clean cut celebrity doctor!

House:
They lost the House. Yes the party in power usually loses ground, but that is usually because they are failing!

If a ruling class is doing well then they should pick up seats. Losing is the midterm is not a foregone conclusion. The GOP will have at least 10 seat buffer in the House. This means all of Biden’s insane agenda items go to an immediate hold and things like packing the SCOTUS goes out the window.

Senate:
At best the senate goes 50-50. At worst it goes 52-48 (although Dems are not likely to lose the AZ)… then you have the fight for GA and all resources will be poured into it and no Losertarian candidate will steal 2% of the vote. I like GOP chances to win the seat.

DeSantis:
He won by 20 pts and FL is solid red now. He also knocked Trump out of the top as favorite to win GOP primary.

Texas:
Beto is a popular Dem candidate and he raised a ridiculous amount of money, party support and media coverage. Yet he lost 11 points! Texas is still a red state.

Ohio and NC:
OH is a solid red state. NC keeps getting more red.

Hispanics:
The GOP made significant gains with Hispanics, especially in TX and FL. As long as we sunset Trump. It should increase across the country.

Asians:
There was also a nice increase in Asian support.

Trump Lost:
His attacks on DeSantis backfired. Moderates despise him and people are finally seeing him as the self-serving narcissist he is. My guess is he runs a similar childish primary campaign, but he will be running 3rd.

Swing States:
Important swings states like WI, AZ, GA, NH, NV and PA are still in play.

Was it a knock out win for GOP! No, it was a bad night also! We know abortion killed us and the GOP should take a more moderate stance. For god sakes go back to at least exceptions for rape, incest, mother’s life is in danger or birth defects are detected.

It should be troubling how bad they did when the economy is in shambles, inflation is killing us and the Dem policies only made it worst, the Dems war on fossil fuels shot up gas and energy costs, the chaotic Afganistán pull out, heading to a rescission, runaway crime etc, we should have been a big win, but it wasn’t that. In fact a walking vegetable beat a clean cut celebrity doctor!
Good post.

What you may be missing though is that statewide....

PA, MI, and WI governors chairs in those swing states all were won pretty easily by the Democrats.

A message of hope for folks who are independent like me is that the election this passed week underscored once again that candidates matter in many places. The voters are willing to listen to both sides. If you're in a state where candidates don't matter, the fortunes of your state are not looking that great long term.

Republicans wasted a plum opportunity last night. But Democrats may have squandered voter backlash to GOP extremism by lacking an economic message.

PA, MI, and WI governors chairs in those swing states all were won pretty easily by the Democrats.
A message of hope for folks who are independent like me is that the election this passed week underscored once again that candidates matter in many places. The voters are willing to listen to both sides. If you're in a state where candidates don't matter, the fortunes of your state are not looking that great long term.
I can't speak to MI & WI, but here in PA the dems gave Mastriano gobs of money to win the primary, just so they could beat him in the general as a MAGA extremist. Dirty pool, but politics is "just win baby".

I can't speak to MI & WI, but here in PA the dems gave Mastriano gobs of money to win the primary, just so they could beat him in the general as a MAGA extremist. Dirty pool, but politics is "just win baby".
So you're blaming an outside entity for influencing an election? I didn't think you guys believed that could happen.

In a GOP primary...since forever.
I call bullshit. Democrat oligarchs put their thumb on the scale all the time. Just look how Zuckerbucks bought WI.

I call bullshit. Democrat oligarchs put their thumb on the scale all the time. Just look how Zuckerbucks bought WI.

And look how the Russians interfered in 2016. Right?

Oh wait...you're going to now swear that everything you posted on this thread was somehow different.

Should be fun. Hop to it.

Yep… he was the dream opponent. Much in the same way Bailey was the dream opponent in IL

And look how the Russians interfered in 2016. Right?
Oh wait...you're going to now swear that everything you posted on this thread was somehow different.
Should be fun. Hop to it.
The Russians did interfere in 2016, by making the bogus Steele Dossier for the DNC and Hillary, which the FBI used to get illegal FISA warrants to spy on Trump. Please get your facts straight.

Good post.

When they tax you more. Slow down at work. Become a stereotype. Stop being good for others if you earn the same. Be a bum.

Forum List

Back