"There’s a Black Man in the White House"

A key element in partisan politics is identifying a weakness and exploiting it. They have what they believe is a weakness and they're going after it. If Bush's family origins were in question, the Democrats would have been all over it.

Is there a racial component? Sure, there's a racial component assisting both guys. I think we all know that many people voted FOR Obama because of the color of his skin. But I think at its heart, this is nothing more than partisan politics.

Find a weakness, or perceived weakness, and hit it, hard.

Yeah, but you see, the problem is, the GOP is really kind of hurting itself by doing this.

Blacks will see "Birtherism" as just another in a long line of insults from the Southern Strategy to Reagan's Welfare Queen, to Willie Horton. In the long run, the GOP has to get right with minorities.

I do think there are some good things in the GOP Message about smaller, more efficient government and self-reliance. Or at least there were before the religious loons and plutocrats hijacked the party.

But Obama is going to get 95% of the black vote and 75% of the Hispanic vote not because HE played the race card, but because for the last 30 years, Republicans have been playing it.

And here's where I'll say something nice about Bush-43. He saw this as a problem and made good faith efforts to repair the damage. Unfortunately, Romney seems to be intent on ripping off the bandaid.

oh my gawd...

Yes, your ability to come up with a cogent response is duly noted.

IF the right wingers or this baord are any indication of the average GOPer?

Then yes indeed the grand old party is rife with overt racists, crypto NAZIs and pandering tools to fascists.

Again, that's only true if the right wingers and cons on this board are representative of the GOP generally.

And FWIW, I do not think this boards RWers are typical of the GOPers generally.

This place is really trolling NAZI central.

wonderful, now what are your thoughts of the LEFT wingers on this board?

We still see the hate you on the left spew for Bush, so you have NO RIGHT to whine about how Obama is hated..

Hell someone was thrilled Hugo Chavez came on American soil and called Bush a dog

No quit yer pathetic whining:eusa_boohoo:

I voted for Bush twice, and thought he was unfairly maligned often.

That said, I've never seen the kind of hate towards Bush that is directed at Obama.

Also, Bush was responsible for 2 wars that hundreds of thousands died in, and his negligence caused the deaths of hundreds in NOLA. These are kind of valid complaints.

You constantly out yourself as a liberal.

Take a look at what you just typed. "Bush was responsible for 2 wars. " Any sane individual would realize that the Afghanistan mission was endorsed by the UN and has been under the command of NATO and was a direct result of lunatics flying planes into the towers.

You're a fool Joe. You keep fucking yourself over lib. (pardon my french posters but this guy really pisses me off).

And the dead give away was blaming Bush for Katrina. Only a serious lefty believes that shit.

You are pathetic Joe. Truly pathetic. If there's one thing I detest on message boards it's the posters who think they are truly "taking" all of us in pretending to be what they aren't.

Last edited:

I've seen no discernible difference in the level of hatred at Bush & Obama. The internet exacerbates it, of course, because now there's just so many ways for hateful people to be hateful.

Like I said, until my Romney-loving boss showed me the real meaning of Christmas in 2008, I was as right wing as they come.

So, yeah, I've had to parry unfair Criticisms of Bush just like I parry unfair criticisms of Obama now.

Yes, the internet makes it worse. There are plenty of loons on the right and the left.

The left was mad at Bush for stuff his father did, and how he 'won' made matters worse.

The right hates Obama for who he is. I never remember anyone questioning where Bush was born or who his father was.
Looks like you've forgotten the claims that Prescott Bush was a Nazi supporter.

That said, I've never seen the kind of hate towards Bush that is directed at Obama.

Also, Bush was responsible for 2 wars that hundreds of thousands died in, and his negligence caused the deaths of hundreds in NOLA. These are kind of valid complaints.
Bush caused no deaths in NOLA.

Those are directly attributable to the Democrats who ran the city and the state.

What's your DU name?

There was plenty of blame to go around. The fact Bush didn't even get off his ass until after the hurricane hit... oh, yeah, and the FEMA director whose main qualification was he ran horse shows...

Sorry, guy, you can't polish the turd no matter how hard you rub. Bush fucked up the response to Katrina, and people died.
"There's plenty of blame to go around..."

But you seem to not have any left over for Democrats.

Zero credibility.

As do I. But here's the thing. Business doesn't want us all to work. They want to keep just enough of us desperate so we go along with the abuses. Again, educate yourself on the labor movement... you might be enlightened. Or maybe not.
Perfect example of the ignorance and stupidity of capitalism-haters.

"Business doesn't want us all to work, so fewer people can buy their goods and services, thus maximizing profits!!"

You're a moron, Joe. Just sayin'.

Of course they don't. They are happy to give us credit cards, let us borrow against the value of our houses.

That's why working folks wages have declined since 1980, while executive compensation has increased 600%.

Capitalism is awesome if you're rich. It just kind of sucks for the rest of us.
I repeat: There is no one keeping you down, moron. Your blaming capitalism is just an excuse for your lack of effort.

[

oh shut up, you don't KNOW peoples REASONS for not liking Obama...
And you want to talk about others hating a person FOR WHO THEY ARE, go look in your threads ABOUT ROMNEY

Argument fail.

I hate Romney for what he does. Screw over working people and pushing an evil cult.

And frankly, I think I have most of you people pegged. It's why you squeal so loud when you're pegged.

You don't think at all.

We still see the hate you on the left spew for Bush, so you have NO RIGHT to whine about how Obama is hated..

Hell someone was thrilled Hugo Chavez came on American soil and called Bush a dog

No quit yer pathetic whining:eusa_boohoo:

Take a look at what you just typed. "Bush was responsible for 2 wars. " Any sane individual would realize that the Afghanistan mission was endorsed by the UN and has been under the command of NATO and was a direct result of lunatics flying planes into the towers.

You're a fool Joe. You keep fucking yourself over lib. (pardon my french posters but this guy really pisses me off).

And the dead give away was blaming Bush for Katrina. Only a serious lefty believes that shit.

You are pathetic Joe. Truly pathetic. If there's one thing I detest on message boards it's the posters who think they are truly "taking" all of us in pretending to be what they aren't.

The point his, he chose to go to war instead of using diplomacy. All wars are elective at the end of the day.

I personally had no problem with either war in principle, the way they were carried out was a clusterfuck.

How did we go from being the country that could beat Nazi Germany and Imperial Japan to the country that is struggling to beat Iraq and Afghanistan.

Sorry, was a Republican for a very long time until the religious assholes took over the party.

Your bitter envy and covetousness is noted, but it distorts your worldview.

There is no The Man keeping you down.

YOU are keeping you down.

Accept it and make something of your life. Or continue bitching impotently on the internet.

Me, I bet you'll keep bitching impotently.

Guy, I've worked in the private sector for 20 years, and it's been 10 years since I had any long period of unemployment. (Even after I was illegally let go for medical issues in 2008, I was able to get a new job within a week. I'm just that good.)

I just don't pretend anymore that things are fine. They aren't. You blame the "gummit" for that, I blame the people who are really responsible.

It's a horseshit system, perpetuated by stupid people like you who get easily manipulated over religion, guns, race and sex.

I'm just sorry it took me so long to realize it.
leninsmile4pv.jpg

Then yes indeed the grand old party is rife with overt racists, crypto NAZIs and pandering tools to fascists.

Again, that's only true if the right wingers and cons on this board are representative of the GOP generally.

The REALLY funny part?

You actually believe that horseshit.

:lmao:

I repeat: There is no one keeping you down, moron. Your blaming capitalism is just an excuse for your lack of effort.

Capitalism is evil.

The worst people doing things for the worst reason can never have a good result.

Most religions teach that greed is a sin. It is never a virtue.

It's not about me, personally, guy. I survive in any system. I do okay in this one, and in 10 years, when they tear the corporate system down, I'll do well there, too.

But recognizing a system is fucked up is just having your eyes open. I'm sorry it took so long for me to open mine.

^^^^^^ This!
You left out "...is a pile of crap".

The point his, he chose to go to war instead of using diplomacy. All wars are elective at the end of the day.

I personally had no problem with either war in principle, the way they were carried out was a clusterfuck.

How did we go from being the country that could beat Nazi Germany and Imperial Japan to the country that is struggling to beat Iraq and Afghanistan.

Sorry, was a Republican for a very long time until the religious assholes took over the party.
Hey, dumbass:

How do you negotiate with an enemy who wants to die for his cause?

I've seen no discernible difference in the level of hatred at Bush & Obama. The internet exacerbates it, of course, because now there's just so many ways for hateful people to be hateful.

Like I said, until my Romney-loving boss showed me the real meaning of Christmas in 2008, I was as right wing as they come.

So, yeah, I've had to parry unfair Criticisms of Bush just like I parry unfair criticisms of Obama now.

Yes, the internet makes it worse. There are plenty of loons on the right and the left.

The left was mad at Bush for stuff his father did, and how he 'won' made matters worse.

The right hates Obama for who he is. I never remember anyone questioning where Bush was born or who his father was.

No, they were just something the fringe said. The fringe said a lot of crazy stuff, left and right.

The problem with you clowns is you let your fringe run wild.

Now if Kerry every gave a shout out to the people who claimed Prescott was a Nazi, like Romney gave a shout-out to the Birfers, you might have a point that isn't at the top of your head.

Obama's not a black man. Maybe in skin color, but he is biracial. The OP is a lie from the get go.

Any one with half a brain knows this to be a fact.

And the racists are the ones that will not acknowledge that his mother was white. No doubt that really pisses the real racists off.

And these same souls are sexist as well. She was a fabulously accomplished woman. Stanley Ann was amazing.

Odd how no one ever touts this woman's accomplishments in her lifetime don't you think?

Do you think it's because she was white?

Capitalism is evil.
Communists are stupid. Way, way stupid.
The worst people doing things for the worst reason can never have a good result.

It's not about me, personally, guy. I survive in any system. I do okay in this one, and in 10 years, when they tear the corporate system down, I'll do well there, too.

But recognizing a system is fucked up is just having your eyes open. I'm sorry it took so long for me to open mine.
I don't know why I bother talking to you. You're a lost cause.

Hey, dumbass:

How do you negotiate with an enemy who wants to die for his cause?

You don't.

But the Taliban was not Al Qaeda. We MIGHT have been able to negotiate with them to turn over Bin Laden or go along with us taking them out. Instead, we decided the best response to a terrorist attack was to take a side in a civil war that had already been raging for 30 years.

Bin Laden was out of Afghanistan weeks after we attacked. We are still there 12 years later.

Does this make sense to you?

No, they were just something the fringe said. The fringe said a lot of crazy stuff, left and right.

The problem with you clowns is you let your fringe run wild.

Now if Kerry every gave a shout out to the people who claimed Prescott was a Nazi, like Romney gave a shout-out to the Birfers, you might have a point that isn't at the top of your head.
Need help moving the goalposts?

Capitalism is evil.
Communists are stupid. Way, way stupid.

I don't know why I bother talking to you. You're a lost cause.

Probably because you're a sad, lonely man and I'm the only one who pays attention to you.

Bush caused no deaths in NOLA.

Those are directly attributable to the Democrats who ran the city and the state.

What's your DU name?

There was plenty of blame to go around. The fact Bush didn't even get off his ass until after the hurricane hit... oh, yeah, and the FEMA director whose main qualification was he ran horse shows...

Sorry, guy, you can't polish the turd no matter how hard you rub. Bush fucked up the response to Katrina, and people died.
"There's plenty of blame to go around..."

But you seem to not have any left over for Democrats.

Zero credibility.

Nagin and what's her name are off the national stage now, so yeah, I guess if you want me to say they fucked up, yeah...

But I thought we were talking about why people might have valid complaints against Bush.

Forum List

Back