"There’s a Black Man in the White House"

The point his, he chose to go to war instead of using diplomacy. All wars are elective at the end of the day.

I personally had no problem with either war in principle, the way they were carried out was a clusterfuck.

How did we go from being the country that could beat Nazi Germany and Imperial Japan to the country that is struggling to beat Iraq and Afghanistan.

Sorry, was a Republican for a very long time until the religious assholes took over the party.
Hey, dumbass:

How do you negotiate with an enemy who wants to die for his cause?

You don't.

But the Taliban was not Al Qaeda. We MIGHT have been able to negotiate with them to turn over Bin Laden or go along with us taking them out.

Sheer fantasy.
Instead, we decided the best response to a terrorist attack was to take a side in a civil war that had already been raging for 30 years.

Bin Laden was out of Afghanistan weeks after we attacked. We are still there 12 years later.

Does this make sense to you?
It makes perfect sense.

If we'd fought the Afghanistan war the way we fought WWII, it would have been over in just a couple of years.

But the civilian casualties would have been enormous. It wasn't a price we were willing to pay.

Of course, there are sissy bedwetters who think killing terrorists is a price too steep to pay. Are you a sissy bedwetter?

Looks like you've forgotten the claims that Prescott Bush was a Nazi supporter.

No, they were just something the fringe said. The fringe said a lot of crazy stuff, left and right.

The problem with you clowns is you let your fringe run wild.

Now if Kerry every gave a shout out to the people who claimed Prescott was a Nazi, like Romney gave a shout-out to the Birfers, you might have a point that isn't at the top of your head.
Need help moving the goalposts?

Goalposts haven't been moved one little bit.

Can you name ONE prominant Democrat who claimed Prescott was a Nazi? Or was that some shit that went around on the internet?

But seriously, the GOP treats the birthers like they are gold, instead of denouncing them for the racists they are.

I did a poll of this website, and 25% of the people who post here STILL think Obama wasn't born in this country. This isn't a fringe view. It's a cancer.

Capitalism is evil.
Communists are stupid. Way, way stupid.
The worst people doing things for the worst reason can never have a good result.

Most religions teach that greed is a sin. It is never a virtue.

It's not about me, personally, guy. I survive in any system. I do okay in this one, and in 10 years, when they tear the corporate system down, I'll do well there, too.

But recognizing a system is fucked up is just having your eyes open. I'm sorry it took so long for me to open mine.
I don't know why I bother talking to you. You're a lost cause.

Probably because you're a sad, lonely man and I'm the only one who pays attention to you.
:lol: You're only on a nodding acquaintance with reality, aren't you?

There was plenty of blame to go around. The fact Bush didn't even get off his ass until after the hurricane hit... oh, yeah, and the FEMA director whose main qualification was he ran horse shows...

Sorry, guy, you can't polish the turd no matter how hard you rub. Bush fucked up the response to Katrina, and people died.
"There's plenty of blame to go around..."

But you seem to not have any left over for Democrats.

Zero credibility.

Nagin and what's her name are off the national stage now, so yeah, I guess if you want me to say they fucked up, yeah...
Too little, too late. Not at all sincere.

You simply can't hold Democrats responsible for their failures.

Not at all surprising.
But I thought we were talking about why people might have valid complaints against Bush.
NOLA isn't one of them. Period.

What's your DU name?

Last edited:
Hey, dumbass:

How do you negotiate with an enemy who wants to die for his cause?

You don't.

But the Taliban was not Al Qaeda. We MIGHT have been able to negotiate with them to turn over Bin Laden or go along with us taking them out.

Sheer fantasy.
Instead, we decided the best response to a terrorist attack was to take a side in a civil war that had already been raging for 30 years.

Bin Laden was out of Afghanistan weeks after we attacked. We are still there 12 years later.

It makes perfect sense.

If we'd fought the Afghanistan war the way we fought WWII, it would have been over in just a couple of years.

But the civilian casualties would have been enormous. It wasn't a price we were willing to pay.

Of course, there are sissy bedwetters who think killing terrorists is a price too steep to pay. Are you a sissy bedwetter?

You show me your DD214, and I'll show you mine.

Again, the stupidity was the CIA arming Bin Laden from the get go, because he was killing Russians who might teach Afghan girls how to read. But then he was a "Freedom Fighter".

When he kills Americans, he's a "terrorist". See. Fun with words.

If we fought Afghanistan the way we fought WWII, we'd still be in the same mess, and more people would hate us.

Our middle east policy is one of sticking our fists into hornet's nests and wondering why we get stung. Sometimes by hornets we thought were nice. (Bin Laden, Saddam were both on the CIA Payroll at some point.)

"There's plenty of blame to go around..."

But you seem to not have any left over for Democrats.

Zero credibility.

Nagin and what's her name are off the national stage now, so yeah, I guess if you want me to say they fucked up, yeah...

Not at all surprising.
But I thought we were talking about why people might have valid complaints against Bush.

What's your DU name?

Nobody with a lick of sense tries to defend Bush over NOLA. Even his own aides admit that they totally screwed that one up.

I voted for Bush twice, and thought he was unfairly maligned often.

That said, I've never seen the kind of hate towards Bush that is directed at Obama.

Also, Bush was responsible for 2 wars that hundreds of thousands died in, and his negligence caused the deaths of hundreds in NOLA. These are kind of valid complaints.

You constantly out yourself as a liberal.

Take a look at what you just typed. "Bush was responsible for 2 wars. " Any sane individual would realize that the Afghanistan mission was endorsed by the UN and has been under the command of NATO and was a direct result of lunatics flying planes into the towers.

You're a fool Joe. You keep fucking yourself over lib. (pardon my french posters but this guy really pisses me off).

And the dead give away was blaming Bush for Katrina. Only a serious lefty believes that shit.

You are pathetic Joe. Truly pathetic. If there's one thing I detest on message boards it's the posters who think they are truly "taking" all of us in pretending to be what they aren't.

The point his, he chose to go to war instead of using diplomacy. All wars are elective at the end of the day.

I personally had no problem with either war in principle, the way they were carried out was a clusterfuck.

How did we go from being the country that could beat Nazi Germany and Imperial Japan to the country that is struggling to beat Iraq and Afghanistan.

Sorry, was a Republican for a very long time until the religious assholes took over the party.

What part of "the NATO troops won" in Afghanistan did you miss? We won.

It was nation building that failed.

Now sadly Canada did not enter the Iraq war but that was due to a little hiccup called "My Prime Ministers son in law was involved in the Oil for food scandal".

But the Iraq war was won as well by the coalition of the willing. Nation building not a bad score for Iraq.

But you cannot acknowledge truth. You are a liberal.

No, they were just something the fringe said. The fringe said a lot of crazy stuff, left and right.

The problem with you clowns is you let your fringe run wild.

Now if Kerry every gave a shout out to the people who claimed Prescott was a Nazi, like Romney gave a shout-out to the Birfers, you might have a point that isn't at the top of your head.

Can you name ONE prominant Democrat who claimed Prescott was a Nazi? Or was that some shit that went around on the internet?
Whoopie Goldberg.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yli3BxBEwOw]Whoopi Goldberg discusses George Bush Nazi links - YouTube[/ame]

Now quick, claim she isn't a prominent Democrat! You'll look even dumber than you do now!
But seriously, the GOP treats the birthers like they are gold, instead of denouncing them for the racists they are.
It's not racism, you fucking idiot.

Really, dood, this constant squawking of racism when it's not there is simply vacuous.
I did a poll of this website, and 25% of the people who post here STILL think Obama wasn't born in this country. This isn't a fringe view. It's a cancer.
You really think USMB is representative of the nation as a whole?

What a moron. :lmao:

You don't.

Sheer fantasy.

It makes perfect sense.

You show me your DD214, and I'll show you mine.
20 years, USAF. What's that got to do with anything?
Again, the stupidity was the CIA arming Bin Laden from the get go, because he was killing Russians who might teach Afghan girls how to read. But then he was a "Freedom Fighter".

If we fought Afghanistan the way we fought WWII, we'd still be in the same mess, and more people would hate us.

Our middle east policy is one of sticking our fists into hornet's nests and wondering why we get stung. Sometimes by hornets we thought were nice. (Bin Laden, Saddam were both on the CIA Payroll at some point.)
Yawn. Yeah, yeah, chickens coming home to roost, we deserved to be attacked, yadda yadda yadda.

Just chickenshit nonsense.

Not at all surprising.

What's your DU name?

Nobody with a lick of sense tries to defend Bush over NOLA. Even his own aides admit that they totally screwed that one up.
Nobody with a lick of sense tries to attack Bush over NOLA.

That explains why you're doing it.

Incompetent Democrats are what caused the problems in New Orleans. That's reality.

Not at all surprising.

What's your DU name?

The only reason I'm not living in Pontchatoula right now is because of Katrina. I'm not fake like you.

I'm real. I was on my way to LA when Katrina hit. I have a real life. I'm not an illusionary poster. I was waiting for Katrina to pass staying in campgrounds in Manitoba. We talked my sire's breeder into running from Lumberton and amen she did. My dam's breeder stayed in Pontchatoula doing rescue.

Don't you tell me about shit you read in the media or listening to freaking Anderson Cooper as they were all slamming Bush.

I knew the real deal. That crazy mayor wouldn't evacuate anyone. That douche bag Governor wouldn't ask for help.

You know that don't you? Or are you pretending to be American too? That you don't know that President Bush couldn't do jack shit unless the Governor requested help?

And fellow posters please forgive my french but this shit over Katrina pisses me clean off.

My whole life changed because of this hurricane.

Not at all surprising.

What's your DU name?

Incompetent Democrats are what caused the problems in New Orleans. That's reality.

Truth.

Just before Katrina rolled in, we had booked into a little motel in Steinbach up here. I was trying to reach my friends desperately because we were being told category 5 aka end of the world while we were hearing the Mayor and the Governor downplay this hurricane.

It was like two different worlds. That evil little mayor only cared about tourism.The Governor was taking orders from the DNC and playing politics. It was unreal witnessing this from afar.

I reached Sherri and her brothers drove from Texas to evacuate her kennel and her horses.

This was a nightmare of epic proportions. But this was a game played by Democrats. Disgusting democrats.

What part of "the NATO troops won" in Afghanistan did you miss? We won.

I guess the part where we had the victory parade, all our boys came home, and Afghanistan was never a problem again. That's how I define "winning a war", and we never came close. I fault both Bush and Obama for that.

It was nation building that failed.

Now sadly Canada did not enter the Iraq war but that was due to a little hiccup called "My Prime Ministers son in law was involved in the Oil for food scandal".

But the Iraq war was won as well by the coalition of the willing. Nation building not a bad score for Iraq.

Most people think Canada made the right call today. And since Iraq is today a fast friend of the Ayatollahs in Iran because we got rid of the Sunni government and replaced it with a Shi'ite one, I'm kind of wondering what we "won" there.

But you cannot acknowledge truth. You are a liberal.

No, just a pragmatist. Especially towards the Middle East where we have no business being. Obama's more likely to get us out, Romney's more like to dig us in deeper, judging by his comments today.

Um, everyone concludes Bush fucked up NOLA.

Even Bush.

Katrina failings were my fault, Bush admits for first time | World news | The Guardian

For the first time, George Bush yesterday explicitly took responsibility for shortcomings in the federal response to Hurricane Katrina. Speaking at a press conference at the White House, President Bush said that it had "exposed serious problems in our response capability at all levels of government".

"And to the extent the federal government didn't fully do its job right, I take responsibility," Mr Bush said. "I want to know what went wrong or what went right ... It's in our national interest that we find out exactly what went on so we can better respond. I'm not going to defend the process going in but I am going to defend the people on the ground saving lives."

Um, everyone concludes Bush fucked up NOLA.

Even Bush.

Katrina failings were my fault, Bush admits for first time | World news | The Guardian

For the first time, George Bush yesterday explicitly took responsibility for shortcomings in the federal response to Hurricane Katrina. Speaking at a press conference at the White House, President Bush said that it had "exposed serious problems in our response capability at all levels of government".

"And to the extent the federal government didn't fully do its job right, I take responsibility," Mr Bush said. "I want to know what went wrong or what went right ... It's in our national interest that we find out exactly what went on so we can better respond. I'm not going to defend the process going in but I am going to defend the people on the ground saving lives."
What Bush did taking responsibility is called "leadership".

The current Blamer-in-Chief is incapable.

Robert Byrd

I did a poll of this website, and 25% of the people who post here STILL think Obama wasn't born in this country.

25% of the people that responded does not make up 25% of the board.

Whoopie Goldberg.

Now quick, claim she isn't a prominent Democrat! You'll look even dumber than you do now!
It's not racism, you fucking idiot.

Really, dood, this constant squawking of racism when it's not there is simply vacuous.
You really think USMB is representative of the nation as a whole?

What a moron. :lmao:

No, I think it's representative of the far Right Wing that has the GOP (usually sensible people) shitting their pants.

The GOP has been smoking the racial resentment weed for decades, from Reagan's welfare queens to Willie Horton, and now it's mataticized into a cancer that will probalby kill the host.

Yawn. Yeah, yeah, chickens coming home to roost, we deserved to be attacked, yadda yadda yadda.

Just chickenshit nonsense.

Only if you try to go through life thinking they were "evildoers", who just attacked us while we were minding our own business.

We don't belong over there. But we keep playing around in their part of the world, and wonder why there's blowback.

Imagine if we never gave weapons to the assholes in Afghanistan. The Soviets would have finished them off in a year. Instead, we created an army of religous assholes who hated westerners, and modernity.

This was a good idea, why again?

Oh,yeah. Gotta beat them Commies.

Bashir's hate is like a freakin' laser beam.

Funny thing is, he's just average at MSNBC.

it isn't racist to point out racism. i don't know why that confuses some people.

So what is the racism? Just saying ****** doesnt make you racist.....turing firehoses on people tying to eat in a dinner is......and thats what democrats do

Forum List

Back