There is NO RISK in privatizing SS and investing in stock market!!!

Would the management fees be considered a tax by the right?

You still gonna tax me with an SS tax and then force me to invest it in private enterprise?
Sounds like forcing mer to buy insurance.

No one suggested forcing you to invest in anything. The original proposal was to ALLOW people to invest a portion of their SS contribution into the market. Can you imagine the ROI if this had been made a law? The market has almost tripled since 2008.

The point of the bill was to allow investment professionals to fleece Americans, privatizing their profit while socializing the risk and damage.

That will never be allowed to happen.

Just do like cheapo retirement date funds with a mix of simple broad based index funds of different asset classes.

The point of the bill was to allow investment professionals to fleece Americans, privatizing their profit while socializing the risk and damage.

That's what a commie would say, Fakey.

You are saying what an anarcho-commie would say, accusing a legitimate defense of Americans to be somehow un-American, some how 'commie.'

I think it was Brazil who gave those on the SS the choice of investing or staying with SS.

Those who invested make out way better than those who stayed with SS.

There are all kinds of thing you can invest in with your money. The stock market? Nope. I'd stay away from that. To dicey. There are lots of other venues in which you can invest and make money.

You are saying what an anarcho-commie would say, accusing a legitimate defense of Americans to be somehow un-American, some how 'commie.'

Foisting a huge Ponzi scheme on them isn't "protecting" them.

There's no risk in letting me keep my money in my pocket to start with.
The problem is that w/o soc sec, people like you will croak early leaving dependents behind, and they'll go on the dole, which the rest of us pay for. But, w/ soc sec your wife would get around 1500K a month and your kids would get about half until their 19, so they'd stay OUT OF MY POCKET.

There are all kinds of thing you can invest in with your money. The stock market? Nope. I'd stay away from that. To dicey. There are lots of other venues in which you can invest and make money.
Depends age, timeframe, etc.

Agree. If I were younger, looking for long term investment, I'd buy rentals. No reason for younger people not to buy property right now or older people to refinance. Thank President Obama for that.

Nothing to stop people from investing in the stock market either, if that's what you want to do. RWs need to stop others for their own laziness and inability to save for their own retirement. Calling SS a Ponzi scheme shows your ignorance.

the stock market has and always will be a crooked house of card cheating money grabbing scumbags who get paid handsomely to do nothing good for anybody involved but themselves. stop being fooled that if you gamble your retirement, a fool already, you will make easy money off other poor peoples hard labor in prison conditions across the globe. These have always been false profits and come home to roost as they have now. stupid stupid greedy lazy people get burned. haven't we learned that yet.?

the stock market has and always will be a crooked house of card cheating money grabbing scumbags who get paid handsomely to do nothing good for anybody involved but themselves. stop being fooled that if you gamble your retirement, a fool already, you will make easy money off other poor peoples hard labor in prison conditions across the globe. These have always been false profits and come home to roost as they have now. stupid stupid greedy lazy people get burned. haven't we learned that yet.?

What do YOU invest in?

What is YOUR retirement plan?

What do YOU invest in?

I wouldn't invest it in the market as it's been proven to be corrupt and has stolen the majority of the money. if it were such a good deal, why would the government force you to invest in it as they do with 401k and etc...? doesn't that bother anybody about the freedom not to play the markets? you are trying to profit off of millions or billions of other's suffering you evil idiot. it's come home to roost now. enjoy your profits.

What do YOU invest in?

I wouldn't invest it in the market as it's been proven to be corrupt and has stolen the majority of the money. if it were such a good deal, why would the government force you to invest in it as they do with 401k and etc...? doesn't that bother anybody about the freedom not to play the markets? you are trying to profit off of millions or billions of other's suffering you evil idiot. it's come home to roost now. enjoy your profits.

What do YOU invest in?

Capitalism, and the creation of wealth, also empowers poor people and lessens suffering. The belief that every human has a right to pursue his own self-interest is the foundation of liberty.

As for 401k and stocks, I'd go vanguard. But, I'm looking towards short term cd's now.

The rate of return on soc sec is not really a relevant issue, because it is social insurance, not a retirement "fund." But, if you think you can buy an annuity type investment, that will insure that if you die young your wife and family get a similar benefit to that of soc sec, provide a disability insurance provision for you should you become injured, and pay out around $2,400 a month if you work full time to 70, let me know. LOL

Forum List

Back