There is NO RISK in privatizing SS and investing in stock market!!!

I think it was Brazil who gave those on the SS the choice of investing or staying with SS.

Those who invested make out way better than those who stayed with SS.

There are all kinds of thing you can invest in with your money. The stock market? Nope. I'd stay away from that. To dicey. There are lots of other venues in which you can invest and make money.

SOME who invested make out way better than those who stayed with SS. Unless you played an ALL-OUT in August of 2007 (which I recommended) you lost monies.

oddball

And others who are critical of SS and/or the stock market - what do you invest in? What is your retirement plan?

Why is it that none of them ever answer that simple question?

Good luck!, I'm still waiting for the 'over-taxed' to post their effective Federal tax rate.

I have no problem with letting people manage their own retirement money. However, the default option should be a defined contribution fund managed by professionals.

How many of those lost all or most in 1998 and 2008?

I don't know but stocks are now at their all-time highs.

Over long periods of time, stocks have far, far outperformed government bonds. $100 million managed in a typical 60% equity, 40% bonds portfolio earning an average 8% per year is worth $4.6 billion in 50 years. A portfolio of 100% government bonds earning on average 4% is worth $460 million. During the last 70 years, there have been 12 bear market declines of at least 20%, and 3 declines of over 40%. Yet, stocks still have done much better than government bonds, which are the assets of SS.

And yet you can't disprove any of my posts.
Why would anyone bother? Anyone on some message board who makes as much effort as you do to constantly boast they are worth millions and millions is very likely full of shit, so I've concluded you are full of shit.

I don't care whether you want someone to prove it or not, if you want me to think otherwise then you prove it. Since that ain't gonna happen we're going to have to agree on where we stand: you constantly claiming you are rich and me thinking you are lying.

Among those with a balanced portfolio of stocks and bonds, very few.

If you're 60/40 and the stock market drops 50%, while bonds go up 7%, you've still got 73% of your portfolio.

Then you have to factor in total investment loss since you've lost a percentage that is no longer making monies.

Why would anyone bother? Anyone on some message board who makes as much effort as you do to constantly boast they are worth millions and millions is very likely full of shit, so I've concluded you are full of shit.

I don't care whether you want someone to prove it or not, if you want me to think otherwise then you prove it. Since that ain't gonna happen we're going to have to agree on where we stand: you constantly claiming you are rich and me thinking you are lying.

The fact remains that you can't.

Then you have to factor in total investment loss since you've lost a percentage that is no longer making monies.
And you can factor in stocks going back up, and factor stocks having been bought for cheaper in the years leading up to the crash, blah blah bottom line someone with a diversified portfolio probably didn't lose most of their money in the dotcom crash or great recession.

The fact remains that you can't.
You can't prove I'm not an astronaut who sings operas and once beat up Chuck Norris, which is about the same likelihood of you being the megamillionaire you constantly boast about.

And you can factor in stocks going back up, and factor stocks having been bought for cheaper in the years leading up to the crash, blah blah bottom line someone with a diversified portfolio probably didn't lose most of their money in the dotcom crash or great recession.

You can't prove I'm not an astronaut who sings operas and once beat up Chuck Norris, which is about the same likelihood of you being the megamillionaire you constantly boast about.

A loss, is a loss, is a loss. You may re-coop the lost monies, but you'll NEVER re-coop the lost revenue from investing the lost monies. This is why I'm a multimillionaire, and you're not an astronaut who sings operas and once beat up Chuck Norris

Forum List

Back