There is a special place in Hell for Kim Jong Un

“President Trump committed to provide security guarantees to the DPRK and Chairman Kim Jong Un reaffirmed his unwavering commitment to complete denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula,” according to a preamble of the document.
Please provide us with the preamble and the mechanism in place to make sure it happens.
I think Trump made a positive step this week but he did not have to kiss the ass of a despot in doing so. It is a positive step but much more needs to be done.

What "ass kissing"? You're a fruit loop if you think suspending war games on the S. Korean border is giving anything up. Our boys are all still there and I guarantee you that them and the S. Korean's are more than ready to walk all over N. Korea if the need arises.

For the record here is the full text according to the media:

President Trump and Chairman Kim Jong Un conducted a comprehensive in-depth and sincere exchange of opinions on the issues related to the establishment of new US-DPRK relations and the building of a lasting and robust peace regime on the Korean Peninsula. President Trump committed to provide security guarantees to the DPRK, and Chairman Kim Jong Un reaffirmed his firm and unwavering commitment to complete denuclearization of the Korean peninsula.

Convinced that the establishment of new US-DPRK relations will contribute to the peace and prosperity of the Korean peninsula and of the world, and recognizing that mutual confidence building can promote the denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula, President Trump and Chairman Kim Jong Un state the following:

1. The United States and the DPRK commit to establish new US-DPRK relations in accordance with the desire of the peoples of the two countries for peace and prosperity
  2. The United States and the DPRK will join their efforts to build a lasting and stable peace regime on the Korean Peninsula
  3. Reaffirming the April 27, 2018 Panmunjom Declaration, the DPRK commits to work toward complete denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula
  4. The United States and the DPRK commit to recovering POW/MIA remains, including the immediate repatriation of those already identified.
Having acknowledged that the US-DPRK summit — the first in history — was an epochal event of great significance in overcoming decades of tensions and hostilities between the two countries and for the opening up of a new future, President Trump and Chairman Kim Jong Un commit to implement the stipulation in this joint statement fully and expeditiously. The United States and the DPRK commit to hold follow-on negotiations, led by the US Secretary of State, Mike Pompeo, and a relevant high-level DPRK official, at the earliest possible date, to implement the outcomes of the US-DPRK summit.

President Donald J Trump of the United States of America and Chairman Kim Jong Un of the State Affairs Commission of the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea have committed to cooperate for the development of new US-DPRK relations and for the promotion of peace, prosperity, and security of the Korean Peninsula and of the world.

“President Trump committed to provide security guarantees to the DPRK and Chairman Kim Jong Un reaffirmed his unwavering commitment to complete denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula,” according to a preamble of the document.
Please provide us with the preamble and the mechanism in place to make sure it happens.
I think Trump made a positive step this week but he did not have to kiss the ass of a despot in doing so. It is a positive step but much more needs to be done.

What "ass kissing"? You're a fruit loop if you think suspending war games on the S. Korean border is giving anything up. Our boys are all still there and I guarantee you that them and the S. Korean's are more than ready to walk all over N. Korea if the need arises.
Calling KJU a great guy is kissing his ass and absolutely false

President Trump and Chairman Kim Jong Un conducted a comprehensive in-depth and sincere exchange of opinions on the issues related to the establishment of new US-DPRK relations and the building of a lasting and robust peace regime on the Korean Peninsula. President Trump committed to provide security guarantees to the DPRK, and Chairman Kim Jong Un reaffirmed his firm and unwavering commitment to complete denuclearization of the Korean peninsula.

Convinced that the establishment of new US-DPRK relations will contribute to the peace and prosperity of the Korean peninsula and of the world, and recognizing that mutual confidence building can promote the denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula, President Trump and Chairman Kim Jong Un state the following:

1. The United States and the DPRK commit to establish new US-DPRK relations in accordance with the desire of the peoples of the two countries for peace and prosperity
  2. The United States and the DPRK will join their efforts to build a lasting and stable peace regime on the Korean Peninsula
  3. Reaffirming the April 27, 2018 Panmunjom Declaration, the DPRK commits to work toward complete denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula
  4. The United States and the DPRK commit to recovering POW/MIA remains, including the immediate repatriation of those already identified.
Having acknowledged that the US-DPRK summit — the first in history — was an epochal event of great significance in overcoming decades of tensions and hostilities between the two countries and for the opening up of a new future, President Trump and Chairman Kim Jong Un commit to implement the stipulation in this joint statement fully and expeditiously. The United States and the DPRK commit to hold follow-on negotiations, led by the US Secretary of State, Mike Pompeo, and a relevant high-level DPRK official, at the earliest possible date, to implement the outcomes of the US-DPRK summit.

President Donald J Trump of the United States of America and Chairman Kim Jong Un of the State Affairs Commission of the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea have committed to cooperate for the development of new US-DPRK relations and for the promotion of peace, prosperity, and security of the Korean Peninsula and of the world.
That is not definitive and there are no enforcement mechanisms. It is a good start but let's not get ahead of ourselves.

I feel you didn't watch the whole thing, it wasn't all praise for rocket boy.

On the other hand I'll totally take your apparent position; next time some drug addict or robber comes begging for help, I'll be sure to call them a shit bag to their face so they know better than to talk to me again. Also, since we're now no longer considering that folks can change their ways, nor that they deserve second chances, I expect that we can up the death penalties and "less harsh" penalties for crimes.

That is not definitive and there are no enforcement mechanisms. It is a good start but let's not get ahead of ourselves.

Yep and there's no definitive that we won't have war games on their border next year either. It requires that both sides uphold their agreement else it all goes to hell in a hand basket and N. Korea loses everything.

So Trump has accomplished nothing.

Nothing other than unprecedented hope for the future when it comes to our relations with North Korea.

Right. We gave N Korea a meeting they have been wanting for decades, and Kim can brag that he forced it by being strong and building nukes. He's already said he will never remove his nukes. I'm sure that won't encourage every other dictator in the world to do the same thing. Do you feel safer?
If he backs out.............and doesn't do as promised then the Sanctions remain.............If he goes back to firing missiles then we go to War........

He must choose..............Honestly when he was firing the missiles at Japan I mentioned killing him...............assassination..............never thought what just happened was possible........................Now.......I'll wait and see what happens.......

Unless you are in a hurry for another War.

So nothing has changed, other than the big gifts Trump gave them.
Only gift was shutting down the training and for that the Marines in the training will be happy..............those flat bottom boats turn them green as the line the rails puking over the side.............Been there and done that..............these drills have been going on forever...........

Thought is was funny watching them turn green. LOL

In regards to launching an amphibious landing if needed there................we don't need the training ..............already know how to do it if needed.....This has always been an in your face exercise to N. Korea.

And we all know the only exercizes are riding flat bottom boats.

There is a special place in Hell for Kim Jong Un. WRONG, WRONG, sure he had his half brother and uncle killed. He has personally had over 300 people put to death. An American student was imprisoned for stealing a poster and died from his treatment in a Kim Jong Un prison. BUT KIM JONG UN IS A GOOD GUY. Just ask President Trump.

Now Justin Trudeau is a different story. He said he will not allow the US to push around Canada. According to the Trump White House, THERE IS A SPECIAL PLACE IN HELL FOR TRUDEAU.

The world according to Trump.

This folks is a talking point man right here....everything he has said, he did not come up with...…

So should we just nuke north korea now? or wait a week?
This is a senseless, stupid response. You got to be able to do better.
No I heard the exact same thing on MSNBC.....
He did kill a student....so we shouldn't stop him from having nukes?
and Trudeau is a gnat.....he'll comply...what choice does he have?

I feel you didn't watch the whole thing, it wasn't all praise for rocket boy.

On the other hand I'll totally take your apparent position; next time some drug addict or robber comes begging for help, I'll be sure to call them a shit bag to their face so they know better than to talk to me again. Also, since we're now no longer considering that folks can change their ways, nor that they deserve second chances, I expect that we can up the death penalties and "less harsh" penalties for crimes.
You do not have to call him a shitbag but you do not have call him a great guy.
Call him nothing and give him a chance.

There is a special place in Hell for Kim Jong Un. WRONG, WRONG, sure he had his half brother and uncle killed. He has personally had over 300 people put to death. An American student was imprisoned for stealing a poster and died from his treatment in a Kim Jong Un prison. BUT KIM JONG UN IS A GOOD GUY. Just ask President Trump.

Now Justin Trudeau is a different story. He said he will not allow the US to push around Canada. According to the Trump White House, THERE IS A SPECIAL PLACE IN HELL FOR TRUDEAU.

This folks is a talking point man right here....everything he has said, he did not come up with...…

You are an idiot and you know it.

you're the lefty

again he shouldn't have met kim, then what should he have done?

you're the lefty

apparently he did the right thing

you're the lefty

Trump should have met with KJU but should not have called him a great man and a great leader. To put KJU and North Korea on the same stage as the USA President and the USA is a huge win for KJU. You do not have to go further by calling him a great leader and a great person.
No ass kissing of a despot It brings the US down. Trump even saluted a North Korea general.

There is a special place in hell for Irans current leadership as well as the Castro brothers but I guess they are decent enough people to cut deals with depending on who is doing it.
No one called any Cuban or Iranian leaders, great people, great leaders and loved by their citizens. That would have been disgusting.

There is a special place in hell for Irans current leadership as well as the Castro brothers but I guess they are decent enough people to cut deals with depending on who is doing it.
No one called any Cuban or Iranian leaders, great people, great leaders and loved by their citizens. That would have been disgusting.
Still made a deal with them though. Some of you are going to complain no matter what Trump says when he was using harsh language he was dangerous and going to get us into a nuclear war now his language is to nice and to soft.

you're the lefty

Trump should have met with KJU but should not have called him a great man and a great leader. To put KJU and North Korea on the same stage as the USA President and the USA is a huge win for KJU. You do not have to go further by calling him a great leader and a great person.
No ass kissing of a despot It brings the US down. Trump even saluted a North Korea general.

Ok, now that is a fair point.
I disagree, because I think he's using flattery on Kim's ego to try and persuade him to do the right thing. Now will it work? We'll see.......but I can certainly understand your point and will not criticize it.

you're the lefty

Ok, now that is a fair point.
I disagree, because I think he's using flattery on Kim's ego to try and persuade him to do the right thing. Now will it work? We'll see.......but I can certainly understand your point and will not criticize it.
I appreciate this type of back and forth. We can agree to disagree.

Well because they used the standard playbook of doing nothing at all.

I mean Trump dared this guy.........now he's trying to get him to follow through......build him up.....give him something to lose......Trump did it during the campaign...he'd build up one rival to attack another.......it's a strategy, I'm pretty sure Wambier's family knows this, and they may not like it, but they understand preventing nuclear war is worth a few bullshit niceties

Otto Warmbier’s parents are hopeful after the Trump-Kim summit. But they’re still suing North Korea..

Forum List

Back