There are just some things whites need to learn

Diversity of Political Affiliation

While only 2 percent of Black Census respondents identify politically as Republicans, the remainder are not all Democrats. Nearly a quarter identify as independents. About 60 percent identify as Democrats. Another 6 percent have allegiance to some other political party.

Black Census respondents are more positive toward the Democratic Party than the Republican Party, but nearly a fifth have unfavorable views toward the Democratic Party. The Democratic Party has a net favorability rating (favorable percentage minus unfavorable percentage) of 43 percent, much better than the Republican Party’s net favorability rating of minus 67 percent. However, if one compares the Democratic Party’s 43 percent net favorability rating to the NAACP’s 60 percent, it becomes clear that there is room for improvement in the Democratic Party in the eyes of the respondents.

As for you people waiting for the opinions of black conservatives in the hopes they'll say something that validates what you want to believe about black people, you will probably be sorely disappointed. Furthermore no one asks any of you when you post your racism whether you ask people who are liberal or non racist. The information in this thread is about the concerns of the black community as seen by blacks. Not by ideology and certainly not issues that whites think we should consider.

The OP would not accept a white person telling him what black people need to learn. The OP is dismissed.
Exactly, think I will skip this lame class and go smoke a jay out back.
Fuck that dude. Stick around and read what he has to post. Come on now...
What's the point?
The OP gave me a failing grade long ago.
I just nod off during the lectures.

But you want to lecture me about what blacks need to do.

While only 2 percent of Black Census respondents identify politically as Republicans, the remainder are not all Democrats. Nearly a quarter identify as independents. About 60 percent identify as Democrats. Another 6 percent have allegiance to some other political party.

Black Census respondents are more positive toward the Democratic Party than the Republican Party, but nearly a fifth have unfavorable views toward the Democratic Party. The Democratic Party has a net favorability rating (favorable percentage minus unfavorable percentage) of 43 percent, much better than the Republican Party’s net favorability rating of minus 67 percent. However, if one compares the Democratic Party’s 43 percent net favorability rating to the NAACP’s 60 percent, it becomes clear that there is room for improvement in the Democratic Party in the eyes of the respondents.

As for you people waiting for the opinions of black conservatives in the hopes they'll say something that validates what you want to believe about black people, you will probably be sorely disappointed. Furthermore no one asks any of you when you post your racism whether you ask people who are liberal or non racist. The information in this thread is about the concerns of the black community as seen by blacks. Not by ideology and certainly not issues that whites think we should consider.
"As for you people waiting for the opinions of black conservatives in the hopes they'll say something that validates what you want to believe about black people, you will probably be sorely disappointed."

I don't require validation. Rational thinking based on facts and logic doesn't need cheerleading.

"Not by ideology and certainly not issues that whites think we should consider."

So you don't want to hear what white people think...but insist we must listen to you? That's not going to end up like you want.

I've seen how liberals, both black and white, treat black conservatives. Y'all ought to be ashamed.

Whites do not get to determine credibility of information derived by blacks.

Racist! Credibility is not about skin color.

Whites do not get to determine credibility of information derived by blacks.

Accept that and STFU.
And that is very racist of you. Of course you deny being a racist, but that does not change the fact that you are. When it comes to perpetuating racism, you are part of the problem.

Look idiot, this study's credibility is questioned only because it is led by someone in Black Lives Matter. Now shut your dumb racist white ass up.

There are far too many whites here arguing with things said by blacks without having read any information. And while I doubt if those who are only here because they can talk their racist trash without getting their teeth busted will read these facts, be forewarned that off topic posts will be reported immediately.

You are about to begin looking at information from a report named "More Black than Blue: Politics and Power in the 2019 Black Census" by the Black Futures Lab

"The Black Futures Lab’s Black Census Project is the largest survey of Black people conducted in the United States since Reconstruction. Reached through online outreach methods and community partnerships, over 30,000 Black people from across the country participated in the Black Census Project, providing experiences, views and opinions about politics, society, and the opportunities and challenges facing Black communities and the nation. The Black Census Project amplifies the concerns and aspirations of the most politically and civically engaged Black adults in the U.S., revealing issues critical to activating and engaging Black communities in the years ahead."

To conduct the Census, the Black Futures Lab worked in partnership with more than 30 grassroots organizations serving Black communities nationwide. The Black Futures Lab also partnered with 2 of the largest online civil rights organizations serving Black communities and their allies— PushBlack and Color of Change. As a result, the Black Census includes populations that are usually not represented or are underrepresented in traditional surveys, such as homeless people, incarcerated people, LGBTQ people, Black Republicans and conservatives, Black immigrants, and mixed-raced people with a Black parent, among others.

The Black Census is not a traditional probabilistic survey sample, which often fails to fully represent populations whose experiences are important to understanding the complexity of Black life. Instead, the Black Census utilized unique survey collection methods that drew on robust online networks and sent local organizers into Black businesses, churches, libraries, barbershops and other community gathering places from North Carolina to Nevada, providing a rare and important opportunity to hear and learn from voices too often at the margins of America’s political debate.

This is the first in a series of reports on the Black Census, focusing on the most pressing economic and criminal justice issues among Black Census respondents, with a spotlight on how respondents are engaged in the electoral process.
Why can’t we have equal justice??

"As for you people waiting for the opinions of black conservatives in the hopes they'll say something that validates what you want to believe about black people, you will probably be sorely disappointed."

I don't require validation. Rational thinking based on facts and logic doesn't need cheerleading.

"Not by ideology and certainly not issues that whites think we should consider."

So you don't want to hear what white people think...but insist we must listen to you? That's not going to end up like you want.

I've seen how liberals, both black and white, treat black conservatives. Y'all ought to be ashamed.

You need validation because your thinking is not rational or logical and it is devoid of facts.

And I have seen how black conservatives treat other blacks. So fuck them. I've heard what white people think. That's why I started this thread. Your white asses have NO CLUE of what concerns black people but you continue running your halitosis smelling mouths off about what you white people think we should do. So now it's time for you to learn what our concerns are and not what you whites have decided that they should be.

Whites like you seem to have a problem understanding that your opinions about things you don't face should not matter.

Last edited:
And in usual USMB fashion, the white racists get a case of severe butthurt when they are told their opinion about another race of people is not the authoritative and ultimate correct opinion of that race and that not all within are required to listen and adhere to the white mans advice.

Last edited:
Among the findings:

On economic policy:

• Nine in 10 Black Census respondents (90 percent) view wages too low to sustain a family as a problem in the community, and a large majority (85 percent) support raising the minimum wage to $15 an hour.
• More than 80 percent of respondents see rising college costs as a problem in the community (85 percent), and a similar percentage favor making college affordable for any person who wants to attend (84 percent).
• Most of the respondents agree that the lack of affordable health care is a problem in the community (86 percent), and nearly all consider it the government’s role to provide health care for all Americans (90 percent). • Almost 9 in 10 say that the lack of affordable housing is a problem in the community (86 percent), and agree that the government should provide adequate housing (87 percent).
• More than three-quarters support increasing taxes on individuals earning $250,000 or more, and nearly 60 percent oppose reducing corporate taxes.

On criminal justice policy:

• The vast majority of Black Census respondents see the excessive use of force by police officers (83 percent) and police officers killing Black people (87 percent) as problems in the community.
• Nearly three-quarters of respondents (73 percent) agree that holding police officers responsible for the misconduct would improve police-community relations, while 60 percent favor requiring police officers to wear body cameras.
• Nearly 90 percent of Black Census respondents view gun violence as a problem in the community.
• Respondents express strong support for the Black Lives Matter movement (85 percent favorable) and a majority (55 percent) have an unfavorable opinion of the NRA.
• More than 4 in 5 Black Census respondents (84 percent) favor restoring the voting rights of formerly incarcerated people.

“Nearly 90 percent of Black Census respondents view gun violence as a problem in the community.”

Overall, Black Census respondents are deeply concerned about the economic hardships in Black communities and the unjust and ineffective policing of Black neighborhoods. Respondents are worried about low wages that aren’t enough to sustain Black families and about the high cost of living, including the cost of college education, health care, and housing. Respondents want to see the restoration of the voting rights of family, friends, and community members who have returned from prison.

Respondents are also frustrated by the seemingly intractable problems of unjust policing that leads to police killings and brutality toward Black people, and a failure to address gun violence. These same concerns are mirrored among the respondents who are most engaged with the electoral process—people who not only vote but are engaged as donors, volunteers, or canvassers. This agreement suggests that electorally engaged respondents do not need to convince those who are less engaged about what problems are important or even which solutions to adopt, but rather about the effectiveness of taking action.

Said simply, ignoring the concerns and needs of Black communities leads to cynicism about change being possible in the current political system, and is a key barrier to Black political participation. Political leaders who rely on the political participation of Black people must pay attention and act on the concerns of Black Census respondents if they want Black communities to remain engaged or mobilize further.

Last edited:
The OP would not accept a white person telling him what black people need to learn. The OP is dismissed.
What's the point?
I make attempts to be an ally and try to understand his POV, or the out-groups forced and corrupt inequalities. He doesn't want understanding.

He wants prostration, unquestioned authority, and indemnity. Nothing less is acceptable from folks with lesser melanin, but a reworked and revolutionary new caste system.

But would ANY of that change the culture we hear in the black music, read in the black literature, or see in the black movies?

Since the late fifties and early sixties they have strode to have an independent identity. Why? What is the purpose? What elements from the nefarious elites, both black AND white, have been allowed to poison that identity with out question? He doesn't care, nor does he use critical thinking to examine such issues. . . .

I know for a FACT that such issues exist. I met an agent that poisoned the black community, and I can see such poisoning in his thinking.

black-lives-matter-1-876-black-babies-are-aborted-every-day-54334684.png

And in usual USMB fashion, the white racists get a case of severe butthurt when they are told their opinion about another race of people is not the authoritative and ultimate correct opinion of that race and that not all within are required to listen and adhere to the white mans advice.

Dear IM2 I would think that these people are the very ones who
would gain most from working out these issues with you.
Why not start a separate thread for the rejects on here,
and work things out anyway. Why miss the target audience
that would benefit most from sharing perceptions and
exchanging insights with you? Maybe not on this thread
but why not on another?

1. The information in this thread is about the concerns of the black community as seen by blacks. Not by ideology and certainly not issues that whites think we should consider.

2. And I have seen how black conservatives treat other blacks. So fuck them. I've heard what white people think.

3. Most blacks oppose what white conservatives support.

Dear IM2

I find that what CAUSES people to treat others negatively or to think in "authoritarian biases that impose on others as inferior"
(whether "how black conservatives treat other blacks" or "how white people think" or "ideology or issues that whites think we should consider" or "blacks opposing what white conservatives support")
is UNFORGIVENESS and ill will toward others, projected from the past to current relations.

Because I have run into so many exceptions to so many rules in my experiences with people,
I find it isn't race or political label alone, but perception of race or class that causes this negative bias and maltreatment. The more people forgive, less of this past conditioning is projected. If we don't forgive past conditions and injustice, the more we risk emotions attached to get projected and skew our perceptions and interactions with others. It shows when we communicate, like the posters you complain of here adding their biased spins on everything.

Each INDIVIDUAL forgives to different degrees with different situations, conditions or people.

Do you agree this is a universal dynamic with human nature in general?

Even if you believe whites and conservative whites have and exert this bias WORSE than
other people and groups, do you agree that all people have this same capacity for bias and projecting it onto others?

Last edited:
What's the point?
I make attempts to be an ally and try to understand his POV, or the out-groups forced and corrupt inequalities. He doesn't want understanding.

He wants prostration, unquestioned authority, and indemnity. Nothing less is acceptable from folks with lesser melanin, but a reworked and revolutionary new caste system.

But would ANY of that change the culture we hear in the black music, read in the black literature, or see in the black movies?

Since the late fifties and early sixties they have strode to have an independent identity. Why? What is the purpose? What elements from the nefarious elites, both black AND white, have been allowed to poison that identity with out question? He doesn't care, nor does he use critical thinking to examine such issues. . . .

I know for a FACT that such issues exist. I met an agent that poisoned the black community, and I can see such poisoning in his thinking.

black-lives-matter-1-876-black-babies-are-aborted-every-day-54334684.png

It would appear those are the things you want. Because you keep trying to tell me about black people . But I am black and face things blacks actually face. But according to you the issues I see as an actual black person cannot be. I must only accept what you say the issues are. And if I don't then I am the one who doesn't want understanding.

And exactly how has my mind been poisoned?

You picture is wrong.

A recent study by the ECONOMIC POLICY INSTITUTE, something you have not read, showed things have progressed little for blacks in the last 50 years. But it does show improvements in several areas.

For example, information from this study shows that blacks are better educated now than 50 years ago. That 92.3 percent of all blacks have a high school diploma today as opposed to 54.4 percent 50 years ago. In 1968 the gap between blacks and whites with a high school diploma was 21 percentage points. That gap has been reduced to 3.3 percentage points. In 1968 9.1 percent of all blacks had a college degree. Now it is 22.8 percent. That’s nearly a 300 percent increase.

And do you have the percentage of whites who are killed by whites?

At last check it was approximately 90 percent.

According to Bureau of Justice Statistics for the period from 1980 to 2008, a majority (53.3 percent) of gang-homicides were committed by white offenders, and a majority of gang-homicide victims (56.5 percent) were white.

A meme is not fact.

Here's something else you and the other racists around here have read, but you want to argue.

In the last 20 years in particular, the FBI reports, rates of crime among African American youth have plummeted: All offenses (down 47%), drug offenses (down 50%), property offenses (down 51%), serious Part I offenses (down 53%), assault (down 59%), robbery (down 60%), all violent offenses (down 60%), rape (down 66%), and murder (down 82%).

For example, FBI clearance and arrest tabulations now indicate black youths under age 18 account for just 2% of the nation’s homicides. See if you can find that vital perspective in any politician, expert, or major-media commentary.

Why the Gigantic, Decades-Long Drop in Black Youth Crime Threatens Major Interests — Center on Juvenile and Criminal Justice

You don't know what you are talking about.

There are just some things whites need to learn.

1. The information in this thread is about the concerns of the black community as seen by blacks. Not by ideology and certainly not issues that whites think we should consider.

2. And I have seen how black conservatives treat other blacks. So fuck them. I've heard what white people think.

3. Most blacks oppose what white conservatives support.

Dear IM2

I find that what CAUSES people to treat others negatively or to think in "authoritarian biases that impose on others as inferior"
(whether "how black conservatives treat other blacks" or "how white people think" or "ideology or issues that whites think we should consider" or "blacks opposing what white conservatives support")
is UNFORGIVENESS and ill will toward others, projected from the past to current relations.

Because I have run into so many exceptions to so many rules in my experiences with people,
I find it isn't race or political label alone, but perception of race or class that causes this negative bias and maltreatment. The more people forgive, less of this past conditioning is projected. If we don't forgive past conditions and injustice, the more we risk emotions attached to get projected and skew our perceptions and interactions with others. It shows when we communicate, like the posters you complain of here adding their biased spins on everything.

Each INDIVIDUAL forgives to different degrees with different situations, conditions or people.

Do you agree this is a universal dynamic with human nature in general?

Even if you believe whites and conservative whites have and exert this bias WORSE than
other people and groups, do you agree that all people have this same capacity for bias and projecting it onto others?

Emily, no other race of people in America have done what whites have done and continue doing. All your attempts to make equivalences only allows racists to deny their problem.

Black Census respondents support increasing the minimum wage to $15 an hour to begin addressing the issue of low wages. More than 7 in 10 (71 percent) respondents “strongly favor” increasing the minimum wage to $15 an hour, while an additional 14 percent “favor” the policy. In total, 85 percent support a $15 minimum wage.

Higher education can be a powerful gateway to economic mobility. Indeed, the percentage of Black students pursuing and earning college degrees has steadily increased in recent decades.14 Yet as states invest less in public higher education, the cost of attending college, including community college, has grown dramatically.15 With less household wealth to draw on, Black students typically need to borrow more money to attend college than students of other backgrounds.16 Almost 9 in 10 (85 percent) Black Census respondents see rising college costs as a problem for the community. Seventy-seven percent see it as a major problem, and 8 percent see it as a minor problem. To address this problem, 84 percent of respondents favor making college education affordable for any person who wants to attend.

The high cost of health care is another pressing economic concern. Again, the issue is personal for Black Census respondents: Nearly 1 in 3 (32 percent) has put off seeing a doctor for financial reasons in the last 12 months, and another 14 percent lives with someone who has. Although the Affordable Care Act contributed to substantial gains in health insurance coverage among Black people, Black people remain less likely than white people to have health coverage.17 And even among those with health insurance, uncovered procedures or providers, high deductibles, and out-of-pocket cost sharing contribute to unaffordable health care costs and medical debt.18 In fact, older Black adults are nearly 3 times as likely as older white adults to have medical debt.

Black Census respondents recognize that we do not have a health insurance system that provides the needed care at an affordable cost for all Americans, and are aware that the system disproportionately fails Black people. Nearly 90 percent of Black Census respondents see the lack of affordable health care as a problem in the community. This problem is of particular concern for Black Census respondents over the age of 60. Eighty-four percent of senior respondents say the lack of affordable health care is a “major problem,” while 73 percent of young respondents under age 30 say the same.

To improve access to affordable health care, 90 percent of Black Census respondents support the idea of the government providing affordable and quality health care. Within this high level of agreement, there are small differences among generations. Black Census respondents over the age of 60 are nearly unanimous (96 percent) in the belief that government should provide health care. Among the youngest respondents (18-29) that agreement is a still-strong 86 percent.

A majority of Black people live in a rental home, and most Black renter households spend a disproportionate amount of total income on rent.20 For a large share of the Black population, “the rent is too damn high.” Nearly a third (31 percent) of Black Census respondents report being unable to pay the rent or mortgage in the last 12 months or having someone else in the household unable to pay. Nearly 90 percent of Black Census respondents see the lack of affordable quality housing as a problem in the community. On this question there are modest, but important, differences between respondents who are homeowners and those who are not.

Three-quarters of respondents who are homeowners think the lack of affordable housing is a major problem, but among those who do not own their home, this proportion increases to 81 percent. As a solution to this issue, 87 percent of respondents believe in a right to housing: The government should provide adequate housing for people who do not have access.

Forum List

Back