There are between 412-600 million guns in the U.S....and our gun murder rate went down, not up...

see ALL the guns being carried to protect the current and former Presidents of the USA . Look at the new law proposed to allow 'congressmen' to carry guns. Look at all the cops that carry guns . Anyway , its a RIGHT for Americans to have guns to protect themselves and for other purposes Luddley .

Which also has nothing to do with the conversation. Not staying but I'll say it again -

I own guns, have always owned guns, will always own guns. They do not own me and I'm not afraid to leave my home without a gun.

The nutters blame President Obama for their own parroting of the lies from the lobbyist NRA. The same nutters lie, saying that President Obama was coming for their guns when he actually loosened gun laws. The only ones whining about "gun grabbing" are the nutters themselves. The only reason for repeating that lie is to get the gullible dupes to buy more guns.

The drama queen OP is here every day, spamming and yammering. A couple of days ago he actually posted he had seen two teenagers steal two packs of beer and he didn't shoot them.

WTF is wrong with people that they actually believe two cartons of beer are worth more than a human life? Especially since they're the first ones to say they're "pro-life".

The shooting of Trayvon Martin was for no reason and you know it. He was stalked and chased and gunned down by an unemployed gun nutter who wouldn't work before he murdered Trayvon and has effectively ended his own life. Even if gz were not a lazy bum, he will never live a normal life of a job and family and, though you would blame others, he made the choices that put him where he is now.

My posts are almost always geared to making the world a safer place for children. Gun nutters don't don't care. If they did, they would demand the necessary safety measures be required for all. Instead, they want to arm kids,s younger and younger.

Finally, if you have never ended a human life, you have no idea how horrible it really is. I know from experience that being "right" is of no comfort.

Yeah.....please tell us your lie about your life....please....thrill us with the made up experiences that you have had...

[chuckle] , just a general [chuckle] . Thank you Luddley , Mrs Martin / Rightwinger for providing it !! [chuckle] Looks like you anti gunners took it in the shorts yet again , thanks to 2AGuy and Skull .

The murder rate has dropped since we have instituted tougher gun laws

Nope.......we now have close to 600 million guns and over 15.7 million people carrying guns.........over and above anything from the 1990s......and as those increases happened, then the crime rate went down...as more Americans started carrying and owning guns...

Your entire premise that more guns = more crime is a lie.......

As more people carried guns...

Our gun murder rate went down 49%.

our gun crime rate went down 75%.

Our violent crime rate went down 72%.

None of the laws you created stopped mass shooters or criminals from using guns......but the crime rate went down as more law abiding people could defend themselves.
Since 1990 when we instituted TOUGHER GUN LAWS the murder rate has dropped 30%

Nope.......we now have close to 600 million guns and over 15.7 million people carrying guns.........over and above anything from the 1990s......and as those increases happened, then the crime rate went down...as more Americans started carrying and owning guns...

None of the laws you created stopped mass shooters or criminals from using guns......but the crime rate went down as more law abiding people could defend themselves.

Wrong...since the criminals ignore those laws and mass public shooters obey those laws...the only real difference.....more Americans now own and carry guns....

Wrong..again.....as I just stated...the criminals ignored your gun laws...and the mass public shooters actually obeyed your gun laws to get their guns and ammo.....

Law abiding gun owners...who use guns 1,500,000 times a year to stop violent criminal attack..and that was at a time when there were only 4.7 million people carrying guns legally in the 1990s......so as we see today, as more Americans own and carry guns..our gun crime rates went down, not up....

We went from 200 million guns in private hands in the 1990s and 4.7 million people carrying guns for self defense in 1997...to close to 400-600 million guns in private hands and over 15.7 million people carrying guns for self defense in 2017...guess what happened...

-- gun murder down 49%
--gun crime down 75%
--violent crime down 72%

Gun Homicide Rate Down 49% Since 1993 Peak; Public Unaware

Compared with 1993, the peak of U.S. gun homicides, the firearm homicide rate was 49% lower in 2010, and there were fewer deaths, even though the nation’s population grew. The victimization rate for other violent crimes with a firearm—assaults, robberies and sex crimes—was 75% lower in 2011 than in 1993. Violent non-fatal crime victimization overall (with or without a firearm) also is down markedly (72%) over two decades.

Blr1ISRCEAAPPyZ.jpg

Then don't have kids... or at least keep them the hell out of my yard. Making sure they don't try to mug me might be a good idea too

Wrong...since the criminals ignore those laws and mass public shooters obey those laws...the only real difference.....more Americans now own and carry guns....
---------------------------------------------------------------------- ---------- more Americans now own and carry guns :afro: . Yep , and thats the plan as we grow the gun culture and attrct more women and other groups .

I'll never understand why gun nuts don't care about children being shot. Bring up safety for children and start in about cars and swimming pools or, even worse is what 2aguy says about how many children are killed.

He seems to say that its not enough kids to warrant action. My question is, how children is too many?

Oh yeah, and then the anti-abortion nutters who value fetuses but not children.

Whatever the reasoning, these jerks always believe the answer is more and more guns.
So when are you Libs going to start with the murders in Chicago ?

As usual, lazy :rolleyes:RWNJs think everything is up to others (libs) to fix.

Oh we can easily fix the ghetto murder rate.
Unfortunately dems dont want to fix the problem.

So you shouldnt have a problem listing those laws and how they reduced gun crimes.

Yep......we have a lot of guns...and our gun murder rate went down 49%

our gun violence rate went down 75%....

our violent crime rate went down 72%....

And we went from 200 million guns in the 1990s to between 412-600 million guns....

New Study Shows How Many Legal Guns in America... It's a LOT

At this point we have a reasonable and very conservative, very low estimate of 329 million new firearms to the US market 1999-2016. The question becomes one of estimating how many firearms were made and imported in the period from the invention of modern metallic cartridge, smokeless powder ammunition from, say, 1899 to 1998 — and how many of those survive as practical, usable firearms.

Absent a better idea, we can say that the US inventory of firearms is almost certainly between412 and 660 million, not the lower numbers recently trumpeted in the media.
Have you mentioned this to Jeff Sessions?

Experts dispute Jeff Sessions claim that crime rise is 'permanent trend'

“We have a crime problem,” Sessions told reporters in the Oval Office. “I wish the rise that we’re seeing in crime in America today were some sort of aberration or a blip. My best judgment, having been involved in criminal law enforcement for many years, is that this is a dangerous permanent trend that places the health and safety of the American people at risk.”

The fact that there is gang violence in Chicago doesn't nullify a discussion. Stop it.

But it is an illustration of how correct gun lovers are when they say that if you make guns illegal only criminals will have guns, and that dont help nuttin'!

see ALL the guns being carried to protect the current and former Presidents of the USA . Look at the new law proposed to allow 'congressmen' to carry guns. Look at all the cops that carry guns . Anyway , its a RIGHT for Americans to have guns to protect themselves and for other purposes Luddley .

Which also has nothing to do with the conversation. Not staying but I'll say it again -

I own guns, have always owned guns, will always own guns. They do not own me and I'm not afraid to leave my home without a gun.

The nutters blame President Obama for their own parroting of the lies from the lobbyist NRA. The same nutters lie, saying that President Obama was coming for their guns when he actually loosened gun laws. The only ones whining about "gun grabbing" are the nutters themselves. The only reason for repeating that lie is to get the gullible dupes to buy more guns.

The drama queen OP is here every day, spamming and yammering. A couple of days ago he actually posted he had seen two teenagers steal two packs of beer and he didn't shoot them.

WTF is wrong with people that they actually believe two cartons of beer are worth more than a human life? Especially since they're the first ones to say they're "pro-life".

The shooting of Trayvon Martin was for no reason and you know it. He was stalked and chased and gunned down by an unemployed gun nutter who wouldn't work before he murdered Trayvon and has effectively ended his own life. Even if gz were not a lazy bum, he will never live a normal life of a job and family and, though you would blame others, he made the choices that put him where he is now.

My posts are almost always geared to making the world a safer place for children. Gun nutters don't don't care. If they did, they would demand the necessary safety measures be required for all. Instead, they want to arm kids,s younger and younger.

Finally, if you have never ended a human life, you have no idea how horrible it really is. I know from experience that being "right" is of no comfort.

who wants to arm kids?

No one I know.

And tell me how is saying I can't own an average ordinary everyday semiautomatic rifle because it's black and has some cosmetic doodads on it that make it look scary going to save the lives of any kids in this country?
Cosmetic doodads that enable you to pop off 30 rounds in under 10 seconds, and load another magazine in less than 2 seconds. Very good for emptying grade school rooms, crowded movie theaters, and crowded malls.

And it is people like you that are arming the kids on the streets. Where the hell do you think they get the guns. You assholes buy them, find yourselves needing a bit of money, and sell them to whomever has the money. That is where the kids are getting the guns.

No...that is an innacurate statement......the majority of those "children" are actual career criminals involved in violent gang and drug activity....the actual children....are few and far between...but thanks for lying....
Liar.

A lot more kids killed in gun accidents than gov't says, study finds

The Associated Press and the USA TODAY Network set out to determine just how many others there have been.

Play VIDEO
An American tragedy

The findings: During the first six months of this year, minors died from accidental shootings - at their own hands, or at the hands of other children or adults - at a pace of one every other day, far more than limited federal statistics indicate.

Tragedies like the death of Bryson Mees-Hernandez play out repeatedly across the country. Curious toddlers find unsecured, loaded handguns in their homes and vehicles, and fatally shoot themselves and others. Teenagers, often showing off guns to their friends and siblings, end up shooting them instead.

Using information collected by the Gun Violence Archive, a nonpartisan research group, news reports and public sources, the media outlets spent six months analyzing the circumstances of every death and injury from accidental shootings involving children ages 17 and younger from Jan. 1, 2014, to June 30 of this year - more than 1,000 incidents in all.

Among the findings:

• Deaths and injuries spike for children under 5, with 3-year-olds the most common shooters and victims among young children.
  • Accidental shootings spike again for ages 15-17, when victims are most often fatally shot by other children but typically survive self-inflicted gunshots.
  • States in the South are among those with the highest per capita rates of accidental shootings involving minors.

who wants to arm kids?

No one I know.

And tell me how is saying I can't own an average ordinary everyday semiautomatic rifle because it's black and has some cosmetic doodads on it that make it look scary going to save the lives of any kids in this country?
Cosmetic doodads that enable you to pop off 30 rounds in under 10 seconds, and load another magazine in less than 2 seconds. Very good for emptying grade school rooms, crowded movie theaters, and crowded malls.

And it is people like you that are arming the kids on the streets. Where the hell do you think they get the guns. You assholes buy them, find yourselves needing a bit of money, and sell them to whomever has the money. That is where the kids are getting the guns.
------------------------------------ punks get the guns through robbery and burglary the minute they enter a locked door to a home or break into a car and then steal the guns that are legally stored there OldRocks .

Yeah that's working like a charm in Chicago.

If they ever do institute tough gun laws, we would see a change.

I have no clue why RWNJs think they already have. In truth, there may be a law on your side of the street but not on the other. Walk across the street, buy a gun, go back and blow someone away. How is that "tough gun laws"?

Okay dumb ass.....what are these tougher gun laws that you want...please...list them, then actually explain how they work to lower the gun crime rate...so far you can't..since every time you bring this up we show how they don't work.....but try again....you might fool some more people...
Easy.

A child is shot in your home with an unsecured gun, you criminal, as in felony, negligence charges. The child dies and you face automatic negligent homicide charges.

A two month waiting period for the purchase of a gun. You apply, are checked out, and if you are not mentally unstable, or a criminal, in two months you can purchase the gun if you still want to.

No war guns sold to anyone that does not have a permit to own a fully automatic gun. The AK and AR and similiar guns are war weapons, not game rifles.

If you have an unsecured gun in your home, and it is stolen, and a crime committed with it, you own that crime.

Now, you are going to scream like a gut shot rabbit at this, but it is really a far lesser list than will eventually be passed because of fruitloops like you.

who wants to arm kids?

No one I know.

------------------------------------ punks get the guns through robbery and burglary the minute they enter a locked door to a home or break into a car and then steal the guns that are legally stored there OldRocks .
I see. Those punks are built like the Hulk, and carry the gun safe out, correct? In todays society, you have guns, you need a gun safe.

Forum List

Back