There are between 412-600 million guns in the U.S....and our gun murder rate went down, not up...

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
Yep......we have a lot of guns...and our gun murder rate went down 49%

our gun violence rate went down 75%....

our violent crime rate went down 72%....

And we went from 200 million guns in the 1990s to between 412-600 million guns....

New Study Shows How Many Legal Guns in America... It's a LOT

At this point we have a reasonable and very conservative, very low estimate of 329 million new firearms to the US market 1999-2016. The question becomes one of estimating how many firearms were made and imported in the period from the invention of modern metallic cartridge, smokeless powder ammunition from, say, 1899 to 1998 — and how many of those survive as practical, usable firearms.

Absent a better idea, we can say that the US inventory of firearms is almost certainly between412 and 660 million, not the lower numbers recently trumpeted in the media.

636340537519829138-062617asheville-child-gun-deaths.jpg

The murder rate has dropped since we have instituted tougher gun laws

I'll never understand why gun nuts don't care about children being shot. Bring up safety for children and start in about cars and swimming pools or, even worse is what 2aguy says about how many children are killed.

He seems to say that its not enough kids to warrant action. My question is, how children is too many?

Oh yeah, and then the anti-abortion nutters who value fetuses but not children.

Whatever the reasoning, these jerks always believe the answer is more and more guns.

--------------------------------------------------- is that you Mrs. Martin because you sound exactly like 'trayvon martins ' mother . She being the mother of a young thug that was shot to death after he , the young thug attacked George Zimmerman RWinger or Mrs. Martin .

I'll never understand why gun nuts don't care about children being shot. Bring up safety for children and start in about cars and swimming pools or, even worse is what 2aguy says about how many children are killed.

He seems to say that its not enough kids to warrant action. My question is, how children is too many?

Whatever the reasoning, these jerks always believe the answer is more and more guns.
So when are you Libs going to start with the murders in Chicago ?

The murder rate has dropped since we have instituted tougher gun laws
Yeah that's working like a charm in Chicago.

If they ever do institute tough gun laws, we would see a change.

I have no clue why RWNJs think they already have. In truth, there may be a law on your side of the street but not on the other. Walk across the street, buy a gun, go back and blow someone away. How is that "tough gun laws"?

--------------------------------------------- guns are very much needed in a civil society as they help to keep violence and thugs at bay . God made Man but Sam Colt made all men and women equal with his version of the GUN ------------ But in 2014 [about] and Without his gun , George Zimmerman might have been beat to death by young thug 'trayvon martin' a few years ago Luddley !!

As usual, lazy :rolleyes:RWNJs think everything is up to others (libs) to fix.

--------------------------------------------- guns are very much needed in a civil society as they help to keep violence and thugs at bay . God made Man but Sam Colt made all men and women equal with his version of the GUN ------------ And Without his gun , George Zimmerman might have been beat to death by young thug 'trayvon martin' a few years ago Luddley !!

No, they're not.

You always sound like you're about 12 years old.

Have a nice day, sonny boy.

The fact that there is gang violence in Chicago doesn't nullify a discussion. Stop it.

see ALL the guns being carried to protect the current and former Presidents of the USA . Look at the new law proposed to allow 'congressmen' to carry guns. Look at all the cops that carry guns . Anyway , its a RIGHT for Americans to have guns to protect themselves and for other purposes Luddley .

Last edited:
--------------------------------------------------- is that you Mrs. Martin because you sound exactly like 'trayvon martins ' mother . She being the mother of a young thug that was shot to death after he , the young thug attacked George Zimmerman RWinger or Mrs. Martin .

Good example of the abuse of a personal firearm to murder children who were minding their own business

As usual, lazy :rolleyes:RWNJs think everything is up to others (libs) to fix.
Democrats have ruled Chicago for over 60 years you can't blame that cess pit on Republicans.

Good example of the abuse of a personal firearm to murder children who were minding their own business
----------------------------------------------------------- george zimmerman went to trial , i think that your reasoning was rejected and George Zimmerman came out the winner didn't he RWinger !!

----------------------------------------------------------- george zimmerman went to trial , i think that your reasoning was rejected and George Zimmerman came out the winner didn't he RWinger !!

He was found not guilty....doesn't prove Travon Martin was guilty
Zimmerman has proven he is less than an ideal citizen while Travon had a perfect record

Forum List

Back