Zone1 Theory About Conspiracies

Status
Not open for further replies.
The interesting thing about conspiracy theories is that not all of them are false! Sometimes conspiracies are very very real (or true). Yet threads put in Conspiracy Theories are assumed nutjob threads.

I've seen some topics in Conspiracy Theories that I wondered why they were there? The OP brought up a very FACTUAL topic. No one had an answer.

So I just did a count: of the 46 threads I counted on Page One,

41 of them were Right-Leaning. (89%)

Only 5 of them were Left-Leaning. (11%)

Yet there is never any attempt to justify nor explain their being there. Shouldn't the mod post a link to some proof the topic is Coco Puffs?

So all that leaves us with are two guesses:
  1. Everyone on the Right are crackers, ready for the padded cell, while people on the Left are well-grounded in reality. I'm sure democrats would just love to believe and accept that!
  2. There is a political bias by whomever is targeting Right-leaning threads unfairly putting them in Conspiracies so as to hope to bury them.
If a thread is moved to Conspiracies against the OPs wishes, shouldn't it be accompanied by some proof from the mod showing how or why the topic is so crackers it had to be put there?

Your stats dont mean much because there's NOTHING partisan that determines what goes there. It's based on the policy of

IF IN DOUBT -- LET the MEMBERS sort it OUT. ----- USUALLY!!!!!

HOWEVER -- some things are patently obvious like MOST links to INFOWARS or "totally personal" theories that have no investigative aspect to them -- just a "hunch"..

REALLY WEAK or ambiguous sourcing is a problem if you're looking at video and the "source" link is JUST SPECULATING. Why fight over EVERYTHING -- when there's so much REAL stuff to fight about??

How about you LIST 3 or 5 and let EVERYONE see what you're complaining about here? THAT would be useful than a "lefty/righty" random stat.

The interesting thing about conspiracy theories is that not all of them are false! Sometimes conspiracies are very very real (or true). Yet threads put in Conspiracy Theories are assumed nutjob threads.

I've seen some topics in Conspiracy Theories that I wondered why they were there? The OP brought up a very FACTUAL topic. No one had an answer.

So I just did a count: of the 46 threads I counted on Page One,

41 of them were Right-Leaning. (89%)

Only 5 of them were Left-Leaning. (11%)

Yet there is never any attempt to justify nor explain their being there. Shouldn't the mod post a link to some proof the topic is Coco Puffs?

So all that leaves us with are two guesses:
  1. Everyone on the Right are crackers, ready for the padded cell, while people on the Left are well-grounded in reality. I'm sure democrats would just love to believe and accept that!
  2. There is a political bias by whomever is targeting Right-leaning threads unfairly putting them in Conspiracies so as to hope to bury them.
If a thread is moved to Conspiracies against the OPs wishes, shouldn't it be accompanied by some proof from the mod showing how or why the topic is so crackers it had to be put there?
The time frame between "conspiracy theory" and today's headline has been compressed to a few months.

So shitflinger and the other fascist democrats are questioning my claim that most right wing threads in Conspiracy Theories are not actually conspiracy theories at all.

Lets look:

About the Stolen Election - obviously a contentious subject, but a conspiracy theory? Hardly. What?

Fraternities and Freemasons -​

What? Nothing to do with conspiracy

Breaking! Biden is now bringing in illegal aliens by boat from ports in Central America -​

Proven, documented fact - by definition the opposite of conspiracy theories.

I was recruited by Ray Epps -​

Links a news story recounting the statement of one of the political prisoners being held in the gulag.

11 years ago today junk scientist Al Gore predicted north pole would be completely ice free in 5 yrs

How is stating facts a "CT?"

You're pulling titles from up to four years ago. Like the Al Gore one on the polar ice cap. THAT ONE was posted by NOW PERM BANNED member Mindwars -- remember that poster? Was likely getting paid by Alex Jones himself to pull 5 or 8 Infowars threads a DAY onto USMB. This one had GatewayPundit link and it shows NO MODERATION ACTIONS and it's from 2019...

IT SHOWS IT was SPAWNED in Conspiracy theories and is STILL THERE. That's because we told Inforwars to KEEP THEIR SHIT in the conspiracy forum and a REAL conspiracy person HAS NO CLUE what's real or imagined.

There IS ONE in this list that has to be fixed.
A thread I was IN -- before it got deep sixed to Conspiracy on Thursday. That is the "I was Recruited by Ray Epps" thread. And the sourcing for that one WAS NOT weak or sketchy. It was also NOT mod staff policy to MOVE threads after they "mature".

I'll look at some others in the list while I read this thread.

Odd that the only disagreement I've gotten here is from an ex-mod who changed his name after being ex-moddified! But he offers no reason here for the disagreement.

People who disagree while not willing to back up the reason for their disagreement are thereby DISCOUNTED.

Who might that be? I dont see one on posts above...

Basically, it boils down to a case of Coyote doing whatever Coyote wants. All the other mods know this, but all they do is support the corruption.

With this in mind, there are really only two possibilities. Either they are taking part in the corruption willingly, and so are corrupt, themselves, or they CAN'T do anything about the corruption which begs the question of who ultimately controls this site.

Nine moderators. Including the ones who have gone thru "orientation" over the years and YOU are POSITIVE that's the explanation for bad moves to Conspiracies....

OK -- do you read palms also?

I believe (after seeing some of the sloppy pleadings filed by the Kraken attorney) that some of the dismissals were perfectly appropriate. Some, imho, were not appropriate at all. And I can’t find any that led to actual evidentiary hearings.

That’s the big problem. We can’t know what the evidence might have shown. Arguably, not too much. But, possibly, some pretty important and disconcerting things.

How'd ya like the story about US military conducting a HOT FIRE RAID on a facility in Germany associated with cyber rigging the 2020 election? Now THERE WAS a story just WAITING to go to the Conspiracy forum. And about 3 or 5 thread did JUST THAT...

It's NOT that hard to draw SOME KIND of line on PROOF of allegations. And the "tell" generally is -- which "sources" are PUSHING the current event and how much veracity their "proof" has.

Your stats dont mean much because there's NOTHING partisan that determines what goes there. It's based on the policy of
Pretty hard to believe when 90% of the posts are all right leaning there and I've seen threads in there where for the life of me, I could not find anything in the OP that would justify calling anything a "conspiracy" yet pretty often DO see wild left-leaning baseless threads NOT go into Conspiracies that should have, so offhand, I'd say that if you BELIEVE there isn't partisanship going on then you better go back and look at the rules and actual actions AGAIN closer.

HOWEVER -- some things are patently obvious like MOST links to INFOWARS
Who ever links to Infowars?

How about you LIST 3 or 5 and let EVERYONE see what you're complaining about here?
What the hell are you talking about?

Pretty hard to believe when 90% of the posts are all right leaning there and I've seen threads in there where for the life of me, I could not find anything in the OP that would justify calling anything a "conspiracy" yet pretty often DO see wild left-leaning baseless threads NOT go into Conspiracies that should have, so offhand, I'd say that if you BELIEVE there isn't partisanship going on then you better go back and look at the rules and actual actions AGAIN closer.

Who ever links to Infowars?

What the hell are you talking about?

THe "hell" I'm talking about is YOU LISTING specific examples of threads that SHOULD NOT be conspiracy forum. Was I too obtuse?

THe "hell" I'm talking about is YOU LISTING specific examples of threads that SHOULD NOT be conspiracy forum. Was I too obtuse?

No, I asked what the 3 and 5 you mentioned was referring to. And no, sorry, I have better things to do than go through 50 Conspiracy threads to list the ones I personally don't think belong there, that's not my job , nor would it prove anything. The point of this thread was just to point out that as far as the first page goes, 9 out of 10 threads on it are all right-leaning which is a statistical impossibility in a truly unbiased system, so, if you want to do anything, point out another page in Conspiracies that is 90% LEFT leaning!

I've personally moved a bunch of Covid threads to Conspiracy during those days. USUALLY because the poster or a "source" was BADLY misinterpreting a study OR because it got sourced ONLY in the rabid "anti-vax" sites which were anti-vax before COVID and KNOWN to be unreliable.

Like every site the RFK Jr. runs.

No, I asked what the 3 and 5 you mentioned was referring to. And no, sorry, I have better things to do than go through 50 Conspiracy threads to list the ones I personally don't think belong there, that's not my job , nor would it prove anything. The point of this thread was just to point out that as far as the first page goes, 9 out of 10 threads on it are all right-leaning which is a statistical impossibility in a truly unbiased system, so, if you want to do anything, point out another page in Conspiracies that is 90% LEFT leaning!

You had time to compile a not so useful factoid about "leanings" of the posters. I can't help you with that. Dont know or care about your methodology for figuring all that out since it's really not a factor in USMB moderation decisions on forum moves.

But I CAN act and fix stuff if people point to specific examples.

As in WillHaftawaite? He's NEVER been "disgraced" and never been SEEN in this thread.
What the hell -- YOU talking about?

Flacc, you seem to have a reading problem, probably from jumping around threads too much. I never said he was disgraced and I never said he was seen in this thread. I said he was the one person here who as soon as I started this thread jumped in and was the only one to give me a DISAGREE on the purport of the thread, but apparently wasn't interested in actually posting his reason WHY he disagreed!

Curious stat that so many members here AGREE with my observations and questions and possible feeling that many threads have been unreasonably moved around to Conspiracies or the Rubber Room, etc., except one ex-mod not willing to back up his claim. Like the election fraud topic, it would be a lot more useful if people would EXPLAIN their evidence that the fraud claims are baseless or the impression of partisanship her is baseless rather than just SAYING it is baseless! Now, maybe your rules and moderations AREN'T partisan at all as you say and my findings are purely coincidental, in that case then as a mod, I'd be concerned that your impartial rules are /leaving/ so many members with the impression that they were!

After all, the entire POINT of this forum is to give feedback here--- --- hardly helpful then if when people GIVE feedback, they just get ignored, laughed at and told they are wrong! But as always, at least thanks for being the one person here at least willing to really ADDRESS the questions and try to give cogent answers!

I've personally moved a bunch of Covid threads to Conspiracy during those days. USUALLY because the poster or a "source" was BADLY misinterpreting a study OR because it got sourced ONLY in the rabid "anti-vax" sites which were anti-vax before COVID and KNOWN to be unreliable.

Thanks, that is useful.

But I just read earlier today that Earth’s days are getting longer!!

They only seem that way ...

bored-with-books.jpg

You had time to compile a not so useful factoid about "leanings" of the posters. I can't help you with that. Dont know or care about your methodology for figuring all that out since it's really not a factor in USMB moderation decisions on forum moves.

But I CAN act and fix stuff if people point to specific examples.

Thanks, maybe some other day when I have time for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back