The youth: Is 18 to young to buy a gun?

What about military service?
I don't think they want you...But you can try to join to get a free rifle or sidearm...no ammo though...

They should put a deposit on ammo. After getting a box when you buy the gun, you have to bring the empties back before getting more, or there's a $20 per bullet refundable deposit. Let's see people try to stock up on thousands of rounds of ammunition that way

I feel for the kids, but honestly they don't really know what they are talking about. They don't understand. They are naive and trusting kids, who trust their government to keep them safe.

I think they asked simple questions...

Why doesn't this happen in other countries at such frequency?
Why does the government continually let this happen without any reaction?
Is the inaction of some representatives in fear of the NRA?

They are not setting policy just asking tough questions.

The government doesn't "let" this happen. That you think in this way is just a small part of the big picture here.

These are government properties, and the crime happens on those properties..

There are some very common sense laws that could make gun ownership safer and easier... More computerisation for one is a good example, the ATF by law has to keep only paper records, Dicky amendment of no federal money invested in gun violence, bump stocks, universal background checks....

Simple stuff... That is the inaction I am talking about, when nothing was done after Sandy Hook, was that good enough? Seriously....

You and people like you NEED to learn that your government is not going to be able to keep you safe. Your safety lies on your own self.

I don't have any problems with modernizing an old system though. However, these are issues that should be left up to individual states and how much do they feel is worth putting into this type of endeavor. This is not under the jurisdiction of the feds.

Under that premise everyone has to been armed all the time... Where is the right to be not armed and still be safe?

We are talking about a school full of adolescent kids... Do you see it that there has to be armed protection at all times?

People have a right to feel safe with out a gun in there hand.. Europe has this..

So these kids would have to carry a gun to school because 'Your safety lies on your own self. '....

There is no such right. That is why the police show up AFTER a crime to sort it out and punish the bad guy. By that time, it is too late for you or your loved ones. Why do you want to put such an important thing (your own safety) in the government's hands? Are you really this complacent with the government?

What about military service?
I don't think they want you...But you can try to join to get a free rifle or sidearm...no ammo though...

They should put a deposit on ammo. After getting a box when you buy the gun, you have to bring the empties back before getting more, or there's a $20 per bullet refundable deposit. Let's see people try to stock up on thousands of rounds of ammunition that way
Heil Hitler!

It's like you are telling me that I have no right to defend myself because some loon shot up a school, and I have to rely on the government to come and rescue me if I am in a bad situation? How can you NOT see that as a TOTAL VIOLATION of a natural human right? All of you who want to remain defenseless, by all means, go ahead. You cannot force other people to join you.

Well, everyone here must know by now that I am an unabashed 2nd amendment supporter. However, I do not have any issues with this law. I think the age of everything should be raised to 21 at least though. It's pretty easy to see how immature and thoughtless a lot of teens can be on a regular basis.

Voting and military service to? And how about all the accountability laws? Do we raise all that to? Make 18 year olds minors until 21? If so, why is it an issue now when it never was?

It's like you are telling me that I have no right to defend myself because some loon shot up a school, and I have to rely on the government to come and rescue me if I am in a bad situation? How can you NOT see that as a TOTAL VIOLATION of a natural human right? All of you who want to remain defenseless, by all means, go ahead. You cannot force other people to join you.

As long as one is over 18?

I heard a really good one today on the Morning Answer 560 WIND in Chicago from a text they received from a listener. Why should we genuflect to the young?

I quote, "If you don't want someone 18 years old to have guns or drive, why would you want a 16 or 17 year old to set public policy?

1:13:05 on the podcast for 3/12/2018.

This dude nailed it!!!!

Where is a '16 or 17 year old to set public policy'?
on every MSM network.

Let me break the news to you. Politicians set policy....
The 16 or 17 year olds are questioning that policy, which if I remeber properly they are fully entitled to do...

Why do you want to silence young people entering public discussion... How many kids have been killed by public discussion...

Of course they're entitled...they feel they're entitled to just about everything.

18 years old is still a child today. All you have to do is observe a group of 18-year-old boys (and I emphasize BOYS) and it is clear.

In the past (WAY in the past), we didn't have secondary educations and things like that. People got married and went off and made their livings or they stayed living in their family household with their extended families.

Well, sorry, but this is the year 2018 and things have changed a LOT since those days. Kids don't have to grow up fast anymore due to technological and other advances, as well as them remaining in school and under the care of parents for a longer time. Stop living in the past and accept that kids are different today than they were in the 1940s when some of you were young. :D

18 years old is still a child today. All you have to do is observe a group of 18-year-old boys (and I emphasize BOYS) and it is clear.

Yet, before my youngest son was 19 he at times had a 2,000 lb bomb at his disposal. Is that sane? He could at a whim have a small town reduced to rubble with a simple radio request. He could call Apache attack heli’s in and have them destroy what ever needs destroying. We give them that responcibility yet we can let them go buy an AR 15, or a bolt action deer rifle? He can have hell fire missiles shot into some haji turds lap, but can’t but a Glock?

I heard a really good one today on the Morning Answer 560 WIND in Chicago from a text they received from a listener. Why should we genuflect to the young?

I quote, "If you don't want someone 18 years old to have guns or drive, why would you want a 16 or 17 year old to set public policy?

1:13:05 on the podcast for 3/12/2018.

This dude nailed it!!!!

Or vote! Don't we only want mature adults voting? Maybe it's time to resend the 26th Amendment because we're raising a bunch of irresponsible assholes.

Yet, before my youngest son was 19 he at times had a 2,000 lb bomb at his disposal. Is that sane? He could at a whim have a small town reduced to rubble with a simple radio request. He could call Apache attack heli’s in and have them destroy what ever needs destroying. We give them that responcibility yet we can let them go buy an AR 15, or a bolt action deer rifle? He can have hell fire missiles shot into some haji turds lap, but can’t but a Glock?

I'm glad you brought that up. The military goes after 17 and 18 year old boys for a darn good REASON. They KNOW what I am saying is the truth. These are boys who are full of piss and vinegar (otherwise known as testosterone!). They have, for the most part, pretty much no fear of what MIGHT happen to them. It's pretty obvious.

I'm glad you brought that up. The military goes after 17 and 18 year old boys for a darn good REASON. They KNOW what I am saying is the truth. These are boys who are full of piss and vinegar (otherwise known as testosterone!). They have, for the most part, pretty much no fear of what MIGHT happen to them. It's pretty obvious.

Oooooh, I understand. Immature testosterone addled males can go have guns and weapons in a third world shithole where they can have their arms and legs blown off, but we can’t let them buy a Remington 700 here? As long as they are over seas they are adults?

Forum List

Back