The youth: Is 18 to young to buy a gun?

I feel for the kids, but honestly they don't really know what they are talking about. They don't understand. They are naive and trusting kids, who trust their government to keep them safe.

I think they asked simple questions...

Why doesn't this happen in other countries at such frequency?
Why does the government continually let this happen without any reaction?
Is the inaction of some representatives in fear of the NRA?

They are not setting policy just asking tough questions.

The government doesn't "let" this happen. That you think in this way is just a small part of the big picture here.

These are government properties, and the crime happens on those properties..

There are some very common sense laws that could make gun ownership safer and easier... More computerisation for one is a good example, the ATF by law has to keep only paper records, Dicky amendment of no federal money invested in gun violence, bump stocks, universal background checks....

Simple stuff... That is the inaction I am talking about, when nothing was done after Sandy Hook, was that good enough? Seriously....

I feel for the kids, but honestly they don't really know what they are talking about. They don't understand. They are naive and trusting kids, who trust their government to keep them safe.

The government doesn't "let" this happen. That you think in this way is just a small part of the big picture here.

There are some very common sense laws that could make gun ownership safer and easier... More computerisation for one is a good example, the ATF by law has to keep only paper records, Dicky amendment of no federal money invested in gun violence, bump stocks, universal background checks....

Simple stuff... That is the inaction I am talking about, when nothing was done after Sandy Hook, was that good enough? Seriously....
Notice how none of these "patriots" can ever lay out what these "common sense" gun laws are? As far as age limit, well, I just don't know. What I do know is that laws do not seem to stop people determined to kill someone.

You and people like you NEED to learn that your government is not going to be able to keep you safe. Your safety lies on your own self.

I don't have any problems with modernizing an old system though. However, these are issues that should be left up to individual states and how much do they feel is worth putting into this type of endeavor. This is not under the jurisdiction of the feds.

Well, everyone here must know by now that I am an unabashed 2nd amendment supporter. However, I do not have any issues with this law. I think the age of everything should be raised to 21 at least though. It's pretty easy to see how immature and thoughtless a lot of teens can be on a regular basis.
so you think an immature person should set policy?

Absolutely not. Is that what I said? I said the age of EVERYTHING should be over 21, IMO.
so it should be 21 for the military as well?

Actually a lot of first world armies don't send under 21s into combat situations.

Well, everyone here must know by now that I am an unabashed 2nd amendment supporter. However, I do not have any issues with this law. I think the age of everything should be raised to 21 at least though. It's pretty easy to see how immature and thoughtless a lot of teens can be on a regular basis.
so you think an immature person should set policy?

Absolutely not. Is that what I said? I said the age of EVERYTHING should be over 21, IMO.
so it should be 21 for the military as well?

Actually a lot of first world armies don't send under 21s into combat situations.

Besides the USA, who has a "first world army"?

I think 18 is too young to vote.

That's your opinion and you are entitled to have it.

There was also a time when women where to emotional to vote and black people were too stupid to vote as well...
Many of them still are too stupid to vote.

That is your opinion... People could think you are too stupid to vote as well... That's how disenfranchising works...
Still...no comment on your so called sensible gun laws. lol

some 18 year old's arent responsible enough to own a q-tip - some are capable of gun ownership ..

the age of 21 is a right of passage - 18.. mot so much.

You and people like you NEED to learn that your government is not going to be able to keep you safe. Your safety lies on your own self.

I don't have any problems with modernizing an old system though. However, these are issues that should be left up to individual states and how much do they feel is worth putting into this type of endeavor. This is not under the jurisdiction of the feds.

Under that premise everyone has to been armed all the time... Where is the right to be not armed and still be safe?

We are talking about a school full of adolescent kids... Do you see it that there has to be armed protection at all times?

People have a right to feel safe with out a gun in there hand.. Europe has this..

So these kids would have to carry a gun to school because 'Your safety lies on your own self. '....

I think 16 is okay with supervision and a safety course...

When I was a kid, 16 was when you achieved the age of not-requiring supervision. But the NRA Safety course was mandated by the State until 21.
When I was growing up there was no age limit and no NRA...You were taught to hunt and finish pelts, make handcrafts and leather goods...
I hung out with an uncle that is a Delaware injun...

There was also a time when women where to emotional to vote and black people were too stupid to vote as well...

That is your opinion... People could think you are too stupid to vote as well... That's how disenfranchising works...

Actually that is a comment...

Actually that is a comment...
Classic regressive fascist double speak. So what are these gun laws? Hmmm? Cat got your tongue?

IMO, in the past, 18 was old enough, it seems maturity is not reached as quickly these days. I agree with ChrisL, raise the age of everything to 21.

Yes, that includes voting and military service.

Why not make it a tiered licensing requirement. That you have to be 18 years old to drink, 18 years old to drive, 18 years old to buy a gun. But not all at the same time. You have to chose only one. Then when you turn 21, you can add a second option, and by the time you turn 25, you can have all three.

This way you have to be at least 21 to be a drunk driver, by which point you've either been drinking or driving for three years.

Forum List

Back