The Worst Way To Die?

1596682948909.png

*****CHUCKLE*****

:)

Since human mortality seems to be the theme of 2020, I've been giving thought to the worst way possible to die. Not just the worst way, but the way that induces the most dread. For example, dying in the Sarlaac (from Star Wars) would be an extremely horrible way to die, being digested over 1,000 years. On the other hand, because it is extremely unlikely to happen, it's not going to be worrisome to anyone who isn't a galactic bounty hunter with a jet pack.

Statistically, human beings have a 98% chance of dying at some point in their lifespan (+/- 2% margin of error) so this is a topic which should interest most of us.

I purposely chose not to include a poll because it would limit types of deaths into specific categories such as 'gruesome', 'lonely', painful', 'embarrassing', etc. The manner of death you describe should be that which fills you with the most dread. For some, that might be a death by COVID (very topical). For others, being snuffed out with the remainder of life on Earth by a gamma ray burst from a distant star.

I'll start it out with what I consider a particularly terrible way to die...

"Dying of a slow and painful cancer (such as bone or rectal), in a cut-rate nursing home, with dementia and your family never visit."

Taxed to death???

Since human mortality seems to be the theme of 2020, I've been giving thought to the worst way possible to die. Not just the worst way, but the way that induces the most dread. For example, dying in the Sarlaac (from Star Wars) would be an extremely horrible way to die, being digested over 1,000 years. On the other hand, because it is extremely unlikely to happen, it's not going to be worrisome to anyone who isn't a galactic bounty hunter with a jet pack.

Statistically, human beings have a 98% chance of dying at some point in their lifespan (+/- 2% margin of error) so this is a topic which should interest most of us.

I purposely chose not to include a poll because it would limit types of deaths into specific categories such as 'gruesome', 'lonely', painful', 'embarrassing', etc. The manner of death you describe should be that which fills you with the most dread. For some, that might be a death by COVID (very topical). For others, being snuffed out with the remainder of life on Earth by a gamma ray burst from a distant star.

"Dying of a slow and painful cancer (such as bone or rectal), in a cut-rate nursing home, with dementia and your family never visit."

Taxed to death???

That is probably the most common form of death. It's the only form of death that continues AFTER you're dead.

Taxed to death???

That is probably the most common form of death. It's the only form of death that continues AFTER you're dead.
Why you talking this way? people love you here

Taxed to death???

1596683367163.png

It probably needs to be taxed.

*****CHUCKLE*****

Waking up in a coffin, buried alive. Scared the crap out of me ever since reading Poe, as a child.

Taxed to death???

Talking which way? About death? Death and Birth are arguably the most shared human experiences. Writers like Chekhov and Tolstoy talked about it endlessly.

Taxed to death???

Talking which way? About death? Death and Birth are arguably the most shared human experiences. Writers like Chekhov and Tolstoy talked about it endlessly.
What's the point, it's not how you die ,it's how you live

Taxed to death???

If how we die isn't relevant, why do we (humans) spend so much time thinking about it?

Death and disease account for about 25% of all the content on this site.

Taxed to death???

If how we die isn't relevant, why do we (humans) spend so much time thinking about it?

Death and disease account for about 25% of all the content on this site.
1596684184413.png

*****SMILE*****

Waking up in a coffin, buried alive. Scared the crap out of me ever since reading Poe, as a child.
Punch your way out, like in Kill Bill.
They did do a good job of showing her fear when they were shoveling in the dirt, then all goes quiet...
Bride-escapes-grave3.jpg

When I was an advisor in a Vietnamese battalion in 1970, I had an ARVN radio operator. One morning at daylight I woke him up to go on a patrol. I bent down and shook his foot and he woke up and slapped at his face and I saw a spider on his neck and when he went to brush it off it bit him. He immediately went into a panic and started screaming and howling. I picked him up and ran with him to the medic's location. The medic gave him a shot of something and put him out. I called for a MedEvac and it came 20 minutes later and hauled him out. An hour later the MedEvac called me and asked the time of the spider bite. I told him 0545 and he told me the soldier had died at 0640, just 55 minutes after the bite. The battalion commander told me it was policy to give a spider bite victim a knockout shot because there was no antidote.
I believe the worst way to die is to experience a bite, an injury or a poison and to know you are going to die and you can't do anything about it.

to know you are going to die and you can't do anything about it.

Essentially, we're all in that boat. But, the very short timescale does induce a sense of terror.

So far, no liberals have expressed their fear of dying of Covid?
They sure seem panicked about it in the 200 threads about it.

How about at the hands of those boogeymen, the White Supremacists?

No one? Anybody? :dunno:

The worst way for to die would be to be shot by an enraged husband at age 105. By then I wouldn't be able to run fast enough.

Forum List

Back