The Worst May Be Yet To Come! Dec. 10!

What I am complaining about, with regard to OWS, is not its rather pathetic existence (that part of it is in fact, laughable) but its propensity for violence

It has no propensity for violence. At least not yet.

Dragon,
It's not conservatives here who have repeatedly brought up analogies to the French Revolution (complete with "marching the 1% to the guillotine" in one case!). You yourself have basically said they will go violent if they don't get their way (that's an implicit threat of violence, from where I sit) and Prieus and other OWS supporters here have called for violence, without hesitation, as have some of the OWS loons in the streets!

I hope you are not going to be so dishonest as to deny this; you have been in the threads in question, and there can be little doubt here that you read those discussions, so it is not as if you don't know what has been advocated, and you most certainly know what YOU have advocated. As for the actual violence and threats by OWS sin the streets, that's well-documented and has been posted here as well.

By the way, those of you who insist on seeing Occupy as an Obama creation despite all the available facts may want to check out this video of Occupy people heckling the president at a recent speech:

NBC Politics - Obama heckled by Occupy protesters

OWS is NOT Obama's creature; it is the creature of Obama's Leftist allies (or former allies, as the case may be). I'm not sure most of the American people of the more moderate persuasion will make much of a distinction, nor should they; the original intent of some of their organizing individuals and groups was to help the democrats, though the loons promptly got out of control. A more accurate way of putting it is that both OWS and Obama are creatures of the radical Left in America; you guys basically own the empty suit, even if you are unhappy because he cannot always do your bidding and remain in office.

It is just to ironic that Obama's residence took the first bullets from the OWS.

By the way, those of you who insist on seeing Occupy as an Obama creation despite all the available facts may want to check out this video of Occupy people heckling the president at a recent speech:

NBC Politics - Obama heckled by Occupy protesters

OWS is NOT Obama's creature; it is the creature of Obama's Leftist allies (or former allies, as the case may be). I'm not sure most of the American people of the more moderate persuasion will make much of a distinction, nor should they; the original intent of some of their organizing individuals and groups was to help the democrats, though the loons promptly got out of control. A more accurate way of putting it is that both OWS and Obama are creatures of the radical Left in America; you guys basically own the empty suit, even if you are unhappy because he cannot always do your bidding and remain in office.

and the obama supporters here somehow think obama will be re-elected in 2012:lol:

OWS is NOT Obama's creature; it is the creature of Obama's Leftist allies (or former allies, as the case may be).

This is true, but I wonder if you understand which "allies" you are actually talking about.

Occupy grew out of an internet-based discussion and larger-scale movement among progressives, most of them young. It's the third phase of something that began in 2006-08. In those two elections, the young activists worked in electoral politics through the established norms, making phone calls, knocking on doors, contributing money in a very large number of small contributions, and going to the polls to vote. The result: in 2006 Democrats retook Congress, and in 2008 they widened their majority and captured the White House.

Over the next two years, as it became clear what the Democrats were going to do (and not going to do) with their overwhelming majorities, and in consequence as it became clear how the party (like the Republicans) is the bought-and-paid-for agent of corporate America, disillusion set in, and so the second phase began: on-line protest and a boycott by the left of the 2010 election, throwing it to the GOP.

This year, the same movement has begun doing what it should have been doing all along: taking it to the streets, rocking the boat, stepping outside the lines carefully drawn by the establishment to keep protests safe, non-threatening -- and incapable of provoking real change. It's clear from the aftermath of 2008 that the problem isn't just the GOP, and that electing Democrats is no solution if that's all we do. The aim now is not to elect Democrats, but to direct them to do what they were elected to do in 2008.

This movement has not been pro-Obama since late 2009, although its members will either vote for him, vote third party, or not vote -- few of them will vote Republican.

OWS is NOT Obama's creature; it is the creature of Obama's Leftist allies (or former allies, as the case may be).

This is true, but I wonder if you understand which "allies" you are actually talking about.

Occupy grew out of an internet-based discussion and larger-scale movement among progressives, most of them young. It's the third phase of something that began in 2006-08. In those two elections, the young activists worked in electoral politics through the established norms, making phone calls, knocking on doors, contributing money in a very large number of small contributions, and going to the polls to vote. The result: in 2006 Democrats retook Congress, and in 2008 they widened their majority and captured the White House.

Over the next two years, as it became clear what the Democrats were going to do (and not going to do) with their overwhelming majorities, and in consequence as it became clear how the party (like the Republicans) is the bought-and-paid-for agent of corporate America, disillusion set in, and so the second phase began: on-line protest and a boycott by the left of the 2010 election, throwing it to the GOP.

This year, the same movement has begun doing what it should have been doing all along: taking it to the streets, rocking the boat, stepping outside the lines carefully drawn by the establishment to keep protests safe, non-threatening -- and incapable of provoking real change. It's clear from the aftermath of 2008 that the problem isn't just the GOP, and that electing Democrats is no solution if that's all we do. The aim now is not to elect Democrats, but to direct them to do what they were elected to do in 2008.

This movement has not been pro-Obama since late 2009, although its members will either vote for him, vote third party, or not vote -- few of them will vote Republican.

I understand perfectly, Dragon; the democrat party just happens to be the ONLY source of real political power the Left has in America today. That party may not be radical enough for the Left, but it is the only viable political opposition to the Left's enemy, i.e. conservatism.

My goal, of course, is quite the opposite, and I don't think, I KNOW, that the surest way to relegate the Left to the outer fringe where it belongs, where it can scream out its rage in helpless impotence, is to defeat the democrat party at the polls. It's like any other disease; to keep it from spreading, we isolate and quarantine the infected, well away from the mainstream population.

I understand perfectly, Dragon; the democrat party just happens to be the ONLY source of real political power the Left has in America today. That party may not be radical enough for the Left, but it is the only viable political opposition to the Left's enemy, i.e. conservatism.

If that's the way you see it, no, you don't understand. The movement isn't as radical as you seem to think; it's very much mainstream for the most part. The problem is that on economic issues, both parties are to the right of the national center. That's due to the corrupting influence of corporate money. Thus, the main goal of Occupy is to get the money out of politics. Once that's done, everything else follows.

My goal, of course, is quite the opposite, and I don't think, I KNOW, that the surest way to relegate the Left to the outer fringe where it belongs, where it can scream out its rage in helpless impotence, is to defeat the democrat party at the polls. It's like any other disease; to keep it from spreading, we isolate and quarantine the infected, well away from the mainstream population.

I think you're wrong about this as well. First in thinking that the Democrats represent "the left," and second in thinking that defeating them at the polls will accomplish anything for what you want. The Republicans are bought-and-paid-for corporate shills, too. The two parties are an illusion. I've spoken with people who reason the way you do from the other direction, that defeating the Republicans is so overwhelmingly important that nothing else matters, and they're just as wrong.

This movement isn't "radical left" but it is revolutionary, and that means it operates out of the Dem/Rep box. As I said, it does no good to elect Democrats as long as the Democrats remain corrupt politicians in the pay of corporations. And the same is true from the other side: if you want limited government, a balanced budget, and so on, don't put your faith in the Republicans, because that's NOT what our corporate owners want. They want a big government that's wholly in service to their private interests.

Get the money out of politics, let the politicians respond to what the voters want instead of what the corporations pay them to do, and then let the people decide. Doesn't that make sense? Shouldn't we be allies on this, even if we'll be opposed down the road?

The "successful" TP movement? BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA Congress has a 9% approval rating and the TP's numbers are even worse. The TP is dead. They are a fucking joke.

"The "successful" TP movement"

The prospect of a Tea Party triumph in the midterm elections, when all 435 House seats and 37 Senate seats will be contested, demonstrates the movement's remarkable rise in less than two years from a loose coalition of protesters against government spending to a significant political force that is highly likely to stop President Barack Obama and the Democrats in their tracks.

According to analysts, there are 138 Republicans with Tea Party links running for Congress, 129 vying for seats in the House of Representatives and nine in the Senate.
Midterm elections 2010: Tea Party poised to storm Washington - Telegraph

The U.S. Republican Party enjoyed a major victory in last Tuesday's congressional midterm elections, winning back control of the House of Representatives and gaining seats in the Senate. Republicans are giving the conservative Tea Party movement a lot of credit for their success,...
Republicans Credit Tea Party for Gains in Midterm Election | USA | English

The American Tea Party movement is the biggest winner of Tuesday's election. Overwhelming victories by "We The People" candidates confirm the movement to be a powerful force forever changing the landscape of US politics.
Tea Party triumph in the midterm elections | Lloyd Marcus | Comment is free | guardian.co.uk

Feel like a dummy, don't ya'?
Hey...not your fault, it's that darned ADD.

So, they won in 2010. So what? They were more popular back then. They are not as popular now. In fact, they're not popular at all.

The conservative/libertarian movement is viewed favorably by just 28 percent of Americans — down from its all time high of 38 percent last November — while 53 percent have a negative opinion of it, also a record.

Read more: Tea Party More Disliked Than Ever, While Hillary Clinton Remains America's Most Popular National Figure - Business Insider

And then if you factor in congress' approval numbers (9%), of which TP reps hold a lot of seats, they look even worse. In other words, since the TP came to town, congress' approval numbers have gotten even worse. :lol::lol::lol: Feel like a dummy, don't ya? You should. The TP is a joke.

4437245Now we have a conservative grass roots movement based on LESS FEDERAL GOVERNMENT SPENDING and LOWER TAXES that, frankly is NOT aligned with either political party [/B](although the Republicans like to claim them...or not). The Movement doesn't really care HOW their goals are achieved.

It would probably be easier for MSNBC and the Mahers of the nation if the collective was named something like the "Libertarian Party."

:lol::lol::lol:

Are you joking? The TP isn't aligned with either party? Let me ask you this: How many Reps and Senators who align themselves with the TP were elected as Democrats, and how many were elected as Republicans?

Fact: The TP is owned by the Republican party.

The "successful" TP movement? BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA Congress has a 9% approval rating and the TP's numbers are even worse. The TP is dead. They are a fucking joke.

The prospect of a Tea Party triumph in the midterm elections, when all 435 House seats and 37 Senate seats will be contested, demonstrates the movement's remarkable rise in less than two years from a loose coalition of protesters against government spending to a significant political force that is highly likely to stop President Barack Obama and the Democrats in their tracks.

According to analysts, there are 138 Republicans with Tea Party links running for Congress, 129 vying for seats in the House of Representatives and nine in the Senate.

The U.S. Republican Party enjoyed a major victory in last Tuesday's congressional midterm elections, winning back control of the House of Representatives and gaining seats in the Senate. Republicans are giving the conservative Tea Party movement a lot of credit for their success,...

The American Tea Party movement is the biggest winner of Tuesday's election. Overwhelming victories by "We The People" candidates confirm the movement to be a powerful force forever changing the landscape of US politics.
Tea Party triumph in the midterm elections | Lloyd Marcus | Comment is free | guardian.co.uk

So, they won in 2010. So what? They were more popular back then. They are not as popular now. In fact, they're not popular at all.

The conservative/libertarian movement is viewed favorably by just 28 percent of Americans — down from its all time high of 38 percent last November — while 53 percent have a negative opinion of it, also a record.

Read more: Tea Party More Disliked Than Ever, While Hillary Clinton Remains America's Most Popular National Figure - Business Insider

And then if you factor in congress' approval numbers (9%), of which TP reps hold a lot of seats, they look even worse. In other words, since the TP came to town, congress' approval numbers have gotten even worse. :lol::lol::lol: Feel like a dummy, don't ya? You should. The TP is a joke.

Let's not lose perspective here, Joey....

You pretended to roar with laughter over the suggestion that the Tea Party was a success...
"The "successful" TP movement? BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA"
(I've always seen that "BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA' stuff as just silly)

And now that you have been proven wrong, and even admit so, "So, they won in 2010. So what? They were more popular back then."...you wish to, what...change the subject?

"They are not as popular now. In fact, they're not popular at all."
1. Does 'not popular at all' mean noone agrees with them?
Clearly that is not true.

2. Logically, one would compare them to Occupy....and the Tea Party
is favored by more folks than Occupy:

"Poll: Tea Party 43%, Occupy 37%
November 16, 2011 by Don Surber

You say you want a revolution? Well, you know, we all want to change the world — but not really. The liberal Public Policy Polling reported that the American people are turning their back on the Occupy movement as it inevitably becomes more angry, more violent and more crazy."
Poll: Tea Party 43%, Occupy 37% « Don Surber

3. An interest in statistics would suggest that somewhere down the line you're due to get something right.

My advice?
Don't give up. Moses was once a basket case.

The laughter should be deafening at the next election.

You pretended to roar with laughter over the suggestion that the Tea Party was a success...

And now that you have been proven wrong, and even admit so, "So, they won in 2010. So what? They were more popular back then."...you wish to, what...change the subject?

You say you want a revolution? Well, you know, we all want to change the world — but not really. The liberal Public Policy Polling reported that the American people are turning their back on the Occupy movement as it inevitably becomes more angry, more violent and more crazy."

3. An interest in statistics would suggest that somewhere down the line you're due to get something right.

My advice?

Ahem..

Forty-three percent of Americans agree with the views of the "Occupy Wall Street" movement, according to a new CBS News/New York Times poll that found a widespread belief that money and wealth should be distributed more evenly in America.Poll: 43 percent agree with views of "Occupy Wall Street" - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

The public’s opinion of the Tea Party movement has soured in the wake of the debt-ceiling debate. The Tea Party is now viewed unfavorably by 40 percent of the public and favorably by just 20 percent, according to the poll.
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/08/05/us/politics/05poll.html?_r=1&ref=us

You were saying? :lol::lol::lol:

My advice?

Ahem..

Forty-three percent of Americans agree with the views of the "Occupy Wall Street" movement, according to a new CBS News/New York Times poll that found a widespread belief that money and wealth should be distributed more evenly in America.Poll: 43 percent agree with views of "Occupy Wall Street" - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

The public’s opinion of the Tea Party movement has soured in the wake of the debt-ceiling debate. The Tea Party is now viewed unfavorably by 40 percent of the public and favorably by just 20 percent, according to the poll.

Oh, my poor,poor,sad friend Joey....

Who has failed you so miserably?

Let's play a game of 'One of these things is not like the other...'
See if you can guess which one:

A wristwatch
A calendar
A sundial
A mound of detritus left by the OWS crowd.

Very good, Joey!!!

Now, can you guess why the first three are similar?
Right again! They allow us to identify moments in time.

Now, said moments would be particularly important when
we study opinion polls.....
don't you agree?

Your links specify the following:
August 5, 2011
October 25, 2011 6:30 PM

And the one I provided:
November 16, 2011

Need I say more, Joey?
I can see you right now, squeezing your eyes closed and
slapping yourself on the forehead.

As a child, did you usually mistake the Ant Farm for the Etch-A-Sketch?
I’m going to have to enroll you in the Federal Wit-less Relocation Program.

Reincarnation is your only hope.

My advice?

Ahem..

August 5, 2011

And the one I provided:
November 16, 2011

Need I say more, Joey?

PRRI-Tea-Party-v.-Occupy-Wallstreet1-e1321469902342.png

http://publicreligion.org/research/2011/11/november-2011-rns/

And before you open your dick-sucker and say, "But but but see OWS isn't more popular than the TP", that isn't the point. You are the one who brought up OWS only after I said the TP isn't popular. And as you can plainly see from this survey from NOV 2011, the TP isn't even close to popular.

I can see you right now, putting on your tinfoil hat, turning the dials on your Glenn Beck Decoder Ring, trying desperately to find the logic in this poll. But try as you might, you poor little thing, you just won't be able to escape the truth. The TP sucks in the eyes of most Americans.

Carry on :lol::lol::lol:

I think you're wrong about this as well. First in thinking that the Democrats represent "the left," and second in thinking that defeating them at the polls will accomplish anything for what you want. The Republicans are bought-and-paid-for corporate shills, too. The two parties are an illusion. I've spoken with people who reason the way you do from the other direction, that defeating the Republicans is so overwhelmingly important that nothing else matters, and they're just as wrong.

This movement isn't "radical left" but it is revolutionary, and that means it operates out of the Dem/Rep box. As I said, it does no good to elect Democrats as long as the Democrats remain corrupt politicians in the pay of corporations. And the same is true from the other side: if you want limited government, a balanced budget, and so on, don't put your faith in the Republicans, because that's NOT what our corporate owners want. They want a big government that's wholly in service to their private interests.

Get the money out of politics, let the politicians respond to what the voters want instead of what the corporations pay them to do, and then let the people decide. Doesn't that make sense? Shouldn't we be allies on this, even if we'll be opposed down the road?

Great post.

Are you joking? The TP isn't aligned with either party? Let me ask you this: How many Reps and Senators who align themselves with the TP were elected as Democrats, and how many were elected as Republicans?

Fact: The TP is owned by the Republican party.

Inarguable. Which doesn't mean that they won't try. :)

Ahem..

August 5, 2011

And the one I provided:
November 16, 2011

Need I say more, Joey?

PRRI-Tea-Party-v.-Occupy-Wallstreet1-e1321469902342.png

Survey | Equal Numbers of Americans say Occupy Wall Street and Tea Party Movement Share their Values : Public Religion Research Institute

And before you open your dick-sucker and say, "But but but see OWS isn't more popular than the TP", that isn't the point. You are the one who brought up OWS only after I said the TP isn't popular. And as you can plainly see from this survey from NOV 2011, the TP isn't even close to popular.

I can see you right now, putting on your tinfoil hat, turning the dials on your Glenn Beck Decoder Ring, trying desperately to find the logic in this poll. But try as you might, you poor little thing, you just won't be able to escape the truth. The TP sucks in the eyes of most Americans.

Carry on :lol::lol::lol:

1. Try to watch your language...you're not speaking to your family now.

2.Now, let's see what kind of group you are reduced to hiding behind:

"Public Religion Research Institute's misleading poll (immigration, DREAM Act, Brookings Institution)"
http://24ahead.com/public-religion-research-institutes-misleading-poll-immigrat

3. Let's review....your original thesis was that the Tea Party has no support.
That nonsense was dashed.
Now you find some group that claims equal support between the Tea Party and the Pee Paty...and you state "The TP sucks in the eyes of most Americans."

a. So, here you reveal your lack of not just class, but math ability....
if "most Americans" disfavor the Tea Party, and you link claims 'Equal numbers' are for both....aren't you saying "most Americans disfavor the OWS"?

b. Since you originally argued that "They're not popular at all..." it seems that you are out to destroy your own argument.
Good work.

You get the 'Cynthia McKinney Brilliant Democrat Award'!

Forum List

Back