The world's richest folks doubled their wealth in the last 10 years.

My net and growth has both more than doubled over the last 10 years. My homes and properties I own are at ridiculous levels. My 401k investment is up 38% this year alone. My personal savings remain stable but thats because so much is invested rather than sitting in a bank account.

And heres the really cool part. None of my gains cost any of you a penny. In fact, the only people that are miserable are the people not working...on welfare, or in every other way they can manage finding a way to kick their own ass. Yeah...THOSE guys have a tendency to bitch about the inherent unfairness of a system that creates such a divide. But if you look past the woes is me mentality you learn there is no system oppressing you. The only people oppressing you are you and that pathetic rat bastard that stares back at you from the mirror every morning.

The problem with inordinate wealth is that money buys power; it buys politicians; it buys anti-regulation of drug prices, industrial pollution, poor land use, wall street, etc. It buys legislation to restrict welfare; make healthcare expensive. It leads to oligarchy. It's great for the wealthy, but not the poor.

The problem with inordinate wealth is that money buys power; it buys politicians; it buys anti-regulation of drug prices, industrial pollution, poor land use, wall street, etc. It buys legislation to restrict welfare; make healthcare expensive. It leads to oligarchy. It's great for the wealthy, but not the poor.
You should move to a country without any rich people.

/----/ You've mistaken will with could. Let me correct your post: The problem with inordinate wealth is that money COULD buy power; it COULD buy politicians; it COULD buy anti-regulation of drug prices, industrial pollution, poor land use, wall street, etc. It COULD buy legislation to restrict welfare; it COULD make healthcare expensive. It COULD lead to oligarchy. It's great for the wealthy, but not the poor.

Now maybe that is what you would do with wealth, but it doesn't apply to everyone. BTW the wealthy do help the poor in many ways, creating jobs, through charity and so on.

Last edited:
Now maybe that is what you would do with wealth, but it doesn't apply to everyone. BTW the wealthy do help the poor in many ways, creating jobs, through charity and so pn.

Listen to the silver spoon boys chiming in.
You should move to a country without any rich people.
Everything he said is spot on.
If reality isn't your bag, go find the science fiction board to play on.

There'd be nothing to buy if the politicians havd no power to sell it....Yet those who've demanded for an all-powerful State that meddles in nearly every aspect of our lives, get all pissy when people of means show up to buy off the protection racketeers.

My net and growth has both more than doubled over the last 10 years. My homes and properties I own are at ridiculous levels. My 401k investment is up 38% this year alone. My personal savings remain stable but thats because so much is invested rather than sitting in a bank account.

And heres the really cool part. None of my gains cost any of you a penny. In fact, the only people that are miserable are the people not working...on welfare, or in every other way they can manage finding a way to kick their own ass. Yeah...THOSE guys have a tendency to bitch about the inherent unfairness of a system that creates such a divide. But if you look past the woes is me mentality you learn there is no system oppressing you. The only people oppressing you are you and that pathetic rat bastard that stares back at you from the mirror every morning.
Congratulations but you missed the point.
Now run along and count your gold nuggets, Sinbad.

/----/ You've mistaken will with could. Let me correct your post: The problem with inordinate wealth is that money COULD buy power; it COULD buy politicians; it COULD buy anti-regulation of drug prices, industrial pollution, poor land use, wall street, etc. It COULD buy legislation to restrict welfare; it COULD make healthcare expensive. It COULD lead to oligarchy. It's great for the wealthy, but not the poor.
You are wrong; It has been happening for decades. Don't you understand lobbyists and PACs and favors for large political donations?. I don't know where you live but I am talking about the US.

This is the extent of your oh so brilliant contribution to the OP.

"Did you ? Not very likely."

So no...I didn't miss the point of YOUR OP. I commented on YOUR POINT to YOUR OP.

It’s the Central Bank monetary policy, but most of you here want to blame politicians because it’s easier than actually understanding the real reason.
Sorry, but you’ll have to read the entire link below to begin to understand the problem.
Commentary: The Real Reason for Income Inequality? The Fed
Income inequality in America has worsened in recent decades. Many on the left, buttressed by a not-insignificant number of those on the right, have argued for an increasingly progressive income tax code to tackle this problem.

But they’re focusing on the wrong solution—instead, the target ought to be the Federal Reserve. While the central bank chose to not change interest rates this week, the Fed’s ceaseless quantitative easing programs and obstinate commitment to unnaturally low interest rates in the years following the 2008 financial crisis have had the unintended effects of both incentivizing reckless deficit-driven spending from Congress and exacerbating income and wealth inequality in the private sector.

You are wrong; It has been happening for decades. Don't you understand lobbyists and PACs and favors for large political donations?. I don't know where you live but I am talking about the US.
/----/ Ask a grown up to explain the difference between will and could. I can't make it simpler for you.

BTW, if you want to know where I live, click on my profile:
Cellblock2429
Gold Member, Male, 68, from New York
Gold Supporting Member

Congratulations but you missed the point.
Now run along and count your gold nuggets, Sinbad.
/---/ Gold nuggets? Your class envy is laughable. Gold nuggets???
are you a moron.gif

Forum List

Back