The world's richest folks doubled their wealth in the last 10 years.

Did you ? Not very likely.

World's Richest People Have More Than Doubled Their Wealth Since 2008

Here's a peek at the rising tide of inequality that shows no signs of slowing down.

It's not just the rich. It's anyone who is invested in the market. And people's retirement funds are doing great. You always play the victim, don't you? Invest in America and come out a winner!

More power to ya Brisko.

Americans Lost over $10 Trillion in investment/retirement funds and home equity in 2008 and they say the next crash will be much worse.

America Lost $10.2 Trillion In 2008

Ask a grown up to explain the difference between will and could. I can't make it simpler for you.
No, "will" and "could" are not the right words. Because buying legislation and politicians "have happened" and "are happening". That is simply the case.

Ask a grown up to explain the difference between will and could. I can't make it simpler for you.
No, "will" and "could" are not the right words. Because buying legislation and politicians "have happened" and "are happening". That is simply the case.
Because of the Citizens United Supreme Court ruling that only Bernie Sanders ever even mentions, China, Saudi Arabia or Russia.......Bayer, Exxon or Monsanto for that matter--can anonymously donate billions to our elections, and we will never know about it. These are globalists who are quietly pulling the rug out from under our sovereignty while we sleepwalk along obliviously in our Starbuck's drive-thru coffee, rent-a-life soap opera illusions.

• U.S. homeowners lost a cumulative $3.3 trillion in home equity during 2008, according to a report from Zillow. (MortgageWire.)
  • One in six homeowners is now underwater on their mortgage.
  • The stock market erased $6.9 trillion in shareholder wealth in 2008.
Add together the loss of housing equity of $3.3 trillion and the stock market loss of $6.9 trillion, and you've got a historic loss of wealth of $10.2 trillion.

Here's a peek at the rising tide of inequality that shows no signs of slowing down.

I cant complain ...and good for them

k36z7f6c36741.jpg

Triggered!!!!!!

Because of the Citizens United Supreme Court ruling that only Bernie Sanders ever even mentions, China, Saudi Arabia or Russia.......Bayer, Exxon or Monsanto for that matter--can anonymously donate billions to our elections, and we will never know about it. These are globalists who are quietly pulling the rug out from under our sovereignty while we sleepwalk along obliviously in our Starbuck's drive-thru coffee, rent-a-life soap opera illusions.
/——/ So? What’s your point?

/—-/ No dumbazz, I mean you can’t claim that if you become wealthy then you automatically spend your money on those things. You CAN but don’t have to if you don’t want to.

Never mind.

Never mind.
/——/ Corporations have the right to donate money for political reasons. There is no harm in it. You stating they do it without any reason why if would be wrong as if we should be able to read your mind is just plain stupid.

It's not just the rich. It's anyone who is invested in the market. And people's retirement funds are doing great. You always play the victim, don't you? Invest in America and come out a winner!

More power to ya Brisko.

Americans Lost over $10 Trillion in investment/retirement funds and home equity in 2008 and they say the next crash will be much worse.

/—-/ They say??? They say a lot of things. Who is they? Got any names or are we still supposed to be reading your mind?

/——/ Corporations have the right to donate money for political reasons. There is no harm in it. You stating they do it without any reason why if would be wrong as if we should be able to read your mind is just plain stupid.
Yes there often is harm in it. For example Big Sugar gets legislation passed or tabled by simply making campaign donations and telling politicians what they want. This is a sort of legal bribery. Tax payers in Florida have to pay to clean up the pollution that the sugar companies create.

2008 was instructive. We felt as much as saw the crash coming and got out of our medium to high risk investments and into lower performing but safer investments. We didn't lose too much. We were slow getting back in until we saw positive, stable growth. We missed out on a lot of earnings but slept well at night. We've made it all back and a lot more.

Our financial manager uses the 2008 model to assess how much we'd lose in a 2008 scenario model and gives us options. On our annual visit, a strategy at one end would take a 25% hit while at the other end would only go down 8%. We chose the 8%.

I knew a lot of people who lost their asses but their investments were not well managed, they weren't paying attention and a few were just greedy. Some people have a hard time selling on a decline and taking a loss only to lose more by riding it to the bottom.

"You gotta know when to hold 'em and know when to fold 'em."

Last edited:
2008 was instructive. We felt as much as saw the crash coming and got out of our medium to high risk investments and into lower performing but safer investments. We didn't lose too much. We were slow getting back in until we saw positive, stable growth. We missed out on a lot of earnings but slept well at night. We've made it all back and a lot more.
Our financial manager uses the 2008 model to assess how much we'd lose in a 2008 scenario model and gives us options. On our annual visit, a strategy at one end would take a 25% hit while at the other end would only go down 8%. We chose the 8%.

I knew a lot of people who lost their asses but their investments were not well managed, they weren't paying attention and a few were just greedy. Some people have a hard time selling on a decline and taking a loss only to lose more by riding it to the bottom.

"You gotta know when to hold 'em and know when to fold 'em."
A lot of people in my neighborhood had their house foreclosed. A lot of people don't have financial managers because they jobs aren't paying enough for them to even consider owning any stocks or bonds.

Forum List

Back