The World's End (Amazon)

g5000

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2011
This movie is brought to you by the same people who made Shaun of the Dead.

This movie takes a very bizarre turn about 40 minutes in, but I am not going to spoil it in any way.

It starts out as a buddy movie about a pub crawl. Back when they were in high school, five lads attempt to grab a pint in ten different pubs in their town along an area they call The Golden Mile. But being boys, they don't make it all the way.

Twenty years later, one of the is obsessed with the idea of achieving that goal. Of course he's the happy-go-lucky loser who has done nothing with his life while his four friends all have careers and families and are none to keen to relive the past.

The tenth pub is called The World's End, thus the name of the movie.

All very formulaic up to this point as the loser succeeds in getting his friends to join him on his quest if only to shut him up and leave them alone.

Two or three pubs into the quest, his movie becomes an entirely different film.

You will either love it or think it is the dumbest thing you have ever seen. It all depends on what kind of sense of humor you have.

If you liked Shaun of the Dead, or if you are a Doctor Who fan, you will like this movie. It has that kind of campy British humor in it and should be viewed in that vein.

Funniest line in Shaun of the Dead is 2:45 into this video clip although there are some pretty funny other things leading up to that line. Actually one of the characters reminds me of one of our members here (not in this thread):

A combination of "Sean of the Dead" and "Paul" where two Brit si-fi geeks run into a hip alien. Lots of Brit humor that escapes me.

Forum List

Back