The Wizard of Oz Is Being Remade

Most likely be a deranged "Woke" remake of the iconic classic with Dorothy cast as a black lesbian…

Dorothy as a lesbian has already been done. The TV show Once Upon a Time had her “true love” turn out to be Little Red Riding Hood.

Seriously. They really did this. I loved the series, as a whole, but their occasional attempts to inject “woke” shit into it really came across as ridiculous.

Oh. Well. That's not working.
There's no way this individual that looks like he fell into a printing press is going to have the budget, and even if he did, find the talent it took when they made "The Wiz". There's no talent like that available at this day and time.
No way in hell to top that. It was made to be over the top, and current Hollywood does not have what it takes to top that, at all.

To me the best salute to the film was during this clip in 1976.

My favorite part is when David says to Maria, "She isn't getting this broom back until she starts treating me like a person!"

God bless you always!!!

Holly (a girl who will forever love the late beautiful precious masterpiece of a gentleman who gave us David)

That looks like a truly terrible movie.

I enjoyed it, but you're allowed to have an opinion. I see you thought my scarecrow joke was funny though. :auiqs.jpg:(He actually is my favorite character but I have to throw shade at Biden at every given opportunity. XD)

Howard Cosell would sing the praises of "The Wiz" on Broadway when broadcasting Baseball and Football. He was the official spokesperson of African Americans until he called Houston Oilers return man Billy White Shoes Johnson a little monkey for his running. He was forgiven because Howard did not have a racist bone in his body and Muhammad Ali gave him the good housekeeping seal of approval. The Broadway show must have been good.

Forum List

Back