The Window for a DNC "Celebrity Savior" is Closing

None of the Democrat candidates look like they belong in the arena.
The democrats need someone with experience, someone seasoned, someone tempered by the flames of the campaign.

Hillary..........Hillary......

Calling Hillary. Your party needs you.
/——/ No one can lose an election like Hildabeast. Run Hillary Run.

Last edited:
For months I have been saying that the Democrats are behind the scenes recruiting a big name celebrity to run for president. Think Oprah, or Michelle O, etc.

After the Mueller debacle yesterday, on top of The Squad in Congress, I think that window is closing fast. Anyone notable celebrity would have to think long and hard about signing on to the Democrats now. Not only is their brand all but destroyed, but they would have to take positions. The party itself is so divided...what celebrity would want to do this now?

What are your thoughts?

(Below is a list of celebrities who have HINTED at running)

Celebs you might see on your 2020 election ballot
We need a reasonable alternative to Trump. Dems aren't doing great so far, but they've got a year to pull it together. The last thing we need is another celebrity in the White House. No thanks.

None of the Democrat candidates look like they belong in the arena.
The democrats need someone with experience, someone seasoned, someone tempered by the flames of the campaign.

Hillary..........Hillary......

Calling Hillary. Your party needs you.
/——/ No one can lose an election like Hildabeast

Since there's not a lot of good new stuff on tv I've been watching older movies that I've seen before.

I wouldn't mind watching 2016 again...

For months I have been saying that the Democrats are behind the scenes recruiting a big name celebrity to run for president. Think Oprah, or Michelle O, etc.

After the Mueller debacle yesterday, on top of The Squad in Congress, I think that window is closing fast. Anyone notable celebrity would have to think long and hard about signing on to the Democrats now. Not only is their brand all but destroyed, but they would have to take positions. The party itself is so divided...what celebrity would want to do this now?

What are your thoughts?

We need a reasonable alternative to Trump. Dems aren't doing great so far, but they've got a year to pull it together. The last thing we need is another celebrity in the White House. No thanks.

Who's "we"?

What are your thoughts?

Iowa Caucus Feb. 3 New Hampshire Primary Feb. 11
6 months

What are your thoughts?

/——/ A viable alternative to the greatest president in history? If the Dems could find one the rabid lib base would destroy him or her.

What are your thoughts?

Who's "we"?
All the people who won't vote for Trump. Another "choice" like Hillary would kill me, I'm sure.

What are your thoughts?

People that prefer celebrities run for public office are simpletons. Are you a celebrity worshipper? A simpleton yourself?

I want qualified candidates who love this country and want what's best for it to run for public office. Not more of the same superficial populist bullshit we have currently. Clearly, these things aren't important to you or Cult45. Your opinions don't matter and never did. But carry on with... ...whatever it is you're trying to achieve with this thread.

What are your thoughts?

6 months
You're right. I was thinking of the convention. But the election won't be decided in Iowa, so we've still got some time.

It’s still waaaay too early to make reasonable predictions for the 2020 election. If the economy avoids any major issues then Trump will beat any of the sorry candidates the Dems have (assuming he avoids a major misstep). None of the dem candidates fire up the base, which leaves the possibility of a 3rd party candidate, somebody like Howard Schultz or even Mark Cuban to step in. Guys like that could kill the dem nominee and seriously challenge Trump.

The problem a 3rd party Cuban would have is they would be pulled to far left to appease the media and would come across as out of touch with everyday Americans. TRUMP has shown he will put America first, I doubt people would be willing to trust someone like Cuban to not give away the store in order to be liked abroad.

What are your thoughts?

People that prefer celebrities run for public office are simpletons. Are you a celebrity worshipper? A simpleton yourself?

I want qualified candidates who love this country and want what's best for it to run for public office. Not more of the same superficial populist bullshit we have currently. Clearly, these things aren't important to you or Cult45. Your opinions don't matter and never did. But carry on with... ...whatever it is you're trying to achieve with this thread.

Me: It's going to rain today.

TT: OMG YOU LOVE RAIN HOW COULD YOU LOVE RAIN?!?!?! ARE YOU STUPID?!?!?!

Yeah. The internet, everyone.

It’s still waaaay too early to make reasonable predictions for the 2020 election. If the economy avoids any major issues then Trump will beat any of the sorry candidates the Dems have (assuming he avoids a major misstep). None of the dem candidates fire up the base, which leaves the possibility of a 3rd party candidate, somebody like Howard Schultz or even Mark Cuban to step in. Guys like that could kill the dem nominee and seriously challenge Trump.

The problem a 3rd party Cuban would have is they would be pulled to far left to appease the media and would come across as out of touch with everyday Americans. TRUMP has shown he will put America first, I doubt people would be willing to trust someone like Cuban to not give away the store in order to be liked abroad.

Really? I suspect Cuban would be a bit like Trump and tell you who he is, take it or leave it. I’d vote for Schultz or Cuban over anybody else in the race now if they ran independent, including Trump.

What are your thoughts?

/——/ A viable alternative to the greatest president in history? If the Dems could find one the rabid lib base would destroy him or her.

True. So very true.
Looks like they're stuck with the 20+ suckers they gotz!
Coolio....:cool-45:

What are your thoughts?

6 months
You're right. I was thinking of the convention. But the election won't be decided in Iowa, so we've still got some time.

No you don't! :dance:

Forum List

Back