The Way it Was (Pre-Roe v Wade)

Discussion in 'Clean Debate Zone' started by Delia, Jan 22, 2013.

1. Dugdale_Jukes

Dugdale_Jukes Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +262
    Here is the thing: this is the United States, a nation founded in the bright light of Jefferson's "pursuit of happiness" and continued by prudent expenditures of blood and steel to ensure each citizen's "right to be let alone" is preserved.

Having communist meddlers try to force their whimsical personal will including religious values about ANYTHING on me, my family and others who disagree with these sick, twisted cultures of meddlers, doesn't work for me. And that is not ever going to change.

That is the bottom line. While scum support adding misery to the world including killing doctors trying to prevent more misery in the world, heroes continue to support women controlling their own reproductive functions by every necessary means.

People like me want abortion and we are prepared to do what it takes to keep it available. There is another bottom line for you meddlers to consider.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2013
  2. Foxfyre

Foxfyre Eternal optimist Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +17,966
    Do you consider expressing your opinion or 'forcing it on us' to be 'meddling' DJ? What makes you expressing your opinion, i.e. 'forcing it on us' different from anybody else expressing an opinion? I'll give you some time to come up with an answer for that.

Meanwhile I wil continue to focus on my personal concerns here that do not involve religion or restriction of anybody's rights or denial of basic necessary services to anybody. The rest of you of course will continue to focus on whatever point of view you hold.

Thank you for understanding.

3. sealadaigh

sealadaigh BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +129
    here is something for you to consider. this is the clean debate zone.

4. Vandalshandle

Vandalshandle Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9,086
    Abortion would never have been illegal if men got pregnant.

5. Noomi

Noomi Ninja Kicker Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,880
    If men got pregnant, there would be more abortion clinics than Starbucks.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  6. Vandalshandle

Vandalshandle Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9,086

With the proceedure performed by topless technitians!

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  7. sealadaigh

sealadaigh BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +129
    well, those were cruel things to say.

i could say something equally cruel about "meal tickets" but this is, after all, the clean debate zone.

so you two think the abortion issue is some sort of battle between the sexes?

8. Noomi

Noomi Ninja Kicker Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,880
    I think the majority of pro life leaders are men, who would insist they'd never have an abortion. Yet if men could get pregnant and were expected to push a watermelon out of their anus, you can bet that the abortion clinics would make a fortune.

9. sealadaigh

sealadaigh BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +129
    i think the reason a majority of pro-life leaders are men (if that is the case and i am not sure it is) is because a lot of the pro-life zealots are religious leaders and, generally, religions institutions are sexist in their choices of hierarchy.

i really couldn't speculate as to what would happen if the roles were reversed. i do think your argument, in this particular case, is based upon the woman's ability to withstand a "pain threshold" of varying degrees for up to 48 hours and i really have a hard time believeing that women have abortions to avoid the pain of childbirth. i do not think men would either.

there are a lot of cultural aspects to the pain of childbirth also, but that really is beside the point. do you think men have a markedly lower ability to resist pain?

lol...i am not sure i like being called "pro-life". people really do have to try to stop tricking out the language to saalve some moral confusion. i am "against abortion".

they are growing square watermelons now for shipping purposes so, we may need a genetically modified sphincter.

10. Underhill

Underhill Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +88
    I think women have a higher pain threshold because they have children.

And I don't think women have abortions to avoid the pain either.

In fact, they have found that there is a hormone that causes women to diminish the memories of the pain some months after childbirth.

Kind of makes sense. My wife 30 minutes after having our first said never again.

A year later she was ready for more...