The War on Soccer

DGS49

Diamond Member
Apr 12, 2012
Pittsburgh
Ann Coulter has publicly declared a War on Soccer. Although I don't know the particulars, the more I think about it the more sense it makes to me.

Soccer is a dumb game. It abhors the use of man's most useful appendages - the arms and hands. Preposterous. It is popular in places where they don't have many Real Sports, and it has the advantage of requiring no equipment. Only a ball and something that can be used as a goal.

It is in the limelight these days because in a much-ignored recent international competition, the team of women theoretically representing the United States of America (but mainly their own narcisissistic selves) defeated a group of teams from other countries where womens' soccer ("football") is even more irrelevant than it is in the U.S. And rather than prostrate themselves in appreciation for the recognition they get for their pathetic victory ,they thumb their figurative noses at both the President and the country itself. Ungrateful [vulgar word for vaginas]. And the captain of this unfortunate group of misfits spouts her thoughts on issues large and small AS THOUGH SOMEONE ACTUALLY WOULD GIVE A SHIT.

So I am down with the War on Soccer. Here in this Forum I firmly pledge NEVER to watch another "soccer" game for the rest of my natural life. Not in person, not on teevee, not even a fictional game of "soccer" in a movie or television show. And I will encourage everyone I know to take a similar pledge because soccer is shit. It is a total waste of time. One could watch ALL of the highlights of an entire typical MENS worldcup competition during the time it takes to execute a normal bowel movement.

And don't tell me that my antipathy toward the game is based on ignorance. "If you only UNDERSTOOD the game..." Bullshit. It's a dumb game that fulfills the single purpose in the United States of providing a competitive sport for boys who can't play football (or whose parents won't let them).

Down with soccer. At least it doesn't have far to go to reach rock bottom.

Ann Coulter has publicly declared a War on Soccer. Although I don't know the particulars, the more I think about it the more sense it makes to me.

Soccer is a dumb game. It abhors the use of man's most useful appendages - the arms and hands. Preposterous. It is popular in places where they don't have many Real Sports, and it has the advantage of requiring no equipment. Only a ball and something that can be used as a goal.

It is in the limelight these days because in a much-ignored recent international competition, the team of women theoretically representing the United States of America (but mainly their own narcisissistic selves) defeated a group of teams from other countries where womens' soccer ("football") is even more irrelevant than it is in the U.S. And rather than prostrate themselves in appreciation for the recognition they get for their pathetic victory ,they thumb their figurative noses at both the President and the country itself. Ungrateful [vulgar word for vaginas]. And the captain of this unfortunate group of misfits spouts her thoughts on issues large and small AS THOUGH SOMEONE ACTUALLY WOULD GIVE A SHIT.

So I am down with the War on Soccer. Here in this Forum I firmly pledge NEVER to watch another "soccer" game for the rest of my natural life. Not in person, not on teevee, not even a fictional game of "soccer" in a movie or television show. And I will encourage everyone I know to take a similar pledge because soccer is shit. It is a total waste of time. One could watch ALL of the highlights of an entire typical MENS worldcup competition during the time it takes to execute a normal bowel movement.

And don't tell me that my antipathy toward the game is based on ignorance. "If you only UNDERSTOOD the game..." Bullshit. It's a dumb game that fulfills the single purpose in the United States of providing a competitive sport for boys who can't play football (or whose parents won't let them).

Down with soccer. At least it doesn't have far to go to reach rock bottom.
I've been saying this since I was a kid...it shows why we should not be like the rest of the world, what kind of mundane life must you lead to wanna watch this game?...
...at least defund the mens portion of it in this country...if the women want to keep it for goodness sakes let them.

Last edited:
I have come to believe (with no corroborating evidence at all) that "cricket", like baseball, can be interesting if you get to know it. And also cricket afficionados confine it to countries where it is played and appreciated. So no American is forced to watch it, even at a glance on television. So I give cricket a pass. I don't even know enough about it to think it's stupid.

I have come to believe (with no corroborating evidence at all) that "cricket", like baseball, can be interesting if you get to know it. And also cricket afficionados confine it to countries where it is played and appreciated. So no American is forced to watch it, even at a glance on television. So I give cricket a pass. I don't even know enough about it to think it's stupid.
Years ago one of my coworkers was from England.

I asked him if he could tell me about the game of Cricket?

He responded in his clipped British accent, "I could explain it to you for 3 days, and you would be none the wiser". ... :lol:

It's a fantastic game.
The final of the Cricket World Cup is on in seven hours in fact.
It isn't the real five day cricket but the one-day version can be brilliantly exciting.

England won, eh? Hear, hear!
Yep, it was a draw, then the special playoff period (one extra over per team) was also a draw so the rules gave it to the team that scored the most boundaries during the match - England.
It was a stunning game.

Draws, ties to me are a waste of time.

“Did you go see the game?”

“Sure did, Over two hours long.”

“Who won?”

“No one.”

Just pointless.

“Who won?”

“No one.”

Just pointless.
Ah...it's the cut and thrust, the drama, the strategy that's the most interesting in cricket.
And...two hours long?!
A proper game of cricket takes five days and frequently ends in a draw.

“Who won?”

“No one.”

Just pointless.
Ah...it's the cut and thrust, the drama, the strategy that's the most interesting in cricket.
And...two hours long?!
A proper game of cricket takes five days and frequently ends in a draw.

No offense ol chap, but it doesn’t sound like my cup of tea.

Consider: In a perfect game of baseball, nothing happens. No runs, no hits, no errors. Thus, why is baseball, a low scoring sport in which most of the active participants could literally sit on the grass and do nothing for most of the game, considered exciting, while soccer is scorned?

I tried watching soccer one time.

It's 3 minutes of action packed into 90 minutes of mind numbing boredom. ... :cool:

I try to watch during the World Cup and Olympics. Commercials make it look exciting. There is nothing to the game.

Soccer Sucks

Consider: In a perfect game of baseball, nothing happens. No runs, no hits, no errors. Thus, why is baseball, a low scoring sport in which most of the active participants could literally sit on the grass and do nothing for most of the game, considered exciting, while soccer is scorned?

Watching soccer is like a football game where there is only punting. Kick the ball from one end to the other with no serious threat of scoring

Changes need to be made for soccer. It is a timed sport compared to baseball and still is boring. To much drama with fake injuries. The players are athletic but they are held back by the rules of where the ball can be touched. Let the use of arms be allowed. Watching 10-8 games would be a pleasure.

Forum List

Back