Wimbledon 19

Okay. Any......one is watching. Mindful qualifies as the anyone.

I used to watch Wimbledon when I had television, but only the women. Especially if Martina was playing.

Well Serena is playing tomorrow. No doubt she'll win.
Her Highness Serena lost the first set 6-2 in a relative blink of an eye.
She's down in the second 4-2. It doesn't look good for the establishment's favorite feminist/bully/"greatest athlete ever".

Halep is the first person she's played this tournament of any real note and it shows. Serena is grossly out of shape for her supposed place atop all other women tennis players and she is not getting any younger.

Christ...I'll be happy when this imperious entitled bully hangs up her shoes and leaves the scene. Too bad she can't take her salivating, slavish media admirers with her.

Edit....Halep wins 6-2 6-2. Praise God. End the hype machine now. She has just already hit her experation date.

Last edited:
Well Serena is playing tomorrow. No doubt she'll win.
Her Highness Serena lost the first set 6-2 in a relative blink of an eye.
She's down in the second 4-2. It doesn't look good for the establishment's favorite feminist/bully/greatest athlete ever".

Halep is the first person she's played this tournament who of any real note and it shows. Serena is grossly out of shape for her supposed place atop all other women tennis players and she is not getting any younger.

Christ...I'll be happy when this imperious entitled bully hangs up her shoes and leaves the scene. Too bad she can't take her salivating, slavish media admirers with her.

Edit....Halep wins 6-2 6-2. Praise God. End the hype machine now. She has just already hit her experation date.

What a surprise!

What a surprise!
Not as big a surprise as you might think. The match was remarkably easy for Halep but knowledgeable observers
gave Halep a real puncher's chance to take out Serena, the media hype machine notwithstanding.

She's by far the best player Williams had to face in the tournament and clearly if she could get her racquet on any Williams shot she immediately had the upper hand being so much more mobile and in such better shape.

It's clear I'm not a Serena fan but if you ignored all the pre match blather and looked at things dispassionately there was lots of reason to think Simona Halep could knock off the big bully.

What a surprise!
Not as big a surprise as you might think. The match was remarkably easy for Halep but knowledgeable observers
gave Halep a real puncher's chance to take out Serena, the media hype machine notwithstanding.

She's by far the best player Williams had to face in the tournament and clearly if she could get her racquet on any Williams shot she immediately had the upper hand being so much more mobile and in such better shape.

It's clear I'm not a Serena fan but if you ignored all the pre match blather and looked at things dispassionately there was lots of reason to think Simona Halep could knock off the big bully.

I was for Simona. Was getting fed up of Serena winning constantly with that punishing physical strength.

More mobile, and agile, yes.

And very sweet.

I was for Simona. Was getting fed up of Serena winning constantly with that punishing physical strength.

And very sweet.
I'm fairly indifferent to Halep usually one way or the other but this match exceeded all my expectations. I'm hoping it will give the other women when the US Open rolls around hope and the realization that Serena Williams is officially past her prime if there was any doubt before.

She is O for 3 in her last three Grand Slam finals...not a good sign for her.

And very sweet.
I'm fairly indifferent to Halep usually one way or the other but this match exceeded all my expectations. I'm hoping it will give the other women when the US Open rolls around hope and the realization that Serena Williams is officially past her prime if there was any doubt before.

She is O for 3 in her last three Grand Slam finals...not a good sign for her.

I was most pleasantly surprised. I was resigned to what I thought was the inevitable.

I was most pleasantly surprised. I was resigned to what I thought was the inevitable.
I think many feel that way. My view was in this match up (if I haven't already said it) that if Halep could get her racquet on any Williams shot, she was instantly in the better position.
Even if she didn't win that particular point the more she made Williams move the more the advantage swung to her long term.

Edit....in the post match press a reporter asked her what she thought of Billie Jean King saying that she (Serena) should give up being a celebrity for a year and focus on tennis.

And the martyr card was played, as Serena does when she feels threatened (which is why I detest her phoniness) and she said, paraphrased, "the day I stop fighting for people that look like you and I do, is the day I'll be in the grave" .

Here she is in New York "fighting for the people that look like she does" Serena Williams Returns to NYFW: Here's How to Buy Every Piece in Her Line Right Now
She is so full of herself and full of crap!

Last edited:
I think many feel that way. My view was in this match up (if I haven't already said it) that if Halep could get her racquet on any Williams shot, she was instantly in the better position.
Even if she didn't win that particular point the more she made Williams move the more the advantage swung to her long term.

Williams does rather lumber around.

Forum List

Back