The War On Marriage

As for Akin, the problem is, he openly says what the GOP's policy on rape is. .

So uncertain in your position that you have to lie, douchebag?

Oh, I'm positive in my postion.

Abortion is gonna happen, and there's nothing you religious whacks can do about it.

But I just point out the obvious. If you take the ridiculous position that fetuses are people, then dammit, that rape-fetus has as much rights as a real person.

Otherwise, your whole logic falls apart.

You can't have an absolute principle and then try to find exceptions.

Because then you have to allow all the exceptions.

If you allow the murder of rape-fetus, you have to allow the murder of 'forgot to take my pill" fetus without any whining.

If you take the ridiculous position that fetuses are people...

There you go again, hiding from the central moral concern of the issue. Maybe in your next life you'll come back as a human being.

So uncertain in your position that you have to lie, douchebag?

Oh, I'm positive in my postion...

Then why do you feel the need to lie?

No lie at all.

Frankly, let's see what guys on your side have said

"It seems to me, from what I understand from doctors, that’s really rare. If it’s a legitimate rape, the female body has ways to try to shut that whole thing down." - Todd Akin (R)

"The right approach is to accept this horribly created — in the sense of rape — but nevertheless a gift in a very broken way, the gift of human life, and accept what God has given to you." Rick Santorum (R) 2012

"Rape is kinda like the weather. If it's inevitable, relax and enjoy it." - Clayton Williams (R), 1990 candidate for Texas governor who lost to Democrat Ann Richards.

“I’m as pro-life as a person gets. You’re not going to have a truce.” - Paul Ryan (R) on why abortion should be banned even in the case of rape, incest, or endangering a woman's health. When asked about jailing women for having an abortion he said, ‘If it’s illegal, it’s illegal.’”

"The abortionists have got to bear some burden for this because God will not be mocked...-- I point the finger in their face and say "you helped this happen." - Jerry Falwell on why 9/11 happened.

“Well I just haven’t heard of that being a circumstance that’s been brought to me in any personal way,” King told KMEG-TV Monday, “and I’d be open to discussion about that subject matter.” Rep. Steve King told an Iowa reporter he’s never heard of a child getting pregnant from statutory rape or incest.

You guys need to clean up your own house before you come back and talk to me.

Then why do you feel the need to lie?

No lie at all.

Frankly, let's see what guys on your side have said ...

No, let's see the GOP's official policy, which is what you claimed, you dishonest fuck.

The GOP platform calls for a ban on ALL abortions, including those performed for incest or rape.

Republicans approve platform with strict anti-abortion language - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

As Republicans across the country call on fellow Republican Todd Akin to withdraw from the Missouri Senate race over controversial comments he made on rape and abortion, the Republican Party on Tuesday quietly approved a platform that calls for a constitutional amendment banning abortion, and which does not provide exceptions for victims of rape or incest, or to save the life of the mother.

The language, which is the same as in the party's 2004 and 2008 platform, was passed on Tuesday without discussion.

The party platform states that "the unborn child has a fundamental individual right to life which cannot be infringed."

Even rape babies...

Of course, the real reality. They don't give a fuck about abortion, other than as a tool to keep stupid people like you voting against your own economic interests. Why you haven't figured this out yet is beyond me.

dancemypuppets.jpg

No lie at all.

Frankly, let's see what guys on your side have said ...

No, let's see the GOP's official policy, which is what you claimed, you dishonest fuck.

The GOP platform calls for a ban on ALL abortions, including those performed for incest or rape.

Anything there about "legitimate rape," you lying sack of shit? Do you really have so little to say and so little self-respect that you CANNOT even attempt to communicate without relying on outright lies? Anything for the 'cause,' comrade?

Anything there about "legitimate rape," you lying sack of shit? Do you really have so little to say and so little self-respect that you CANNOT even attempt to communicate without relying on outright lies? Anything for the 'cause,' comrade?

Why do you get focused on that? Your party thinks a woman should be forced by law to bear her rapist's baby. That's just fucking nutz....

All Akin did was put in blunt terms. Not that he's the only one who says insane things on this issue...

gop_rape_advisory_megachart.gif

big-family.jpg

Pictured above is a large family. Many find fault in this. Many assumptions can be made of the family pictured. 50 years ago this was normal in America. Now having one or two kids is the norm, at least among whites. Having children isn't the reason one gets married anymore. You don't need to make the commitment. Funny thing is there are reasons the old ways worked better. Pooling resources is the best way to get ahead or at least keep your head above water.

I do find fault with this family. There are way too many kids. Do you honestly believe that each child gets the individual attention and love that they need?? I don't. It's just not possible. I don't believe that financially the parents are doing the best for these children either. Not unless they have a pile of money. I'm sure they have outside help.

What is wrong with having only one or two kids?? I don't get the point of this thread at all. What point are you trying to make??

And just who the fuck are you to say?

Gee, did I hit a nerve, you rude ass??

big-family.jpg

Pictured above is a large family. Many find fault in this. Many assumptions can be made of the family pictured. 50 years ago this was normal in America. Now having one or two kids is the norm, at least among whites. Having children isn't the reason one gets married anymore. You don't need to make the commitment. Funny thing is there are reasons the old ways worked better. Pooling resources is the best way to get ahead or at least keep your head above water.

I do find fault with this family. There are way too many kids. Do you honestly believe that each child gets the individual attention and love that they need?? I don't. It's just not possible. I don't believe that financially the parents are doing the best for these children either. Not unless they have a pile of money. I'm sure they have outside help.

What is wrong with having only one or two kids?? I don't get the point of this thread at all. What point are you trying to make??

Do you know anything about this family at all? How can you judge them? My neighbor has 8 kids and they all behave better and are more successful than most other kids in this neighborhood. My parents had 5, and yes, one on one time was scarce, but it was all the more valued and cherished. I also had friends to play with all the time. And sisters to confide in when I needed to talk to someone. My older brother was my protector. I was my younger brother's protector.

I think today's families are at a real loss not having brother's and sister's and learning to get along and share with others at an early age. I think a big problem in society is the number of kids being raised without the responsibility of taking care of their younger siblings or younger cousins and so they think having a baby out of wedlock is a lark, until the baby is born.

My cousin is an only child and she has been envious of us all her life even though we were there for her as much as possible.

Read the book "Yours, Mine, and Ours." Don't watch the movie, read the book. It's a true story. Maybe you'll come away with a different viewpoint.

I think you right wingers are all friggin' nuts, I swear to God. If a person has any opinion that differs from yours you take it as a personal attack.

I stand by what I said. Two parents cannot give that many children the individual attention that they need. What are they trying to prove by having that many kids?? This brood is not a valid example of a large family.

Yes, I have followed their story and I don't agree with what they are doing.

Why do you get focused on that?

YOU focused on that, asshole. You made the original claim. And, of course, you don't have the character to face up to it. What a disgraceful failure of a human being you are.

I think you right wingers are all friggin' nuts, I swear to God.

Leaving aside the glaring hypocrisy in that exclamation...

Gosh, do you really think so? Gee, you hadn't made it clear before now that you are a far-left whacko. What a surprise! :rolleyes:

YOU focused on that, asshole. You made the original claim. And, of course, you don't have the character to face up to it. What a disgraceful failure of a human being you are.

My original claim is that when you have a crazy position on abortion, you inevitably say crazy shit as a result... a la the chart above.... I know you don't get that, but that's because you are too crazy to understand the implication.

If you make a woman's hoo-ha the property of the state, you really have to engage in that level of crazy.

My original claim is that when you have a crazy position on abortion, you inevitably say crazy shit as a result... .

No, it was not. Your original claim is right there for all to see. Still got nothing but dishonesty, comrade? Anything for the 'cause,' comrade? You gonna play tough guy some more now, comrade?

Forum List

Back