The war drums against your Social Security and Medicare benefits are faint but real.

Point being there is no SS surplus. Moron.
Ha ha seriously ? you are ignorant aren’t you.
SS as of 2021 has an accumulated surplus of $2.85 Trillion dollars. But that money is all tied up in the nations deficit because it’s in bonds. I hope you aren’t as poorly informed as you look. Read myth number 5 too. The gov has always paid it back, but you making stupid suggestions is a way of they reneging on their bond payment and collecting over funded taxes elsewhere..

Last edited:
What would you change the title to? It looks okay to me.

I agree that the Feds need to make SS & Medicare more secure.
Currently Medicare will be bankrupt in 2026 unless it is fixed.

SS wil be insolvent in 2034 paying only 70% of promised benefits unless fixed.

If Biden and democrats get their and let illegals be citizens both medicare, and social security will be dead within 1 year. They will immediately break it's back because they will all immediately line up for them.

Fifty years ago, when a lot of people I knew were drinking beer by the case, smoking weed every day, putting powder up their noses like tomorrow would never come, and inhaling Big Macs like oxygen, I was that guy running ten miles a day. I was a dues-paying member of the Steel Workers Union for twenty years and then went to work for local industry for another thirty. In those days US companies offered pensions as a lure for worker loyalty and I earned pensions from the Steel Workers as well as the non-unionized company I worked for.

Oddly, the local company I joined assigned a person to train me that was peddling cocaine right out of the back of his car in the parking lot and the top management of the company were his biggest customers. I needed the job and was raising a family, so I rolled with it. By the way, most of the users and sellers of the fairy dust are long dead. I retired a few years ago with my pensions and Social Security benefits which are quite generous since I toiled for decades at fifty hours a week. The result of my personal health choice puts me in an uncomfortable position. My mind still works clearly, and I can see that Congress is going to target people in my age group as expensive, worthless eaters.

Congress is not made up of a citizen government as the founders intended. It is composed of elite, insular, and elevated leadership that regards you and I as write offs to keep themselves rich. They are banking on the fact that you and I are too old, too weak, too alcoholic, and too drug-addled, to fight back against a government that has failed the country in ways too numerous to count. The war drums against us are faint but real. Sen Ron Johnson, a Republican, is floating the idea that Social Security and Medicare should be moved to discretionary spending which means that they could say “let them eat cake” as we are ushered into nursing homes to swallow our faces intubated on tubes and needles.

After Congress presided over the theft of our last election, they now need money to pay for things like the bad choices of others to borrow money to go to college indoctrination centers. If you allow this to stand, blame yourself.

Ha ha seriously ? you are ignorant aren’t you.
SS as of 2021 has an accumulated surplus of $2.85 Trillion dollars. But that money is all tied up in the nations deficit because it’s in bonds. I hope you aren’t as poorly informed as you look. Read myth number 5 too. The gov has always paid it back, but you making stupid suggestions is a way of they reneging on their bond payment and collecting over funded taxes elsewhere..
Good LINK!!

Now just read the next sentence from your link:
"...But the system is starting to pay out more than it takes in, largely because the retiree population is growing faster than the working population, and living longer. Without changes in how Social Security is financed, the surplus is projected to run out in 2035, according to the latest annual report from the program's trustees."

So if you're okay getting only 80% of what you worked for, fine. Otherwise SS needs to be fixed, like in 1983. Read the full article!!

Liberals are indoctrinated that it’s fair and just to take money from people who have earned things and give it to people who have not earned anything.

Good LINK!!

"...But the system is starting to pay out more than it takes in, largely because the retiree population is growing faster than the working population, and living longer. Without changes in how Social Security is financed, the surplus is projected to run out in 2035, according to the latest annual report from the program's trustees."

So if you're okay getting only 80% of what you worked for, fine. Otherwise SS needs to be fixed, like in 1983. Read the full article!!
The surplus is expected to no longer be a surplus and lying lib loons try to turn that into “out of money…no benefits” . That’s really just their vindictive wish toward people who contributed responsibly for a lifetime

Good LINK!!

Run out in 2035…..right. So your plan is to what ? Shake in your boots, cry wolf and die of fright ? Go ahead. Why weren’t you that worried in 1983.

Fifty years ago, when a lot of people I knew were drinking beer by the case, smoking weed every day, putting powder up their noses like tomorrow would never come, and inhaling Big Macs like oxygen, I was that guy running ten miles a day.

Old Man: When I was your age, there were a group of kids, who tried to get me to party with them, to run around drinking and having sex and you know what...?

Kid: You wish you had?

Old Man: EVERY DAY OF MY LIFE!

istockphoto-143071000-612x612.jpg

Run out in 2035…..right. So your plan is to what ? Shake in your boots, cry wolf and die of fright ? Go ahead. Why weren’t you that worried in 1983.
When SS was running out of money in 1983 they fixed it for 60-years.
Now its running short again and we need a slight fix so its fully funded for the next 60-years.
Its not that fucking complicated.
We paid in, and now we want what was promised, and so do the young folks paying in today.

Now its running short again and we need a slight fix so its fully funded for the next 60-years.
We paid in, and now we want what was promised, and so do the young folks paying in today.
Beautifully written and inarguable. Most here have a huge hatred for workers that aren't wealthy. Anti Americans

Has anyone ever seen a full accounting of how much was looted from SS to fund other things? Has anyone seen any interest in Washington to replace that money? After everyone has turned to dust that question will still be unresolved.

Has anyone ever seen a full accounting of how much was looted from SS to fund other things? Has anyone seen any interest in Washington to replace that money? After everyone has turned to dust that question will still be unresolved.
Here is the history of SS. Its a long read. LBJ first stole from SS. Then it was fixed, then it was stolen again, etc.

Here is the history of SS. Its a long read. LBJ first stole from SS. Then it was fixed, then it was stolen again, etc.

Thank you for posting that. You will likely not see it at the beginning of a Google search if you type in "how much is missing from SS?"

Fifty years ago, when a lot of people I knew were drinking beer by the case, smoking weed every day, putting powder up their noses like tomorrow would never come, and inhaling Big Macs like oxygen, I was that guy running ten miles a day. I was a dues-paying member of the Steel Workers Union for twenty years and then went to work for local industry for another thirty. In those days US companies offered pensions as a lure for worker loyalty and I earned pensions from the Steel Workers as well as the non-unionized company I worked for.

Oddly, the local company I joined assigned a person to train me that was peddling cocaine right out of the back of his car in the parking lot and the top management of the company were his biggest customers. I needed the job and was raising a family, so I rolled with it. By the way, most of the users and sellers of the fairy dust are long dead. I retired a few years ago with my pensions and Social Security benefits which are quite generous since I toiled for decades at fifty hours a week. The result of my personal health choice puts me in an uncomfortable position. My mind still works clearly, and I can see that Congress is going to target people in my age group as expensive, worthless eaters.

Congress is not made up of a citizen government as the founders intended. It is composed of elite, insular, and elevated leadership that regards you and I as write offs to keep themselves rich. They are banking on the fact that you and I are too old, too weak, too alcoholic, and too drug-addled, to fight back against a government that has failed the country in ways too numerous to count. The war drums against us are faint but real. Sen Ron Johnson, a Republican, is floating the idea that Social Security and Medicare should be moved to discretionary spending which means that they could say “let them eat cake” as we are ushered into nursing homes to swallow our faces intubated on tubes and needles.

After Congress presided over the theft of our last election, they now need money to pay for things like the bad choices of others to borrow money to go to college indoctrination centers. If you allow this to stand, blame yourself.

The story is 6 months old.

I have always worked under the assumption social security will not be there when I retire. While my better half just puts in the amount toward her 401K that gets her the match and then invests in the lowest risk (and returns) funds she can find, I have been doing max contributions to mine for about a decade. Of course I will drop dead a week after I retire LOL so it should work out well for the family. I also carry $1.5M-ish in life insurances with an extra $1M for accidental death, so if I don't make it, the money will still be there. Have our funeral plots and vaults already paid for although cremation is perfectly fine for me too. Basically, I am set either way to the extent we can be.
Yeah, it works great until the stock market collapses and you lose a good chunk of your 401K just like it did my 403B in 2022.

It often doesn’t need an6 dramatic fixing. The projections by the CBO are based upon the recent tax returns. In the next few years when that 3.4% unemployment bears fruit, the minimum corporate tax of 15% is realize, and in a few years when billions are saved by Medicare negotiating drug prices, the break even point could easily be moved out.

Hilarious. The repugnants keep trotting out that they’re not going to cut benefits to entitlements, then they all start talking about the need for cutting entitlements. . They are so predictable. Mainly because they have no plans to help the average American.

It often doesn’t need an6 dramatic fixing. The projections by the CBO are based upon the recent tax returns. In the next few years when that 3.4% unemployment bears fruit, the minimum corporate tax of 15% is realize, and in a few years when billions are saved by Medicare negotiating drug prices, the break even point could easily be moved out.

Hilarious. The repugnants keep trotting out that they’re not going to cut benefits to entitlements, then they all start talking about the need for cutting entitlements. . They are so predictable. Mainly because they have no plans to help the average American.
Repubs are on the wrong side of the entitlement issue.
They should just fix them and move on
Otherwise the democrats paint them as greedy bastards cutting their benefits

Forum List

Back