The walking dead season 8

Worse scene in the entire series! WTF were the writers and the episode director thinking. First, horrible CGI. The guy just disappears and no infrastructure is destroyed. Horrible. Second, how dumb can one be to fire a bazooka indoors. She would have gotten hit with blowback.

Just awful. Sums up how bad TWD has become.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Haha...that is hilarious...RPG's are essentially impact grenades, however I seriously doubt the resistance of a human body is enough to trigger the grenade. And if it did, the small distance she was standing the concussion would have knocked her on her ass as well as fragmentation wounds if not death.
But yeah - the vanishing act is the funniest.

It looked like a $10k low budget zombie movie on SyFy. Awful!

Another dreadful episode! Pure awful.

The whole Rick fighting an armored walker was done. The way he over powered every and ripped the walkers head off was like a bad Steven Seagal movie scene. Horrible. Also why would the trash crew follow him. He obviously came to them out of weakness.

Then you have Eugene’s plan to make the Walkers flee. Eugene is now the new Dale. We can all hope he dies, but since the WD sucks my guess is that they redeem him at the end. They wholeheartedly ruined his character.

Then they crash through the gates and let the walkers in. Then we are once again reminded how stupid it is that zombies being so unbelievably weak and easy to kill can take down a society, the US armed forces and even a tiger. Stupid. Only a few Saviors got killed and now Daryl just gave them a present. A way out. These writers have gotten so bad that they are making even Daryl unlikeable. If Daryl does at this point I wouldn’t care that much.

The season is over next week and that is probably when I remove it from the DVR.

As bad as TWD is now. I try to think when was it last good. Season 1 was new and fresh and the zombies were a legit threat. Season 2 got slow, but the end zombie invasion with actual human deaths was pretty good. Season 3 taking of the prison and introducing the best villain of the show - the Gov. Was pretty.

Many people didn’t like season 4 I liked it. Thought the Gov conclusion was fitting.

Season 5 started great with Terminus breakout, but quickly go bad. I believe this was the turning point. Season 6-7 we boring and meaningless and season 8 has made it unredeemable.

The whole Rick fighting an armored walker was done. The way he over powered every and ripped the walkers head off was like a bad Steven Seagal movie scene. Horrible. Also why would the trash crew follow him. He obviously came to them out of weakness.

Then you have Eugene’s plan to make the Walkers flee. Eugene is now the new Dale. We can all hope he dies, but since the WD sucks my guess is that they redeem him at the end. They wholeheartedly ruined his character.

Then they crash through the gates and let the walkers in. Then we are once again reminded how stupid it is that zombies being so unbelievably weak and easy to kill can take down a society, the US armed forces and even a tiger. Stupid. Only a few Saviors got killed and now Daryl just gave them a present. A way out. These writers have gotten so bad that they are making even Daryl unlikeable. If Daryl does at this point I wouldn’t care that much.

The season is over next week and that is probably when I remove it from the DVR.

As bad as TWD is now. I try to think when was it last good. Season 1 was new and fresh and the zombies were a legit threat. Season 2 got slow, but the end zombie invasion with actual human deaths was pretty good. Season 3 taking of the prison and introducing the best villain of the show - the Gov. Was pretty.

Many people didn’t like season 4 I liked it. Thought the Gov conclusion was fitting.

Season 5 started great with Terminus breakout, but quickly go bad. I believe this was the turning point. Season 6-7 we boring and meaningless and season 8 has made it unredeemable.

Thank goodness! Then, every time I want to talk about the Walking Dead season 8, I don't have to read your incessant whining about a show that you don't like yet tune in just to complain about on the internet. Just stop watching it now, and you should change the name of this thread to the Walking Dead Bashing Session because that is what it has turned into.

Thank goodness! Then, every time I want to talk about the Walking Dead season 8, I don't have to read your incessant whining about a show that you don't like yet tune in just to complain about on the internet. Just stop watching it now, and you should change the name of this thread to the Walking Dead Bashing Session because that is what it has turned into.

I loved the show a while back and hope it turns around. I had hit hopes for this season but it is awful. Sorry to be a downer! I tuned out FTWD and will probably do the same after the season is over. It is kinda like a train wreck. It is horrible and you want to turn away but are still look at it.

The entire Kingdom gets killed off, even the tiger, expect Jerry, Carol and The King. smh

Agreed. I've been trying to give the show every opportunity. But last night was just awful. For a show that prides itself on killing any character and surprising the audience it sure has gotten predictable.

What isn't predictable is all our favorite characters took a stupid pill. Daryl's plan makes no sense and is very un-Daryl like. Rick's trip to the trash people was a disaster - until the writers suddenly gave him kung fu skills. Did anyone really think Carl was going to die such a meaningless death? (OK, that was predictable) Michonne is confused more than ever. Didn't they all agree to a plan?

It seems to me you just need to watch episodes 1, 8, 9 and 16 to get the main gist of the entire season. Everything in the middle is unnecessary filler.

Finally, the rumored character cross-over from TWD to FTWD is just an awful idea. It's a stretch for two groups of people that far apart and in two different time periods. But then again FTWD skipped the whole pre-Zombie/societal breakdown idea and just went straight to TWD time.

Last edited:

The entire Kingdom gets killed off, even the tiger, expect Jerry, Carol and The King. smh

Agreed. I've been trying to give the show every opportunity. But last night was just awful. For a show that prides itself on killing any character and surprising the audience it sure has gotten predictable.

What isn't predictable is all our favorite characters took a stupid pill. Daryl's plan makes no sense and is very un-Daryl like. Rick's trip to the trash people was a disaster - until the writers suddenly gave him kung fu skills. Did anyone really think Carl was going to die such a meaningless death? (OK, that was predictable) Michonne is confused more than ever. Didn't they all agree to a plan?

It seems to me you just need to watch episodes 1, 8, 9 and 16 to get the main gist of the entire season. Everything in the middle is unnecessary filler.

Finally, the rumored character cross-over from TWD to FTWD is just an awful idea. It's a stretch for two groups of people that far apart and in two different time periods. But then again FTWD skipped the whole pre-Zombie/societal breakdown idea and just went straight to TWD time.

FYI: the crossover isn’t a rumor. Morgan is going to appear on FTWD. I wonder how they will explain his going coast to coast and back against for a fun time. Poor attempt to pull WD fans to a show they clearly rejected.

Exactly. When TWD hit the small screen it was so good and the storytelling was great. There was always the human antagonist element, but the zombies were a real threat. Somewhere along the line they had to stuff the show with so much fluff it started to go down.

They also promoted Negan as the shows best character that would make us forget about the late Great Governor! Yet Negan is an utter failure. The sooner they kill him the better.

This season was awful:
(1) The constant cringeworthy speeches. Every damn episode one bad speech after another.
(2) Any scene with Chandler Riggs (Carl) is awful. Get that kid some acting lessons.
(3) The constant back and forth in time replay of the assault.
(4) The brutal slow pace of all the fluff scenes in between
(5) The meaningless and implausible killing of Shiva
(6) Bringing back the garbage crew and having the stupid Rick Grimes Kung Fu master scene
(7) Bringing back Morales to only killing him within 5 mins. The guy hasn’t been seen since season 1 and fabs have been asking to see him back. The writers shock fans and bring him back to literally kill him within 5 mins! Smh
(8) Making Eugene the most hated character since Dale. He had a comical appeal to him. He went from coward to a guy with a little courage. Abe kept him alive and he is now buddies with the guy that bashed his head in. Poor choice for the writers to take his path.
(9) The obvious bad choice of Jesus keeping the Saviors, esp the A-hole one alive and feeding them when food is low.
(10) Maggie saving Gregory when he should be walker meat. How many chance does he get.

One more episode and I might be done!

Sorry ChrisL but I can rant if I choose! [emoji12]

This season seems to be about the internal conflicts of the characters. Darryl is out for revenge after being kept prisoner and tortured. Michonne is caught between who she was and who she wants to be; between the violence and killing that let her survive on her own for so long, and the normal life she is striving for. Rick.....well, Rick is Rick. Carl also seems to want to be something beyond a killer, to find redeeming qualities in himself and the world. Tara wants to make up for her mistake in not bringing up the cache of guns sooner. Eugene is struggling between doing everything for himself and actually worrying about others. Even Dwight had a similar path, going from a broken lapdog of Negan to working to bring Negan down for Rick's group.

Negan is still annoying, but hasn't been so prominent of late, which I've been happy about.

Darryl's plan may not have mattered one way or the other. Apparently Eugene came up with multiple ways to get the Saviors out.

I do wish they'd stop with the action movie style scenes. Rick's fight with the scavengers wasn't as bad as the car chase or the guy blown up by an RPG, but it had the same sort of feel, and doesn't belong in TWD.

Still a good show, but on the decline.

FYI: the crossover isn’t a rumor. Morgan is going to appear on FTWD. I wonder how they will explain his going coast to coast and back against for a fun time. Poor attempt to pull WD fans to a show they clearly rejected.

Exactly. When TWD hit the small screen it was so good and the storytelling was great. There was always the human antagonist element, but the zombies were a real threat. Somewhere along the line they had to stuff the show with so much fluff it started to go down.

They also promoted Negan as the shows best character that would make us forget about the late Great Governor! Yet Negan is an utter failure. The sooner they kill him the better.

This season was awful:
(1) The constant cringeworthy speeches. Every damn episode one bad speech after another.
(2) Any scene with Chandler Riggs (Carl) is awful. Get that kid some acting lessons.
(6) Bringing back the garbage crew and having the stupid Rick Grimes Kung Fu master scene
(7) Bringing back Morales to only killing him within 5 mins. The guy hasn’t been seen since season 1 and fabs have been asking to see him back. The writers shock fans and bring him back to literally kill him within 5 mins! Smh
(8) Making Eugene the most hated character since Dale. He had a comical appeal to him. He went from coward to a guy with a little courage. Abe kept him alive and he is now buddies with the guy that bashed his head in. Poor choice for the writers to take his path.
(9) The obvious bad choice of Jesus keeping the Saviors, esp the A-hole one alive and feeding them when food is low.
(10) Maggie saving Gregory when he should be walker meat. How many chance does he get.

Agree, agree and agree!

However, I can't see watching 8 seasons and then not knowing what happens with these characters. I'll continue to DVR the show and then watch on my free time when I can fast forward through the commercials. I'm just hoping whenever he series finale comes it has some sort of story ending.

I'm starting to think the best thing for TV shows is to do a set amount of seasons from the beginning. I just recently watched Bates Motel and apparently the plan from the start was 5 seasons of 10 episodes each. The show moved at a good pace and had very little filler. Same thing with The Stranger Things on Netflix. That show was two seasons with even less episodes. It feels like with Walking Dead they're just milking a cash cow now. So the creativity and pace have gone down. Anyway, just my 2 cents.

The show got incredibly boring about 3 seasons ago when Negan was introduced, with his overacting and endless monologues. Hell, i knew that it had jumped the shark when Hershel's leg mysteriously grew back! I just fast forward through most of it now, out of habit.

This season was awful:

It is still one of the better shows, and THAT is why you keep watching it. Obviously you don't hate it as much as you say you do because you are still watching. That goes for everyone else too, not just you. You don't watch a show if you hate it.

I kind of like Fear The Walking Dead now too. It's gotten a lot better since they got rid of Travis, IMO. I was never really crazy about his character.

I liked Travis! I thought some of the shows best story lines were the tension between Travis and Chris. Now both are gone. Madison is like the female version of Shane. She was born for this. I really wish they would have slowed down and stayed with the pre-apocalypse longer. I thought the beginning of all this was pretty interesting. But they almost fast forwarded to TWD timeline.

I kind of like Fear The Walking Dead now too. It's gotten a lot better since they got rid of Travis, IMO. I was never really crazy about his character.

I liked Travis! I thought some of the shows best story lines were the tension between Travis and Chris. Now both are gone. Madison is like the female version of Shane. She was born for this. I really wish they would have slowed down and stayed with the pre-apocalypse longer. I thought the beginning of all this was pretty interesting. But they almost fast forwarded to TWD timeline.

I just never really latched on to his character. He just seemed so wishy washy (except for the time when he beat up those punks who killed Chris). He was just kind of boring, IMO.

I like Madison. She's a bad ass. That's how you would have to be to survive in a post apocalyptic world. Survival of the fittest and the toughest.

Ummm did I have my auto screen shut off on the whole finale episode?
I'M supposed to know what's going on just by the audio portion, cause I couldn't see anything in that darkness.

I'M supposed to know what's going on just by the audio portion, cause I couldn't see anything in that darkness.

I could see it. Maybe something is wrong with your screen? It was a good episode too. Although I am starting to get annoyed with Rick because he seems to ALWAYS lose the battle with Negan. He goes from whipping butts with his hands tied and hitting people with a zombie, to getting his butt kicked by Negan. I would think he would put up a bit more of a fight, TBH.

I could see it. Maybe something is wrong with your screen? It was a good episode too. Although I am starting to get annoyed with Rick because he seems to ALWAYS lose the battle with Negan. He goes from whipping butts with his hands tied and hitting people with a zombie, to getting his butt kicked by Negan. I would think he would put up a bit more of a fight, TBH.

It was actually not a bad episode. Was that good though. I liked how they had the Saviors hit back in coordinated attacks. But serious huge gaps in the episode:
(1) A little P.C. bullshit having the fat Muslim girl easily knock down a full grown man. Very stupid scene, but everything has to be P.C. nowadays.
(2) The Jerry scene crash in the car made no sense timewise, but this show never made sense.
(3) Why did the Hilltop turn and stop themselves from getting surrounded? They just sat in the cars like cool run around us.
(4) The irony of Tara so gung-ho against Dwight. She was part of the Gov crew that took down the prison, killed Herschel and many others at the prison. She did nothing at that point for redemption, yet Glenn took her in. To the contrary, Dwight has proven himself 10x over.

In case someone hasn't watched yet, I don't want to ruin the end.

I am SO sad about Carl!!! :(

He actually had a pretty good episode. His first one ever. I liked how he took charge and offered himself as the sacrifice. When it was him that the writers chose, I was shocked, but really not that upset.

Forum List

Back