The walking dead season 8

GHook93

Aristotle
Apr 22, 2007
Chicago
I think it is safe to say this show jumped the shark a little while ago. It is still entertaining, but not a great show anymore.

The opening speeches the rally the troops was so cheesy it was cringe-worthy. I nearly shut it off. However Rick’s plan and how they executed it was pretty cool. I enjoyed that.

Then they try to claim Maggie is still on the first trimester and Judith is now 4-5 yrs old?!?!?!?!? Poor writing to say the least.

Who didn’t predict that Gregory would double cross Gabe? Stupid writing. Then Gabe ends up in a trailer with Negan. Um why didn’t Gabe shoot him and end the war? Bad writing all he way around.

I also can’t determine if Negan is just a horrible character or while Morgan has just played him horribly.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

For what it is, a TV show its fine. And it lasted the zombie craze to. FEAR though, just sucks. I mean, you got this blond chick and her daughter who just jump in every place and take over. I mean, in a world without law this just wouldn't happen. I'm thinking that's why the crossover.

For what it is, a TV show its fine. And it lasted the zombie craze to. FEAR though, just sucks. I mean, you got this blond chick and her daughter who just jump in every place and take over. I mean, in a world without law this just wouldn't happen. I'm thinking that's why the crossover.

I stopped watching FWD when they just took in Ofelia and allowed her to poison them so easily. Too predictable and stupid.

I stopped watching FWD when they just took in Ofelia and allowed her to poison them so easily. Too predictable and stupid.

It is better than Walking Dead right now.

At least John Proctor is a competent villain.

The shows were written by kooky liberals for kooky liberals.

They don't understand that chivalry would be one of the first things to go in that type of environment.

Daniel Salazar is the only reason to watch that show.

I think it is safe to say this show jumped the shark a little while ago. It is still entertaining, but not a great show anymore.

The opening speeches the rally the troops was so cheesy it was cringe-worthy. I nearly shut it off. However Rick’s plan and how they executed it was pretty cool. I enjoyed that.

Then they try to claim Maggie is still on the first trimester and Judith is now 4-5 yrs old?!?!?!?!? Poor writing to say the least.

Who didn’t predict that Gregory would double cross Gabe? Stupid writing. Then Gabe ends up in a trailer with Negan. Um why didn’t Gabe shoot him and end the war? Bad writing all he way around.

I also can’t determine if Negan is just a horrible character or while Morgan has just played him horribly.

They weren't saying that Judith is now 4-5. That was just Rick's imagining of a better future.

The speeches at the beginning were pretty bad. Very contrived.

Gabriel is still the kind of naive character who has faith in the goodness of other people, at least compared to the others.

What bothered me most is that the last season was basically a build-up to this battle between Rick's group and the Saviors, and then it was shoved so quickly into this first episode. It seemed to me as though the writers wanted to get it out of the way as quickly as possible.

I don’t think so. FTWD doesn’t have one likable character or someone to root for. TWD has Daryl, Carol, Rick, Morgan, Jesus and the King.

The shows were written by kooky liberals for kooky liberals.

They don't understand that chivalry would be one of the first things to go in that type of environment.

Daniel Salazar is the only reason to watch that show.

Salazar is the character I loathe the most. Great actor, but horrible character.

I don’t think so. FTWD doesn’t have one likable character or someone to root for. TWD has Daryl, Carol, Rick, Morgan, Jesus and the King.

I think Madison is fairly likeable. Salazar has his moments as well. FTWD is still very much the weaker show, but it has improved, while TWD has been on the decline. Eventually, they might even out. :p

Pretty good episode, except for the back and forth between Tara and Jesus (stupid, predictable and filler for lost space).

***spoiler***

Seriously that is how you bring Morales back. You make him one of the Saviors and an all around piece of shit. We waited since season 1 for his return and we now wish he gets smoked by Daryl!

Oh and Jesus’s keeping the Savior prisoners alive, because in post-apocalypse genre that also backfires and on this show that has been played out over and over and over and over again to the point of lazy writers not having any new ideas.

Pretty good episode, except for the back and forth between Tara and Jesus (stupid, predictable and filler for lost space).

***spoiler***

Seriously that is how you bring Morales back. You make him one of the Saviors and an all around piece of shit. We waited since season 1 for his return and we now wish he gets smoked by Daryl!

I don't remember Morales at all lol. :)

***spoiler***

I don't remember Morales at all lol. :)

He was the father in the Mexican family during the first 3 or 4 episodes of season 1. He left with his family to somewhere, I can’t remember.

My guess is episode 3 will give the Morales back story.

Both shows are welcome brainless fodder. I try not to delve too much into the inconsistencies, even though it hits me like a sledgehammer in my face sometimes. I recognize both as something that can be fun to watch at times, in between the groans of stupidity that both shows present.

For TWD, I wonder how long they're going to keep up this battle on the TV show and keep it interesting. I understand the comics are different, but for the TV show, there can't be too many seasons of this war before they move on, or end. Like GoT, they have to go past the books/comics even if it means going on a totally different arc independent of the source material. The actors need to move on to different and greater things, and slowly become too expensive to keep on board. It has to come to a conclusion in the next 1-2 seasons, is my guess. 10 seasons max.

For FTWD, Alicia is the only reason to keep tuning in! She's hot, but I kid, and it has gotten better after a poorer season 2. The mom is a pain in the butt, and a likely candidate to be offed now that Alicia and Nick have shown they can lead without her. I love Daniel, and think he should be the leader of the whole bunch.

But I think that both shows would benefit from going back to their roots, where they were surviving on their own, and not being part of corrupted communities with less and less likable villains. Go back a little to "Survivorman" life, instead of community drama. But then, the shows would never end, and they have to come to a conclusion.

So again, they're brainless fodder that I enjoy, and try not to think about too much afterwards so as not to spoil it for myself.

TWD declined in quality two seasons ago.
Once an avid fan, I lost interest when the show was obviously "cashing in" by dragging out the story line with soap opera-ish wasted episodes...and meaningless dialog scenes.
We watched not quite half of last season and quit.
This season we watched the first episode, and about 2/3 the second and quit.
It's boring. It's cheesy. The shootout scene where everybody is unloading 1000's of rounds at each other yet few people are getting hit was enough.
I seriously doubt we return to the show for good.
It's "Lost" round 2.

Once an avid fan, I lost interest when the show was obviously "cashing in" by dragging out the story line with soap opera-ish wasted episodes...and meaningless dialog scenes.
It's boring. It's cheesy. The shootout scene where everybody is unloading 1000's of rounds at each other yet few people are getting hit was enough.
It's "Lost" round 2.

How does TWD compare to Lost, of all shows?

It's "Lost" round 2.

Only in how it started out a really good series...to eventually become one of the worst

It's "Lost" round 2.

Only in how it started out a really good series...to eventually become one of the worst

I don't think TWD is anything close to one of the worst. There are tons of horrible shows, TWD is still one of the better ones being broadcast. Lost also went bad pretty quickly, although, again, it remained higher quality than a lot of shows even as it got worse.

It's "Lost" round 2.

One of the worst? No way. It has gone down but is still entertaining

New Topics

Forum List

Back