The view from LONDON...democracy doesnt work in the US.

Don't worry about this dickhead, Navy. There are a few like him in my country but they are easily recognised by their oversized mouths, the knuckles that drag the ground and the yellow stripe that runs down their back.

As you can tell from his post, we have our share of dumb people. They're the ones whose mouths start up before the brain (what little there is), is engaged. They also have a rather unique birth defect. They defecate through their mouth and speak through their arse.

Not every attractive group of people either (other than Princess Diana). And stuffy, elitist. They've always thought they were better than everyone else. Pompous asses.

Lets just appoint some horse faced jug eared royal who fantasizes about being a tampax as our future king. Oh, that's right England beat us to that prize. (booby prize is more like it)

There's one contest we Yanks will let you win. To the victor go the spoils and all that rot.

Cheerio

Last edited:
Don't worry about this dickhead, Navy. There are a few like him in my country but they are easily recognised by their oversized mouths, the knuckles that drag the ground and the yellow stripe that runs down their back.

As you can tell from his post, we have our share of dumb people. They're the ones whose mouths start up before the brain (what little there is), is engaged. They also have a rather unique birth defect. They defecate through their mouth and speak through their arse.

Well I don't worry about self indulgent FUBAR's like him Bootneck trust me. I am very aware the type is not just native to Great Britian. I was simply trying to let the poor man know that your country is as committed as we are in ridding the world of the human slime that kills innocent people to further their warped cause and the ultimate commitments paid to do so. It's why I wanted him to pick up a book, and then make a difference there like many in the UK already are. I suppose though, rather than make that difference though , this person is the type who would rather sit in a chair and enjoy the benifits that his countrymen have given him with blood on the battlefields and then turn around and without ever having made one single commitment himself make light of the United States for what he preceives are short commings.

I'm so sorry it was contageous. :eek:

But I promise it wasn't my fault. :eusa_angel:

It was always going to happen. I mean, when we set up or Commonwealth in 1901 we based the upper house of our parliament on the US Senate while we based the lower hous on the UK House of Commons. We're derivative - but pragmatic :D

Well I don't worry about self indulgent FUBAR's like him Bootneck trust me. I am very aware the type is not just native to Great Britian. I was simply trying to let the poor man know that your country is as committed as we are in ridding the world of the human slime that kills innocent people to further their warped cause and the ultimate commitments paid to do so. It's why I wanted him to pick up a book, and then make a difference there like many in the UK already are. I suppose though, rather than make that difference though , this person is the type who would rather sit in a chair and enjoy the benifits that his countrymen have given him with blood on the battlefields and then turn around and without ever having made one single commitment himself make light of the United States for what he preceives are short commings.

You talk about your armed services massacring 100,000s of innocent women and children from a cowardly distance? I dont blame them.... surely they were just carrying out their orders?

Navy1960 i really hope that you are not 48 years of age and fell for the "war on terror"??? oh dear, there really is no hope for the United states of gullibles.

The US doesnt fight anymore... they bomb and hide.

Operation shock and awe..hahah.. Operation bomb and hide.

When everyone is dead... we may, just may show our heads.

Cant believe that grown men and women actually fell for that Bushteam "war on terror"... it literally baffles the mind ... how gullible americans really are.

Because the US is based upon an archaic system since WW2 .. of a huge industrial military complex (completely obselete in the modern world)..it needs to INVENT enemies and CREATE wars.

This is why there was an intentional campaign to dumb down vast swathes of the US public...to make it easy to INVENT enemies... after all no americans have ever travelled..so its very easy to create myths about big bad foreigners.

genius really.

The view from London and perhaps most of Europe is that the US is split right down the middle.

The US is a dichotomy in many areas... most notably... it has an educated minority and a vast swathe of uneducated masses in the midwest and south.

Generally speaking, am i correct in assuming that the Democrat voters tend to be educated and reasonable and the Republican voters tend to be brainwashed religious nuts who are very easily manipulated..by such inventions as the "war on terror" (only believed in the US)....ohhhh be very afraid of the big bad terrorist..only a backward simpleton like GW can protect you!

Are you serious? I couldn't find studies on this that were both national and without built-in push-questions trying to get the answer they wanted. The polls taken regarding a specific election are not accurate for generalization and only apply to a specific election. But I did find a study regarding Arkansas -which I think is a fine example of who is more likely to be a Democrat or Republican. It is not done with regard to any particular election and probably applies to quite a few states.

In this study: among Republicans, 39% are college graduates while only 23% of Democrats are college graduates.
new-www3.uark.edu/ARKPoll/1999/Special%20Report%203.doc

Your assumption that the south is largely uneducated is total bs. The demographics have sharply changed in the south with massive influxes of educated northerners. So it isn't more uneducated than before -the south is far more educated than before and it is also why it is no longer strongly Democrat.

Studies have been published several times in the past that among those in both parties with no college education, Republicans are twice as likely to have a high school diploma than Democrats. And given the fact that in Hollywood the most vocal and strident celebrities "wisely" lecturing all the rest of us to vote for the Democrat -are far more likely to be high school drop-outs than not, it backs that up. I think it would be more accurate to say that the Democrat party is composed largely of lawyers and those with the least education among us. And very little in between.

Use some common sense. Given who Democrats consider to be their core constituents, the groups they promise government handouts in exchange for their vote, the same groups that consistently vote Democrat time after time -how could you keep a straight face while pretending that Democrats are somehow significantly more educated than Republicans? If Democrats were better educated, then why would Democrat politicians think there was a need to try and bribe them with more government entitlements in the first place? You think more educated people have this burning desire for government entitlements and a nanny government while forfeiting more of their own self-determination, independence and forking over a whole lot more of their own money to the government or what? You think that's what education does to a person? LOL

In addition, (and I've seen several polls regarding this as well) Republicans tend to be happier and more likely to report they have a very good sex life compared to Democrats. When polls control for household income that same gap exists all up the income line. Poor Republicans are happier than poor Democrats, middle class Republicans are happier than middle class Democrats and rich Republicans are happier than rich Democrats.

A Gallup poll showed that while 58% of Republicans report their mental health to be excellent, only 38% of Democrats do. Democrats were also twice as likely to report their mental health to be "fair" or "poor" compared to Republicans. And just in case these numbers were being skewed by income, education, marital status, religion etc. - after controlling for all these other outside factors, it was unchanged. Which means that either being a Republican has a positive impact on mental health compared to being a Democrat -or people in better mental health are more likely to be Republican in the first place. I know which way I'm leaning on that one.
RealClearPolitics - Articles - Is Being A Democrat Bad For Your Mental Health?

So maybe you should change your working theory. Otherwise if you really believe that Democrats are more educated than Republicans -then based on polls regarding happiness and mental health, it would be valid to argue that more education makes a person more unhappy, more mentally unstable, with a much worse sex life and more likely to want a faceless bureaucracy populated by total strangers to take care of them all their lives.

I think its the height of arrogance to assume that educated people are more likely to want higher taxes, keep less of their own money, big government and big spending as if its some magical entity that is all-knowing and always the only possible solution to any given problem. Pretending government is a magical, all knowing entity is a liberal thing but not an educated thing. Educated people are more likely to realize that government is no such thing and its just OTHER PEOPLE -total strangers who are nearly impossible to fire no matter how incompetent they are. Total strangers with no special magical powers and who can't possibly know what is in your best interests more than you do yourself.

Republicans tend to be more educated, happier with their personal lives, in better mental health and more satisfied with their sex lives than Democrats. In fact, it sounds like being a Democrat is a real hell on earth.

It is a fair argument. I would agree that education and thinking can lead to more complexity and indeed unhappiness.

If only the rest of us could be as limited and unthinking and just grasp a fairytale such as adam and eve, jesus or snow white and stop thinking for ourselves... life would seem much easier and we wouldnt need to worry about death because snow white would be there to meet us.

Unfortunately intelligent, free thinking people face REALITY... if only we could hide our heads in the sand like thick americans... perhaps we would be happier?

Its not much of a democracy anyway...but i believe that the US needs a much more totalitarian system until there is a concerted program of education for the thickoes of the south and midwest.

Until the fundamental nutters are debrainwashed... the US cannot exist as a democracy.

How can you give votes to people who believe in adam and eve? I mean really! We didnt give the uneducated people the vote in the UK hundreds of years ago...but once education was offered to all..eventually we allowed them to vote.

When the US has similarly developed like the rest of the world.. they should then allow one man, one vote.

In otherwords, the people arent buying the nonsense you are peddling so you want them to be reeducated in your image because apparently you know far better what they need in their lives than they do.

Let me guess, you also believe that man is responsible for global warming despite the tempature going down the past decade. And that the rest of us are just too stupid to see how the rising tempature will cause the next ice age.

Cant believe that grown men and women actually fell for that Bushteam "war on terror"... it literally baffles the mind ... how gullible americans really are.

I'm trying not to be too insulting here -but what a dumbass ignorant statement. Since you think first bombing in order to soften up the enemy before sending in troops is somehow "unfair", I'll bet you also think its "unfair" that the US fired on retreating enemy forces too instead of allowing them to re-troop, re-supply and re-gain strength to fight another day. Why not change the Geneva Conventions then where it says the only way for the forces of one side to no longer be viable military targets is either to be so seriously wounded as to be totally incapable of fighting at all -or surrender. Retreat doesn't count and never takes the target off the back.

Militaries do not needlessly risk the lives of their own against the enemy until first trying to get rid of as many of the enemy with as little risk to their own soldiers' lives as possible. We have the military strength and technology to do just that. It is OUR soldiers' lives our military believes is most valuable here -not the other side's soldiers. And the families of our soldiers would be pretty pissed off if our military didn't believe that and instead needlessly risked their lives. Any military that needlessly risked the lives of their own soldiers' when they have the ability, technology, strategies and goals that do not require it -considers them to be nothing but disposable fodder and of no real value anyway.

Since the whole point of war is to kill off as many of the other side until they surrender, you are actually whining because our military doesn't needlessly put more of our soldiers' lives at risk? You must be a liberal.

Why not apply for a job as a military strategist, ok? And explain why there must be a much greater loss of life of our own soldiers if we are going to fight a war because it just isn't FAIR to use our superior military strength to try and minimize the losses of our own side during war. ROFL

It is a fair argument. I would agree that education and thinking can lead to more complexity and indeed unhappiness.

If only the rest of us could be as limited and unthinking and just grasp a fairytale such as adam and eve, jesus or snow white and stop thinking for ourselves... life would seem much easier and we wouldnt need to worry about death because snow white would be there to meet us.

Unfortunately intelligent, free thinking people face REALITY... if only we could hide our heads in the sand like thick americans... perhaps we would be happier?

Reality? is that what you call expecting government to provide you something for nothing?

There is a natural law: In order to get something, someone has to work for it.

When you continually punish those who work for things, they will stop producing things.

But never mind reality. You can continue believing government will solve all of lifes problems. The rest of us will simply continue fighting you to keep you from ending our economic futures. We will not become your slaves simply because you decide you are smarter than the rest of us.

If the only way your ideas succeed is to force them on others, than they arent very good ideas and you are either not that smart or just plain ruthless.

This conjunction of an immense military establishment and a large arms industry is new in the American experience. The total influence -- economic, political, even spiritual -- is felt in every city, every State house, every office of the Federal government. We recognize the imperative need for this development. Yet we must not fail to comprehend its grave implications. Our toil, resources and livelihood are all involved; so is the very structure of our society.

In the councils of government, we must guard against the acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought, by the militaryindustrial complex. The potential for the disastrous rise of misplaced power exists and will persist.

We must never let the weight of this combination endanger our liberties or democratic processes. We should take nothing for granted. Only an alert and knowledgeable citizenry can compel the proper meshing of the huge industrial and military machinery of defense with our peaceful methods and goals, so that security and liberty may prosper together.

Akin to, and largely responsible for the sweeping changes in our industrial-military posture, has been the technological revolution during recent decades.

In this revolution, research has become central; it also becomes more formalized, complex, and costly. A steadily increasing share is conducted for, by, or at the direction of, the Federal government.

Today, the solitary inventor, tinkering in his shop, has been overshadowed by task forces of scientists in laboratories and testing fields. In the same fashion, the free university, historically the fountainhead of free ideas and scientific discovery, has experienced a revolution in the conduct of research. Partly because of the huge costs involved, a government contract becomes virtually a substitute for intellectual curiosity. For every old blackboard there are now hundreds of new electronic computers.

The prospect of domination of the nation's scholars by Federal employment, project allocations, and the power of money is ever present

and is gravely to be regarded.

I'm trying not to be too insulting here -but what a dumbass ignorant statement. Since you think first bombing in order to soften up the enemy before sending in troops is somehow "unfair", I'll bet you also think its "unfair" that the US fired on retreating enemy forces too instead of allowing them to re-troop, re-supply and re-gain strength to fight another day. Why not change the Geneva Conventions then where it says the only way for the forces of one side to no longer be viable military targets is either to be so seriously wounded as to be totally incapable of fighting at all -or surrender. Retreat doesn't count and never takes the target off the back.

Militaries do not needlessly risk the lives of their own against the enemy until first trying to get rid of as many of the enemy with as little risk to their own soldiers' lives as possible. We have the military strength and technology to do just that. It is OUR soldiers' lives our military believes is most valuable here -not the other side's soldiers. And the families of our soldiers would be pretty pissed off if our military didn't believe that and instead needlessly risked their lives. Any military that needlessly risked the lives of their own soldiers' when they have the ability, technology, strategies and goals that do not require it -considers them to be nothing but disposable fodder and of no real value anyway.

Since the whole point of war is to kill off as many of the other side until they surrender, you are actually whining because our military doesn't needlessly put more of our soldiers' lives at risk? You must be a liberal.

Why not apply for a job as a military strategist, ok? And explain why there must be a much greater loss of life of our own soldiers if we are going to fight a war because it just isn't FAIR to use our superior military strength to try and minimize the losses of our own side during war. ROFL

Actually i am saying that Americans are pure cowards....they would rather waste 100,000s of innocent women and children ... then fight against opposing armies.

Anyway this was a fake war ..so there was no enemy....as you well know.

Because the US is based upon an archaic system since WW2 .. of a huge industrial military complex (completely obselete in the modern world)..it needs to INVENT enemies and CREATE wars.

This is why there was an intentional campaign to dumb down vast swathes of the US public...to make it easy to INVENT enemies... after all no americans have ever travelled..so its very easy to create myths about big bad foreigners.

genius really.

Really, we don't fight, we hide? Tell that to the over 4,000 families that lost a loved one over there.

Reality? is that what you call expecting government to provide you something for nothing?

There is a natural law: In order to get something, someone has to work for it.

When you continually punish those who work for things, they will stop producing things.

But never mind reality. You can continue believing government will solve all of lifes problems. The rest of us will simply continue fighting you to keep you from ending our economic futures. We will not become your slaves simply because you decide you are smarter than the rest of us.

If the only way your ideas succeed is to force them on others, than they arent very good ideas and you are either not that smart or just plain ruthless.

What were adam and eve's children's names? Did they have any daughters and were they black or chinese?

In otherwords, the people arent buying the nonsense you are peddling so you want them to be reeducated in your image because apparently you know far better what they need in their lives than they do.

Let me guess, you also believe that man is responsible for global warming despite the tempature going down the past decade. And that the rest of us are just too stupid to see how the rising tempature will cause the next ice age.

I am not peddling any nonsense...merely observing and wondering why the US is the only supposedly first world country with so many third world stone age beliefs. It can only be a concerted government control program to keep the masses stupid and unquestioning and unthinking.

Really, we don't fight, we hide? Tell that to the over 4,000 families that lost a loved one over there.

Public opinion doesnt allow the US to fight...not since Vietnam... that is why the US military is a phantom joke around the world.... and countries laugh at it. The US can have as strong a military as it likes...but it cannot take control of any reasonable sized country without massive loss of life....and the US public will never accept that.

It can however bomb and hide...as it did in Iraq...but that wont gain control of the country... it will merely destroy alot of infrastructure...which the US industrial military machine will then mop up in huge rebuilding contracts.

War on terror my a$$.

Forum List

Back