The view from LONDON...democracy doesnt work in the US.

Public opinion doesnt allow the US to fight...not since Vietnam... that is why the US military is a phantom joke around the world.... and countries laugh at it. The US can have as strong a military as it likes...but it cannot take control of any reasonable sized country without massive loss of life....and the US public will never accept that.

It can however bomb and hide...as it did in Iraq...but that wont gain control of the country... it will merely destroy alot of infrastructure...which the US industrial military machine will then mop up in huge rebuilding contracts.

War on terror my a$$.

Thank you Mr. Collins for giving me some wonderful entertainment, and here I thought that Benny Hill was off the Air. At first , I thought to get upset with you, but you know, after giving it some thought, I came to the conclusion, you really are just not happy in the UK and don't like freedom. That's fine, really, you know why? there is always a soultion to every problem, I heard that Vlad over there in mother Russia is starting the club back up, maybe you can go apply for membership? and fall back into the loving arms of that wonderful system invented by that drunk german one night after hoisting too many beer steins * Karl Marx*. However, I won't humor your comments about the US Military, because I am sure you don't know the first thing about , duty, honor, country, and courage so it would be useless to lecture you on them. However, there is hope for you, as I had said earlier, go to Cambridge, it's a humbling experience and , who know from there you may get an appreciation of just how much both the United States and your countrymen have given in blood to give you the ability to sit there from London and cast your little opinions on others.

I am not peddling any nonsense...merely observing and wondering why the US is the only supposedly first world country with so many third world stone age beliefs. It can only be a concerted government control program to keep the masses stupid and unquestioning and unthinking.

Probably not. Perhaps the religiosity of Americans can be traced back to the settlers who were fleeing religious persecution in England and later the rest of Europe. I would think it would take immense courage and very deep belief to put your trust in your religious beliefs and trust in your God, to sail across the Atlantic and settle in a strange country. I know I'm being a bit simplistic but those who had that courage and that belief would have had them in spades and would have passed them down to their children by teaching them those beliefs. Just an idea, probably wrong, but an idea.

I am not peddling any nonsense...merely observing and wondering why the US is the only supposedly first world country with so many third world stone age beliefs. It can only be a concerted government control program to keep the masses stupid and unquestioning and unthinking.

this from a guy whose own politicians say Sharia law will inevitably become part of British law

Sharia will 'inevitably' become part of British law, says barrister - Telegraph

talk about stone age beliefs.

Islamic Law, known as "Shariah": primary source of persecution of Christians.

Thank you Mr. Collins for giving me some wonderful entertainment, and here I thought that Benny Hill was off the Air. At first , I thought to get upset with you, but you know, after giving it some thought, I came to the conclusion, you really are just not happy in the UK and don't like freedom. That's fine, really, you know why? there is always a soultion to every problem, I heard that Vlad over there in mother Russia is starting the club back up, maybe you can go apply for membership? and fall back into the loving arms of that wonderful system invented by that drunk german one night after hoisting too many beer steins * Karl Marx*. However, I won't humor your comments about the US Military, because I am sure you don't know the first thing about , duty, honor, country, and courage so it would be useless to lecture you on them. However, there is hope for you, as I had said earlier, go to Cambridge, it's a humbling experience and , who know from there you may get an appreciation of just how much both the United States and your countrymen have given in blood to give you the ability to sit there from London and cast your little opinions on others.

BEnny hill...hahaha...sums you up. It was never popular in the UK..and only on tv here in the 1970s... it was however the only braindead slapstick comedy that was ever appreciated in the US... any of the intelligent regular British comedy would no doubt have flopped in the United states of adam and eve.

this from a guy whose own politicians say Sharia law will inevitably become part of British law

Sorry mate... but there is NO religion of any sort in the UK or Europe... and there never will be again.

Education ensures that all religion dies.

One day... possibly in 50-100 years.. when americans get education for all and not just those in power..religion will die also. Religion is a tool merely to control the peasants.

You really believe that the presidential candidates have any belief in religion? they are just blah blah ing for the masses of uneducated religious freaks in the US...

Parts of it might be incorporated into English law but it will probably be like the code in Sri Lanka where it applies only to Moslems and only where it doesn't conflict with secular law.

Sorry mate... but there is NO religion of any sort in the UK or Europe... and there never will be again.

One day... possibly in 50-100 years.. when americans get education for all and not just those in power..religion will die also. Religion is a tool merely to control the peasants.

You really believe that the presidential candidates have any belief in religion? they are just blah blah ing for the masses of uneducated religious freaks in the US...
now that is a completely moronic post
why? you ask, becausae all i have to say is Vatican City to prove you wrong
have a nice day

now that is a completely moronic post
why? you ask, becausae all i have to say is Vatican City to prove you wrong
have a nice day

Its beautiful isn't it? Or haven't you been there?

Beautiful tourist attraction.

Religion has ZERO influence on european politics. We are all secular societies and will remain so, unless there is a mass regression to the sixteenth century...as there appears to have been in the US.

I shall repeat... ALL RELIGION dies with education.

There is NO religion in europe.
...unless you count the traditional, spiritual, personal hobby that a few people have and never seek to enforce upon others?...thats kind of cute and very harmless.... and as i said the churches in Italy (where i lived for 5 years amongst numerous other nations) are utterly amazing. Didnt however meet one italian in those 5 years who was religious... just as i never did in france or the UK. Ireland was a little different due to irish vs british (never a religious war) nationalism... but that is now only for the over 50s.

Last edited:
Its beautiful isn't it? Or haven't you been there?

Beautiful tourist attraction.

Religion has ZERO influence on european politics. We are all secular societies and will remain so, unless there is a mass regression to the sixteenth century...as there appears to have been in the US.

I shall repeat... ALL RELIGION dies with education.

There is NO religion in europe.
...unless you count the traditional, spiritual, personal hobby that a few people have and never seek to enforce upon others?...thats kind of cute and very harmless.... and as i said the churches in Italy (where i lived for 5 years amongst numerous other nations) are utterly amazing. Didnt however meet one italian in those 5 years who was religious... just as i never did in france or the UK. Ireland was a little different due to irish vs british (never a religious war) nationalism... but that is now only for the over 50s.
and i say you are full of SHIT

Really? Tell that to your growing Muslim population.

you make it too easy. You see all i have to do is find just one educated person that believes in god to disprove your statement

I'll bet you 5 Euros i can find more. You in?

Well maybe an elitist still calls people peasants but we don't call any of our citizens that. And religion is only a tool to control the masses when the government sponsors it.

BTW before you start calling me a religious nut, I want to tell you that i have absolutely no religious affiliations, nor do i believe in god.

Of course not. But are you really so naive to think that anything a politician does is rooted in their beliefs?

Interesting point about a government sponsored religion. But there's a paradox. In the UK (I'm being careful here because I know that Scotland has self government now and Wales has a form of legislature I think) there is a state religion but in politics religion just doesn't feature (although Tony Blair waited until after he quit politics before he converted to Roman Catholicism, don't know why). I think the Brits are turned off religion in politics and don't give a stuff what someone's religion is or if they don't have one.

In the US there is no state religion but the religion of every candidate for office is a very hot topic. I think Bernie Sanders might be the only politician in Congress who is an atheist. I can't see an agnostic, let alone, an atheist and certainly not a non-Christian getting to be president.

I have to admit, I find that paradoxical.

There is no chance a reading or writing test will be made in regards voting. It was done already and ruled Unconstitutional. Why? Because it had as it's sole purpose the means to deny undesirables ( like blacks in the south) the right to vote.

Yes, that is the sad history of a literacy testing to vote. Of couse illiterate Whites were given a pass, often, while Blacks were not.

Everyone votes or we create a system that is no longer what the Constitution protects. I can not believe you guys actually think such a system would be good, do a little research.

I am not a slavish admirer of every aspect of the Constitution, but I'm not sure you understand what the founders had in mind, either.

As I recall, in most states at the time, you not only had to be an adult male, you also had to be a property owner and taxpayer to vote, too.

Now I do not advocate that we go back to that system that was in place when the founding fathers were alive, but doing something to eliminate the abuse of voting by partisans herding retards is something I DO believe we ought to be doing.

I really do not think drooling imbeciles should be able to vote.

If you seen as many buses of mental defectives as I have brought to the polls, coming under the care of both Republican and Democratic idiot herders, you might reconsider your position.

Perhaps when you've seen people who were retarded herded into the polling station with obvious partisans helping them vote for the right guy "And then we'll have a snack!" as I have, possible then you'll understand why I am motivated to call for some basic test of competence before voting.

It doesn't even have to be a reading test. I am perfectly aware that there are intelligent people (some dyslexics for example) who cannot read, but who can understand issues and candidates just as well as you or I do.

But honestly...serverely mental retard people being herded into vote, and told how to vote, too, by political operatives, too?

That offends me on behalf of the democratic process.

You can bet your ass when the founding fathers were alive no obvious mentally defective people were voting

|And it probably never occurred to the founding fathers (given that the states controlled who voted anyway) to think they'd ever HAVE to mention in the constitution: "Oh, and by the way? Don't let retards vote"

That's not in our Constitution (I think) because they couldn't possibly imagine that they'd EVER need to say something so drop dead obvious.

Last edited:
BEnny hill...hahaha...sums you up. It was never popular in the UK..and only on tv here in the 1970s... it was however the only braindead slapstick comedy that was ever appreciated in the US... any of the intelligent regular British comedy would no doubt have flopped in the United states of adam and eve.

You are, of course, perfectly entitled to give your opinions, but when those opinions are in direct contravention of the facts, you simply demonstrate a trait of utter stupidity and ignorance.

Not only was Benny Hill one of the most accomplished comedians of his time, his popularity amongst the British is demonstrated by the fact that his shows appeared for two decades on British television. His popularity is further reinforced by the fact that his shows consistently topped the audience rating figures, often attracting 20 million viewers.

Benny Hill in the seventies and first half of the eighties was Britain’s most successful television comedian, his specials for Thames attracting up to 20 million viewers and often knocking Coronation Street off the top of the ratings.
Rise and fall of a comedy king | Behind the Screens

The Benny Hill show was the top rated show in 1970, 1971, 1973 and 1979. In all other years up to 1982 it was always in the top seven.

His popularity with viewers was such that he was voted television personality of the year for 1954 and 1965. The Benny Hill show also achieved a BAFTA award for Best Light Entertainment Programme in 1971, and he won a special comedy award at the prestigious Montreux Festival in 1985.

Moral of the story? Engage brain before opening mouth. Or at least check your facts.

So those people you see going to church on Sunday mornings, or the synagogues and mosques on their respective holy days, are all tricks of light brought about by smoke and mirrors?

You know something mate, I've seen hardened soldiers who've never been to church in their life (except for weddings and funerals) who, when they are about to go into battle suddenly discover just how religious they really are.

As a previous poster has said, you really are full of shit....and it keeps pouring forth from that orifice in your face.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLKaLvrtn-8]YouTube - Benny Hill - Ernie the fastest milkman in the west[/ame]

I believe Benny Hill gave meaning to the term "milk round" :lol:

You know something mate, I've seen hardened soldiers who've never been to church in their life (except for weddings and funerals) who, when they are about to go into battle suddenly discover just how religious they really are.

Ignoring Collins's flaming for a second, I think you'll find they "find" religion because they are shitting themselves, not because of any fast-held belief...

Ignoring Collins's flaming for a second, I think you'll find they "find" religion because they are shitting themselves, not because of any fast-held belief...

Doesn't hold water mate. Royal Marines don't shit themselves before going into battle.

Doesn't hold water mate. Royal Marines don't shit themselves before going into battle.

Wow, they dont fear death?

That is what life is.... a fear of mortality. People create myths .. ie Religion... to avoid facing the reality of their mortality.

Marines are no different from anyone else.

As for Benny Hill... as i said it was a 1970s comedy for thickoes... Sun readers no doubt.

Democracy doesnt work in uneducated nations... its fine for Germany, italy, france, former eastern bloc... where education is valued and universal... but it doesnt work in the US..... too many uneducated fatties.

Forum List

Back