The United Roomy Message Boards

Dr Grump said:
Just a general, run of the mill question. Are we allowed to delete posts or would you prefer us not to? Not too sure what the problem is with somebody deleting their own posts. Cheers...

By default, I have left the setting allowing users to edit and/or delete their own posts. I think otherwise would be wrong but this RIGHT comes with a little responsibility. Use it to fix a mistake and all is cool, use it to try and screw up threads after the fact and I will remove that right.

Roomy should have been banned by now if past action is an indicator. I keep extending the board to him and he gets more confrontational or pissy in return.

jimnyc said:
By default, I have left the setting allowing users to edit and/or delete their own posts. I think otherwise would be wrong but this RIGHT comes with a little responsibility. Use it to fix a mistake and all is cool, use it to try and screw up threads after the fact and I will remove that right.

Roomy should have been banned by now if past action is an indicator. I keep extending the board to him and he gets more confrontational or pissy in return.

Roger. I hear ya. Seems like he wants to be banned for some weird reason.

jimnyc said:
That is correct, and will not be tolerated. Should he have deleted his initial post's instead of editing them, every response that follows gets deleted too.

Roomy, as per this thread title it appears you expect special treatment. I've lifted your temporary ban and you are free to post again as much as you like!

Oh, and one thing, you have been added to a newly created usergroup, one where the RIGHT to edit/delete posts has been revoked.

:word:

Dr Grump said:
Roger. I hear ya. Seems like he wants to be banned for some weird reason.

Sometimes when people want to matter they do it in destructive ways, any kind of internet board provides the coawardess type of courage and an anonymous outlet to do that. If you look at all the stupid posts and wasted space he took up doing that.. when we could have instead, had some good worth while discussion, not to mention the disruptive element.. it should be easy to understand why board administrators and moderators have to step in every once in while.

:eek2:

I'm sorry, what were you saying?

Ok.. There's a limit to how many emoticons you can use in one message..

How come there's no limit to the number of boobs that can be posted in one message????

Shattered said:
Ok.. There's a limit to how many emoticons you can use in one message..

How come there's no limit to the number of boobs that can be posted in one message????

It's girl power at it's best.

Shattered said:
I wouldn't be so sure....anymore.
You've got a point, at least about the most bellicose ones. Question for you, shouldn't we petition for a change of name from Roomy to Rummy? :dunno::wine:

Kathianne said:
You've got a point, at least about the most bellicose ones. Question for you, shouldn't we petition for a change of name from Roomy to Rummy? :dunno::wine:

Petition? C'mon.. You guys are just big power wielding (read: abusing) bullies.. Just MAKE the change. :halo:

Forum List

Back