The Union Army's odd infatuation with a criminal they hanged

A famous American General.
No he was traitor confederate general. Definitely not Union.

The Confederacy was part of America.

YOur outrage, coming from someone that doesn't even celebrate the Fourth, is dismissed.
Nope. The confederacy were traitors that got their asses kicked and hence became losers.

THey rebelled against tremendous odds, and lost. And were forgiven and welcomed back into the American Family with open arms.

YOur hatred is uncalled for.

Robert E. Lee is a famous American General.
He was a famous Con-federate General...he resigned his Army commission.

Are you supporting the idea that the Southern States had the Legal right to secede?

YOur outrage, coming from someone that doesn't even celebrate the Fourth, is dismissed.
Nope. The confederacy were traitors that got their asses kicked and hence became losers.

THey rebelled against tremendous odds, and lost. And were forgiven and welcomed back into the American Family with open arms.

Are you supporting the idea that the Southern States had the Legal right to secede?
What a massive deflection from the OP. :laugh:

It's kind of strange that a current U.S. quarter depicting the U.S. Arsenal at Harper's Ferry would feature a single incident of anarchy rather than the years of the manufacture of weapons in the early industrial revolution. If you are interested in weapons manufacture and the early industrial revolution and visit the U.S. Park, be prepared to be lectured about the failed John Brown raid and slavery rather than the Armory's history. Brown was widely recognized as insane at the time of his anarchy and failed murder spree and the Union Army justifiably hanged him for his crimes. The strange thing is that after he was hanged Brown became a hero in the eyes of the media and the same Union Army that hanged him. The Union used the John Brown (enhanced and faked?) legacy as a recruiting tool and a morale booster during the Civil War. The current U.S. Government apparently sees Brown's insanity as a heroic act in retrospect even after he was hanged for crimes including the murder of half a dozen citizens of Harper's Ferry including the mayor.. Here we are in the 21st century tearing down historic monuments to Confederate generals while crafting a coin to commemerte the life of a murderer and anarchist who was hanged.
What was John Browns motive?
Does a motive justify murder? The Union hanged him.

Well, let’s look at the motives of John Brown vs the Confederacy

John Brown fought for freedom of the slaves
Confederacy fought to keep men in slavery

Who was crazy?

Wow. That is insanely stupid.
John Brown was morally right
The Confederacy was morally wrong

So, just like that, you're dropping the whole "crazy" claim?

I've said it before.

Libs just say shit. THey don't mean nothing by it.

It's just shit.

It ended up being a moot point when they attacked a federal installation. It's not when they seceded that the war started...it's when the loser morons started an aggression they couldn't win.

bodecea brought it up. I was shocked. But you are right, it is quite a bit off topic.

Stop deflecting and trying to stand up for the traitor Robert E lee. He was a confederate loser. He got his ass kicked. He wasnt in the Union army and the Union Army didnt hang John Brown.

Losing against terrific odds is nothing to be ashamed of. Lee did a fantastic job with what he had, against what he faced.

ANd he was not in the Confederate Army when John Brown was arrested.
Causing the death of even MORE thousands before the inevitable end.d

It ended up being a moot point when they attacked a federal installation. It's not when they seceded that the war started...it's when the loser morons started an aggression they couldn't win.

John Brown didnt attack a federal installation?

Careful....

It's not moot relevant to the point of whether or not he was a Great American General.

I consider him that. Retroactively if nothing else.

You seem to think that he was not an American, during the height of his career.

It's a valid point of view. I'm just surprised that you hold it.

The OP is a lie. The Union Army didnt hang John Brown. The state of Virginia did.

Virginia v. John Brown - Wikipedia

He isnt a liar. Like you before you googled it he didnt know.
He is a liar. Where did he even get that story if he didnt make it up?

A standard ploy by lefties.

Identify any error, no matter how meaningless and claim it is a lie.

Then the debate is sidetracked into a stupid debate, where the vile asshole lefty gets to spend their time attacking the character of the person they hate, while avoiding the issue.

Because they are nearly ALWAYS on the wrong side of the issue.

And they know it.

Vox Day...

bodecea brought it up. I was shocked. But you are right, it is quite a bit off topic.
Actually, I'm not the first who brought up Lee. But at the time of Harper's Ferry, he was in the U.S. Army.

Stop deflecting and trying to stand up for the traitor Robert E lee. He was a confederate loser. He got his ass kicked. He wasnt in the Union army and the Union Army didnt hang John Brown.

Losing against terrific odds is nothing to be ashamed of. Lee did a fantastic job with what he had, against what he faced.

ANd he was not in the Confederate Army when John Brown was arrested.
Causing the death of even MORE thousands before the inevitable end.d

That is what active duty Generals do.

I didnt say he was a Union general. I said he led US Marines in attack to capture John Brown..on orders from President Buchanan.

Actually, I'm not the first who brought up Lee. But at the time of Harper's Ferry, he was in the U.S. Army.

You sure about that? We don't want Asclepias calling you a liar.

That's a joke. You're saying the right things here. YOu would get a pass.

No, I referred to you bringing up Lee's American-ness or lack there of.

He gave up his American card when he took up arms in insurrection...and caused the death of thousands.

He gave up his American card when he took up arms in insurrection...and caused the death of thousands.

Then why wasnt he charged with insurrection?

What was John Browns motive?
Does a motive justify murder? The Union hanged him.

Well, let’s look at the motives of John Brown vs the Confederacy

John Brown fought for freedom of the slaves
Confederacy fought to keep men in slavery

Who was crazy?

Wow. That is insanely stupid.
John Brown was morally right
The Confederacy was morally wrong

So, just like that, you're dropping the whole "crazy" claim?

I've said it before.

Libs just say shit. THey don't mean nothing by it.

It's just shit.

John Brown had a better perception of right and wrong than the Confederacy did

4 million slaves can attest to that

It's not moot relevant to the point of whether or not he was a Great American General.

I consider him that. Retroactively if nothing else.

You seem to think that he was not an American, during the height of his career.

It's a valid point of view. I'm just surprised that you hold it.
He was a great Confederate General

A General who fought to enslave four million people

Forum List

Back