The Unenforceability of abortion bans

But you allude to it being a parasite, like many abortion rights supporters to justify you desire to kill it.
No I didn't. YOU say I did and you are wrong.

ANd I have no desire to kill anything.

But it is not my right to tell any woman she cannot do what she wants to with her own body and like it or not a fetus is still part of her body as it is attached to her and dependent on her bodily function

Giving a fetus protection still cannot violate the rights of the woman.

What right? Roe made up a right to an abortion, it never existed as something constitutionally protected. You can think it's a right, that doesn't make it a right, especially and constitutional right.

No I didn't. YOU say I did and you are wrong.

ANd I have no desire to kill anything.

But it is not my right to tell any woman she cannot do what she wants to with her own body and like it or not a fetus is still part of her body as it is attached to her and dependent on her bodily function

All well and good, but the Constitution is mute on the whole thing, and Roe was a terrible court case. Sending it back to the states is the right thing to do.

No it doesn't.

Tell me you'd you be OK with any state putting to the popular your ability to get a medical procedure?

Why do you want to give the fucking government that kind of power over your life?
That's already the case...except it is not a vote, it is fiat by unelected and unaccountable bureaucrats.

What right? Roe made up a right to an abortion, it never existed as something constitutionally protected. You can think it's a right, that doesn't make it a right, especially and constitutional right.
The right to any medical procedure she chooses to have performed.

The state cannot put to a vote your personal medical decisions.

That's already the case...except it is not a vote, it is fiat by unelected and unaccountable bureaucrats.
I have never been told any medical procedure I wanted was illegal and punishable by jail time have you?

All well and good, but the Constitution is mute on the whole thing, and Roe was a terrible court case. Sending it back to the states is the right thing to do.
Wrong.

The state has no right to meddle in personal medical decisions PERIOD.

The right to any medical procedure she chooses to have performed.

The state cannot put to a vote your personal medical decisions.

Wanna bet? They are doing that now.

Again, abortion is different because it involves another human life. You can try mind games to ignore that, but it doesn't change the fact of the matter.

Wrong.

The state has no right to meddle in personal medical decisions PERIOD.

They do it all the time. Do you think you can have your armed chopped off voluntarily without being evaluated mentally?

The "States" have no bar on their legislating abortion in the federal constitution. Roe created a made up "right" out of thin air, and is rightly being put to pasture.

Irrelevant. That life does not have any rights that supersede the rights of the mother

Actually even under Roe it does. You can't get a third trimester abortion in most States just because you feel like it. The old standard used to be risk to life of the Mother.

In some places the standard is being relaxed to risk to health.

They do it all the time. Do you think you can have your armed chopped off voluntarily without being evaluated mentally?

The "States" have no bar on their legislating abortion in the federal constitution. Roe created a made up "right" out of thin air, and is rightly being put to pasture.

Yes I can. Elective amputation is not illegal and all one needs is a Doctor willing to do the surgery. There is ZERO government intervention.

And you are ignoring the fact that an abortion is just a single medical procedure unless your position is that no one has the right to have ANY medical procedure performed without fist putting it to a vote then you are being a hypocrite.

Actually even under Roe it does. You can't get a third trimester abortion in most States just because you feel like it. The old standard used to be risk to life of the Mother.

In some places the standard is being relaxed to risk to health.

No it doesn't.

If that fetus is endangering the life of the mother the mother's rights take precedence.

Yes I can. Elective amputation is not illegal and all one needs is a Doctor willing to do the surgery. There is ZERO government intervention.

And you are ignoring the fact that an abortion is just a single medical procedure unless your position is that no one has the right to have ANY medical procedure performed without fist putting it to a vote then you are being a hypocrite.

There would be if the doctor did it to his license, sure as all hell.

I've told you why abortion is different, you refuse to acknowledge the difference.

The old "lump of cells" argument.

No it doesn't.

If that fetus is endangering the life of the mother the mother's rights take precedence.

That still means the fetus is part of the equation in deciding to allow the abortion. If her life isn't in danger she just can't get rid of it even if she wants to.

There would be if the doctor did it to his license, sure as all hell.

I've told you why abortion is different, you refuse to acknowledge the difference.

The old "lump of cells" argument.
Did what to his license?

There is no difference.

An unviable life is not as important as an existing person and it has no recognized rights.

93% of all abortions occur before 13 weeks

less than 1% occur after 21 weeks.

That still means the fetus is part of the equation in deciding to allow the abortion. If her life isn't in danger she just can't get rid of it even if she wants to.
only after viability.

less than 1% of abortions' occur after the 21st week

The rest occur before the fetus is viable.

Forum List

Back