The ultimate 2nd amendment poll!

What's your take on American citizens and firearms?

• The second amendment is very clear: "Shall not be infringed."

Votes: 82 78.1%
  • Ban all automaticweapons for citizens

Votes: 12 11.4%
  • Ban all semi-automatic weapons for citizens

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • Ban all weapons including muzzle loaders

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • Ban knives

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ban forks and pencils too

Votes: 5 4.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Woooo...I think the 2nd amendment is very clear. Any weapon the government has, the people should have. We will need to be on equal footing if we ever want to overthrow the government like we overthrew the one in the late 18th century. That is the purpose of the 2nd amendment. I will let this picture explain it more easily:

I agree, the 2nd amendment is very clear. Somehow, though, you seem to have misunderstood it anyway. The purpose of the 2nd amendment, which is stated quite clearly, is to allow the state to maintain a well-regulated militia. Not for the purpose of individual citizens to engage in treason, as defined by the Constitution.
He understands it well. It seems that you, however, do not understand the 2nd at all.

A Primer on the Constitutional Right to Keep and Bear Arms

It's ILLEGAL to sell fully automatic weapons to the general public in the USA, PERIOD. They can only be legally sold as SEMIautomtic weapons.

I watched a clip on U Tube where a company makes a recoil device that attaches to the stock of an M4 or AR15, and using the recoil of the weapon, basically makes it an automatic weapon. The recoil moves the weapon back and forth on your trigger finger.
So you just hold the trigger and let er rip.

Approved by ATF, from what I understand.

I would like to see a poll asking Americans how many deaths by gun per day is acceptable.

Something like 35 people will be killed with guns today. And that number is evidentally fine.
But is there a number of people being killed by guns, that we would find unacceptable?

I don't think so, but who knows for sure. I think Americans will accept ANY level of gun violence. Just part of being "American". We likes those guns.

Meghan Kelly said it best...

During a 2 sided debate the other day regarding the second ammendment, the one against the second ammendment asked mMghan kelly...the moderator...a question...
(why he asked the moderatior a question is beyond me, but once he asked, she had the right to offer her opinion...even though she was the moderator)

Anyway...she was asked....

What would you prefer...

1) A man coming at you with a gun
2) A man coming at you with a knife

Her response?

I would prefer having a gun to defend myself against both of them.

It's ILLEGAL to sell fully automatic weapons to the general public in the USA, PERIOD. They can only be legally sold as SEMIautomtic weapons.

I watched a clip on U Tube where a company makes a recoil device that attaches to the stock of an M4 or AR15, and using the recoil of the weapon, basically makes it an automatic weapon. The recoil moves the weapon back and forth on your trigger finger.
So you just hold the trigger and let er rip.

Approved by ATF, from what I understand.

I would like to see a poll asking Americans how many deaths by gun per day is acceptable.

Something like 35 people will be killed with guns today. And that number is evidentally fine.
But is there a number of people being killed by guns, that we would find unacceptable?

I don't think so, but who knows for sure. I think Americans will accept ANY level of gun violence. Just part of being "American". We likes those guns.

110 people die every day in car wrecks.

Should we go back to horses?

What a stupid fuking repsonse.

Obviously we have accepted that a certain number of people will die from car accidents.
We still have the auto manufactuers trying to save lives through better built cars and trucks. So at least the number of deaths by car accident is declining.

Can you say the same for gun deaths. Is that number falling? Are weapons being made safer? Fuk no.

At least have the balls to say that you don't give a flying fuk how many people get killed by guns today. As long as its not you or yours and you still have whatever guns you want.

Honesty is the best policy. Get more respect that way to.

Woooo...I think the 2nd amendment is very clear. Any weapon the government has, the people should have. We will need to be on equal footing if we ever want to overthrow the government like we overthrew the one in the late 18th century. That is the purpose of the 2nd amendment. I will let this picture explain it more easily:

I agree, the 2nd amendment is very clear. Somehow, though, you seem to have misunderstood it anyway. The purpose of the 2nd amendment, which is stated quite clearly, is to allow the state to maintain a well-regulated militia. Not for the purpose of individual citizens to engage in treason, as defined by the Constitution.
He understands it well. It seems that you, however, do not understand the 2nd at all.

A Primer on the Constitutional Right to Keep and Bear Arms

I don't require a primer. I can simply read the amendment which, as I said, is quite clear. I realize that it does not say what you want it to say, but that is just the way it goes. The SC agrees with me.

"A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

Now, what part of "well-regulated" are you having difficulty with?

As to having weapons for the purpose of overthrowing the government, the Constitution says this:

"Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying War against them, or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort."

35 people will die today in the cause to allow gun lovers to fantasize about "taking back their country with their well regulated militia."

Crazy shit.

35 people will die today in the cause to allow gun lovers to fantasize about "taking back their country with their well regulated militia."

Crazy shit.

Correction...

35 people will die today at the hands of people that have no issue with breaking the law....so guns illegal or not, they will have one anyway.

Now...I wonder how many people today will have the ability to legally defend themselves with the legal firearm they have when attacked by someone who wants to hurt them.

Crazy shit.

So what? I do not require the government make me safe from anything bad that might happen. Unless it can be demonstrated something is dangerous to the community for its own sake, it should not be restricted. So I have no problem with a law that says I can't brew up bio-weapons in my basement or store large quantities of explosives in my garage. But I'll take my chances that some nut-job decides to use a gun against me.

Crazy shit.

So what? I do not require the government make me safe from anything bad that might happen. Unless it can be demonstrated something is dangerous to the community for its own sake, it should not be restricted. So I have no problem with a law that says I can't brew up bio-weapons in my basement or store large quantities of explosives in my garage. But I'll take my chances that some nut-job decides to use a gun against me.

You all just don't get it. I am willing to accept that a certain number of people must die today for your and mines second admendment right. I just want to know if there is ANY number killed that would then percipatate a call for gun control.

I will feel bad for the kid that finds Dads gun and shoots his sibling. I will feel bad because some crazy got a gun and killed some innocent people. I will feel bad for the parent who had a child killed in a drive by shooting. Will you?

But I am willing to accept that these are the costs of unrestricted access to guns.

Are you?

Crazy shit.

Correction...

35 people will die today at the hands of people that have no issue with breaking the law....so guns illegal or not, they will have one anyway.

Now...I wonder how many people today will have the ability to legally defend themselves with the legal firearm they have when attacked by someone who wants to hurt them.

You must be thinking about the legal gun owner who had to shoot and kill that kid in FL because of the loud music. The best defense against decibels is definitely a 9mm.

Crazy shit.

Correction...

You must be thinking about the legal gun owner who had to shoot and kill that kid in FL because of the loud music. The best defense against decibels is definitely a 9mm.

There will always be rogue people in all that we do and live....and they make up a very small minority.

Should we ban automobiles becuase of the small minority that kill people when they drive drunk?

Heck...we can do that WITHOUT taking out an ammendment from the constitution.

Crazy shit.

You all just don't get it. I am willing to accept that a certain number of people must die today for your and mines second admendment right. I just want to know if there is ANY number killed that would then percipatate a call for gun control.

I will feel bad for the kid that finds Dads gun and shoots his sibling. I will feel bad because some crazy got a gun and killed some innocent people. I will feel bad for the parent who had a child killed in a drive by shooting. Will you?

But I am willing to accept that these are the costs of unrestricted access to guns.

Are you?

and I feel bad for the kid who dies due to the actions of a drunk driver....I feel bad for Trayvon Martin and his family.....

Is there a number?

Not sure of a number.....but in 200 plus years we have not reached that number....and I must guess that taking into consideration population increases, the percentage of people that innocently die at the hands of LEGAL guns has decreased over the years......

Am I wrong? It is a guess on my part....

Crazy shit.

Are you?

There is gun control. It already exists. Gun access is not unrestricted. As to kids finding Dad's gun, that is Dad's fault. Dad should be held responsible for it. A crazy is a crazy, whether he uses a gun or a sledge hammer. People who engage in driveby shootings should be arrested and prosecuted, because that is against the law.

But I own a number of firearms and I have yet to shoot anyone out of the window of my car, put them in the hands of young children or open fire in a mall. So long as I don't use them illegally, I see no reason why I should be punished because other people might. I certainly see no reason to do so just to keep you from feeling bad.

why in the fuk do you try and put guns and cars on the same level?

Is there an admentment to the COTUS about driving cars?

Or is your bullshit argument so weak that you can't think of anything better?

Just admit (like I do) that you will accept any level of gun violence. Along with the idea that cars kill people to.

And also accept that carrying a gun makes you a bad ass. You think Martin would have been confronted if the guy hadn't been carrying a gun? You think the guy would have told those kids to turn down the stero if he wasn't carrying a gun? Fuk no.

Face it dude. There are a lot of people carrying concealed just waiting for the "opportunity" to stand their ground. Makes you feel good doesn't it? Knowing that your kid could be shot over a loud stero cause some asshole is packing. And its all legal. Well the murder part isn't. But up till shooting the kid, all was well.

Are you?

There is gun control. It already exists. Gun access is not unrestricted. As to kids finding Dad's gun, that is Dad's fault. Dad should be held responsible for it. A crazy is a crazy, whether he uses a gun or a sledge hammer. People who engage in driveby shootings should be arrested and prosecuted, because that is against the law.

But I own a number of firearms and I have yet to shoot anyone out of the window of my car, put them in the hands of young children or open fire in a mall. So long as I don't use them illegally, I see no reason why I should be punished because other people might. I certainly see no reason to do so just to keep you from feeling bad.

It doesn't really matter what you accept or don't. It doesn't really matter how well YOU control your guns. What matters is that not all firearms are controlled like yours are.

As a result, x number of people will die today because of lack of proper gun safety. Just the way it is. Accept it. I do. It's a cost we pay so that you and I can have almost any gun we want.

That's the real pisser about you right wing gun fans. You think there are no consequences to the actions we have taken. I guess I am a left wing gun fan. But at least I don't hide from the consequesnces of everyone (pretty much) having access to guns.

Why, when we know "gun control" does not keep guns out of the hands of evil doers?

England banned guns. Crime, with and without a gun, skyrocketed. Australia banned guns. Crime, with and without a gun, rose even more. The US cities and states with the most gun control laws have the highest rates of violence and crime.

So what's the point of calling for more gun control?

Or is this all just about what FEELS right?

Why, when we know "gun control" does not keep guns out of the hands of evil doers?

England banned guns. Crime, with and without a gun, skyrocketed. Australia banned guns. Crime, with and without a gun, rose even more. The US cities and states with the most gun control laws have the highest rates of violence and crime.

Thats funny. I just listened to an interview on WLW with two sargents from a Great Britian police department. They were here studying police procedures in Cinci.

You know what they said. Policing wasn't much different here than there, except for the number of violent crimes committed with guns.

Fuking liars. Aren't they. What do they know about gun violence in GB?

And feel free to point out where I said I thought more gun control was what we needed.

Acceptance of gun deaths is what we need. That way we could quit this stupid fight over guns.

Hey was the dude that killed the kid over a loud stero, was he an "evil doer'. Or just crazy with his concealed carry permit. Standing his ground. Over loud music. That he parked by.

You want a loved one shot to death over something that stupid?

Thats funny. I just listened to an interview on WLW with two sargents from a Great Britian police department. They were here studying police procedures in Cinci.

You know what they said. Policing wasn't much different here than there, except for the number of violent crimes committed with guns.

Fuking liars. Aren't they. What do they know about gun violence in GB?

And feel free to point out where I said I thought more gun control was what we needed.

Acceptance of gun deaths is what we need. That way we could quit this stupid fight over guns.

The comments of those two officers does not change the fact that gun violence and crime rose in the years after banning guns in the UK and Australia.

That said, if I misinterpreted your comments and you're not actually calling for more gun control, I apologize and withdraw my comment.

Forum List

Back