The U.S. economy grew 2.9% in 2018

Republicans thought it was under Obama.

You're an idiot. He started from the bottom.

Yes Obama did. Trump started in a booming economy and still cannot do it

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Which growth would be harder to attain?

Mark

Harder to attain the growth in a good economy, which someone should have told Trump when he said he would get it to 6% and above.

When Trump leaves office he will be the 2nd POTUS not never achieve 3% growth in a CY.

Nah. The economy is doing well. The issue in our country is the stupid ass politicians. On BOTH sides. Gator, you and I together could run the country better than they ever could.

I agree, the economy is doing well. It has been doing well for about 8 years now. We just need the politicians, including the POTUS, to stay the hell out of its way

You're an idiot. He started from the bottom.

Mark

Harder to attain the growth in a good economy, which someone should have told Trump when he said he would get it to 6% and above.

When Trump leaves office he will be the 2nd POTUS not never achieve 3% growth in a CY.

Nah. The economy is doing well. The issue in our country is the stupid ass politicians. On BOTH sides. Gator, you and I together could run the country better than they ever could.

I agree, the economy is doing well. It has been doing well for about 8 years now. We just need the politicians, including the POTUS, to stay the hell out of its way

Leftists cry about universal healthcare for instance but for that to work in the US we first and foremost have to eliminate lobbyists. Learn to crawl and walk before you run. But lobbyists pay both Dems and GOP big $$$ so neither party does anything about it. Our politicians are just in it for themselves.

Mark

Leftists cry about universal healthcare for instance but for that to work in the US we first and foremost have to eliminate lobbyists. Learn to crawl and walk before you run. But lobbyists pay both Dems and GOP big $$$ so neither party does anything about it. Our politicians are just in it for themselves.

No way to get rid of lobbyist and keep the 1st amendment.

Your last sentence could not be more true.

Mark

No way to get rid of lobbyist and keep the 1st amendment.

Your last sentence could not be more true.

Eh...you can control how much $$$ they can give I am sure. They are banned in Europe. Oh and I dont mean just talking to your politicians I mean those Who wrote huge checks aka bribes

My 15 year old daughter could have pumped $10t of other people’s money into a DEAD economy and forced a 3% GDP yield.
Sometimes you seem half intelligent, I’m quite certain you know that sustaining growth trajectory during a “boom” is much more of a challenge...you know that...right?

Trump pumped 1.48 trillion of deficit spending into the economy in CY18 and could not hit 3% growth.

Yet you still bash Obama and blow Trump.

What does that mean?
My point stands.
Obama spent on ShaQuita and Guadalupe while Trump has spent on ‘Black Dude cleanup’ such as military, infrastructure, middle-classers and American businesses...you know, ‘things’ with the potential to yield a ROi.

Yes...Obama sucked! That we agree 1000% on. I put Obama as the 2nd worst POTUS ever.

Trump has not put a fucking dime into infrastructure

Trump’s increase in defense spending accounts for less than 30% of the amount added to the debt last year.

Trump cut taxes and revenue along with it in an attempt to turbo charge the economy...and it failed (mostly due to his own stupid trade war).

Pointing out how much Obama sucked does not make Trump any better.

Get off your knees and quit blowing Trump, just for an hour

Stop it already bud...it’s plain weird that you’re often telling people to ”stop blowing Trump” while you seem to always throw out ....“but, but, but...the Kenyan”...maybe you need to get off the Black Dudes nuts huh?

You fuckers are the ones that constantly compare the two, not me. I did not bring up Obama in this discussion, CRUSADERFRANK did.

You people are amazing, all you do all day long is compare Trump and Obama and then pretend like you don't.

Get this through your head, Obama sucked, he was the 2nd worst POTUS ever....is that clear enough for you.

You cannot make Trump look like a good POTUS by comparing him to Obama, that is like comparing Ryan Leaf to JaMarcus Russell...it still does not make Ryan Leaf a good QB.

Trump pumped 1.48 trillion dollars of debt in to the economy in 2018 trying to bust through the 3% barrier, and he failed. It was his best chance to do so, now it will likely not happen.

I like to use Tim Couch / Todd Marinovich when throwing around NFL qb analogies.

Trump pumped 1.48 trillion of deficit spending into the economy in CY18 and could not hit 3% growth.

Yet you still bash Obama and blow Trump.

What does that mean?
My point stands.
Obama spent on ShaQuita and Guadalupe while Trump has spent on ‘Black Dude cleanup’ such as military, infrastructure, middle-classers and American businesses...you know, ‘things’ with the potential to yield a ROi.

Yes...Obama sucked! That we agree 1000% on. I put Obama as the 2nd worst POTUS ever.

Trump has not put a fucking dime into infrastructure

Trump’s increase in defense spending accounts for less than 30% of the amount added to the debt last year.

Trump cut taxes and revenue along with it in an attempt to turbo charge the economy...and it failed (mostly due to his own stupid trade war).

Pointing out how much Obama sucked does not make Trump any better.

Get off your knees and quit blowing Trump, just for an hour

Stop it already bud...it’s plain weird that you’re often telling people to ”stop blowing Trump” while you seem to always throw out ....“but, but, but...the Kenyan”...maybe you need to get off the Black Dudes nuts huh?

You fuckers are the ones that constantly compare the two, not me. I did not bring up Obama in this discussion, CRUSADERFRANK did.

You people are amazing, all you do all day long is compare Trump and Obama and then pretend like you don't.

Get this through your head, Obama sucked, he was the 2nd worst POTUS ever....is that clear enough for you.

You cannot make Trump look like a good POTUS by comparing him to Obama, that is like comparing Ryan Leaf to JaMarcus Russell...it still does not make Ryan Leaf a good QB.

Trump pumped 1.48 trillion dollars of debt in to the economy in 2018 trying to bust through the 3% barrier, and he failed. It was his best chance to do so, now it will likely not happen.

I like to use Tim Couch / Todd Marinovich when throwing around NFL qb analogies.

Same thing works, except Tim Couch had a 5 year career where he was at least worthy to start most of the games...same cannot be said for the other 3.

Trump has not made it to Tim Couch status yet

How can lefties get so hysterical over some numbers only two years into President Trump's administration when unemployment is at a historic low and the DOW hovers around 26,000? Barry Hussein never hit 3% GDP average in eight freaking years, unemployment was in double digits for Black men and the DOW was stagnant but crazy angry left didn't seem to mind.

From the DOW low on March 9, 2009 (after the 'Great Recession' that Obama inherited) of 6547. It was 19780 when he officially left office. That is a rise of over 200% in 8 years.
The DOW has risen from 19780 (when Trump took office) until today's (just under) 26,000. That is a rise of 31%. Double that (for Trump's remaining two years) and Trump has done not remotely as well as Obama did (taken from the end of the Great Recession).
Plus, Trump is the first POTUS since GWB to have a negative DOW for the year - last year.

DOW growth under Trump has noticeably slowed compared to Obama's run (after the Great Recession).

What was the Dow low in 2009
Stocks slide as Trump takes office

Here is the U-3 (unemployment rate for the last ten years:

latest_numbers_LNS14000000_2009_2019_all_period_M01_data.gif

Bureau of Labor Statistics Data

Please show me where the rate suddenly dropped like a stone under Trump compared to under Obama?

Did you really just use the DOW as Barry's crowning achievement? The stock market increased dramatically because people with wealth were able to borrow money at near zero interest rates which they then sunk into the markets. That soaring Dow didn't make the average American wealthy but it sure as hell increased the wealth of the already wealthy! What's amazing is that you progressives ran the economy that way for eight years and then whined about "income inequality"!

Talk to Whitehall.

I only mentioned them (DOW and U-3) in response to his mentioning them.

I thought Obama was a failure as a POTUS.
Of course, I think everyone in at least the past 50 years was a failure as POTUS.

'U.S. gross domestic product grew at a 2.6% annual rate in the final quarter of last year, bringing 2018’s annual growth to 2.9%, the Commerce Department said on Thursday.

Why it matters: That's just shy of the 3% growth the Trump administration has touted. The shutdown-delayed GDP report marks a deceleration from the 3.4% growth rate seen in the third quarter. The BEA estimates that the shutdown — which was mostly in January, rather than in the fourth quarter — "subtracted about 0.1 percentage point from real GDP growth in the fourth quarter."'

And before you Trumpbots blame the sub-3% year on the government shutdown? Trump owned it...so it's 100% his responsibility.

'Real GDP increased 2.9 percent in 2018 (from the 2017 annual level to the 2018 annual level), compared with an increase of 2.2 percent in 2017'

Gross Domestic Product, Fourth Quarter and Annual 2018 (Initial Estimate) | U.S. Bureau of Economic Analysis (BEA)

So much for that 'booming' economy of 4% or 5% Real GDP growth Trump promised. So far, real GDP growth under Trump is only 2.55% (2017 & 2018 combined).

Winning?

Don't make me laugh.
That’s interesting because that’s about exactly the amount I saved because of trumps tax plan. I’m assuming all of us paid about 3% less in taxes last year. So it makes sense the economy would grow that much.

I don’t know if the two are related I’m just speculating.

I save about $35 a week.

'U.S. gross domestic product grew at a 2.6% annual rate in the final quarter of last year, bringing 2018’s annual growth to 2.9%, the Commerce Department said on Thursday.

Why it matters: That's just shy of the 3% growth the Trump administration has touted. The shutdown-delayed GDP report marks a deceleration from the 3.4% growth rate seen in the third quarter. The BEA estimates that the shutdown — which was mostly in January, rather than in the fourth quarter — "subtracted about 0.1 percentage point from real GDP growth in the fourth quarter."'

And before you Trumpbots blame the sub-3% year on the government shutdown? Trump owned it...so it's 100% his responsibility.

'Real GDP increased 2.9 percent in 2018 (from the 2017 annual level to the 2018 annual level), compared with an increase of 2.2 percent in 2017'

Gross Domestic Product, Fourth Quarter and Annual 2018 (Initial Estimate) | U.S. Bureau of Economic Analysis (BEA)

So much for that 'booming' economy of 4% or 5% Real GDP growth Trump promised. So far, real GDP growth under Trump is only 2.55% (2017 & 2018 combined).

Winning?

Don't make me laugh.
Fake news. Parrot.

Trump and GOP promised economic growth much better than Obama's. That's not what happened
Actually Trump's growth is quite a bit better.

Trump now has 8 full quarters and has averaged 2.91% annualized GDP growth.
Over Obama's last 8 full quarters he only averaged 1.94% growth

Trump's rate of increase half again better than Obama's.

GREAT AGAIN: US economy grows by 3.2% in the first quarter, topping expectations.

Winning?

Don't make me laugh.
Fake news. Parrot.

Trump and GOP promised economic growth much better than Obama's. That's not what happened

GREAT AGAIN: US economy grows by 3.2% in the first quarter, topping expectations.
And WTF did that no nothing ah have to do with it ?

...So far, real GDP growth under Trump is only 2.55% (2017 & 2018 combined).

Winning?

Don't make me laugh.
Actually, over Trump's first full 8 quarters he has averaged 2.91% GDP growth, 50% better than Obama's final 8 quarters that averaged 1.94% or what they called then, the "New Normal".

Even more striking has been how much more accurate Trump's GDP forecasts have been than the FOMC and the CBO

Real-GDP-Growth-Relative-to-Pre-November-2016-Projections-2017-2019-1-820x493.png

And while Trump's forecasts get more accurate, the FOMC and CBO are getting worse as time goes along. They are always low, except CBO in 2017. They then missed by a 1/3rd in 2018 and missed by half in the 1st quarter.

2019 Starts off with a Bang in the First Quarter with Strong Economic Performance

Winning?

Don't make me laugh.
Fake news. Parrot.

And WTF did that no nothing ah have to do with it ?
We Trump supporters don't really care who gets the credit, we are just thrilled for the American Worker that Trump's GDP growth rate is 50% better than Obama's "new normal" that really sucked for the American Worker.

Winning?

Don't make me laugh.
Fake news. Parrot.

I don't agree that ~1% GDP more than the previous administration is worth what Trump is throwing at the national debt = an extra ~$1 TRILLION per year.

When the economy is supposedly so great as Trump states, that is when the US should be paying down debt YET we are burning money like there is NO tomorrow.

When the economy does go south, and it will, then how in Hell are we gonna pay down debt?

Trump & his posse are Hell bent on placing RECORD DEBT on this nation for a measly short term gain of ~1% more GDP.

Our so called leadership are asinine morons, at best, and Trump's base are eating this shit up like hogs licking up slop ...........

Last edited:
Trump is only good for the economy in so much as he is not the soul-crushing Wall Street thug Clinton would otherwise have been. Beyond that, he hasn't done much.

Trump is only good for the economy in so much as he is not the soul-crushing Wall Street thug Clinton would otherwise have been. Beyond that, he hasn't done much.
But he and republicans are ""very fine people""

Winning?

Don't make me laugh.
Fake news. Parrot.

I don't agree that ~1% GDP more than the previous administration is worth what Trump is throwing at the national debt = an extra ~$1 TRILLION per year...
The growth of the Debt isn't a $trillion more a year under Trump.

Trump has been President for 826 days and over that period the Federal Debt has increased by $2,080,589,824,023.60

Over Obama/Biden's final 826 days the debt increased by $2,043,934,260,313.60

Obama/Biden had 2% less in nominal dollars, but about 3% more in inflation adjusted dollars.

Debt to the Penny (Daily History Search Application)
...When the economy is supposedly so great as Trump states, that is when the US should be paying down debt YET we are burning money like there is NO tomorrow....
Debt growth under Trump is flat to Obama's debt growth. Can you direct me to your posts where you described this debt growth as "burning money like there is NO tomorrow" while Obama was president?

And in terms of GDP, Trump IS reducing the debt. When Obama Left at the end of 2016 the Federal Debt had spiked to 109.02%. By the end of 2017 Trump had bought this down to 105.37% and by the end of 2018, all the way down to 103.88%.

And that's how you do it. Under Trump, we are finally, consistently, growing GDP faster than debt.

fredgraph.png

Trump, Keep Up The Good Work!
...When the economy does go south, and it will, then how in Hell are we gonna pay down debt?...
Despite a government shutdown, the economy just spiked from 2.2% to 3.2% and you are making a recession call?
...Trump & his posse are Hell bent on placing RECORD DEBT on this nation...
The national debt to GDP is at it's lowest in 7 years.
for a measly short term gain of ~1% more GDP.
At 2% GDP the economy doubles every 35 years.
At 3% GDP the economy doubles 23.33 years. The difference is enormous.

If you have $100,000 growing at 2% a year at the end of 70 years you have $400,000
If you have $100,000 growing at 3% a year at the end of 70 years you have $800,000

The difference is significant and in terms of our Trust Funds, enormous.
Our so called leadership are asinine morons, at best, and Trump's base are eating this shit up like hogs licking up slop ...........
Actually, Trump continues to do one hell of a job. And his work on our Trade Deficit is also paying off.

US Posts Smallest Trade Deficit in 8 Months
The US trade deficit narrowed to USD 49.4 billion in February 2019, the smallest since June 2018, from USD 51.1 billion in the previous month and compared to market expectations of USD 53.5 billion. Exports surged 1.1 percent while imports rose at a softer 0.2 percent amid ongoing trade negotiations with China.

And January as well:

US Trade Gap Narrows More Than Expected
The trade deficit in the United States narrowed to USD 51.1 billion in January of 2019 from an upwardly revised USD 59.9 billion in the previous month, which was the largest since October 2008. It compares with market expectations of a USD 57 billion shortfall. Exports rebounded, mainly due to soybeans and motor vehicles and parts and imports were the lowest since June 2018.

United States Balance of Trade | 2019 | Data | Chart | Calendar | Forecast

Winning?

Don't make me laugh.
Fake news. Parrot.

I don't agree that ~1% GDP more than the previous administration is worth what Trump is throwing at the national debt = an extra ~$1 TRILLION per year.

When the economy is supposedly so great as Trump states, that is when the US should be paying down debt YET we are burning money like there is NO tomorrow.

When the economy does go south, and it will, then how in Hell are we gonna pay down debt?

Trump & his posse are Hell bent on placing RECORD DEBT on this nation for a measly short term gain of ~1% more GDP.

Trump is doing what he's doing while absorbing a record number of interest rate increases from the Fed, Caddo! I know you liberals don't grasp economics but what's been going on since Trump took office is remarkable. It would be akin to a pole vaulter setting new heights even though he's wearing weights that his competition isn't!

How are we going to pay down debt? What I'd like to see Trump do is start attacking the bloated Federal bureaucracy. Most Presidents don't have the stones to tackle that. He just may...we'll see.

Winning?

Don't make me laugh.
Fake news. Parrot.

Trump is doing what he's doing while absorbing a record number of interest rate increases from the Fed, Caddo! I know you liberals don't grasp economics but what's been going on since Trump took office is remarkable. It would be akin to a pole vaulter setting new heights even though he's wearing weights that his competition isn't!

How are we going to pay down debt? What I'd like to see Trump do is start attacking the bloated Federal bureaucracy. Most Presidents don't have the stones to tackle that. He just may...we'll see.
Good thing Cain won't be there , and didn't the fed say no more rate raises this year and could have sworn trump already attacked the fed but then again he attacks everyone

But he and republicans are ""very fine people""

I don't like cooked carrots, but if one ends up in my soup, I eat around it instead of jazzing up the Lachanophobic twitter brigade and organizing days of pointless protests.

Forum List

Back