The U.S. economy grew 2.9% in 2018

'U.S. gross domestic product grew at a 2.6% annual rate in the final quarter of last year, bringing 2018’s annual growth to 2.9%, the Commerce Department said on Thursday.

Why it matters: That's just shy of the 3% growth the Trump administration has touted. The shutdown-delayed GDP report marks a deceleration from the 3.4% growth rate seen in the third quarter. The BEA estimates that the shutdown — which was mostly in January, rather than in the fourth quarter — "subtracted about 0.1 percentage point from real GDP growth in the fourth quarter."'

And before you Trumpbots blame the sub-3% year on the government shutdown? Trump owned it...so it's 100% his responsibility.

'Real GDP increased 2.9 percent in 2018 (from the 2017 annual level to the 2018 annual level), compared with an increase of 2.2 percent in 2017'

Gross Domestic Product, Fourth Quarter and Annual 2018 (Initial Estimate) | U.S. Bureau of Economic Analysis (BEA)

So much for that 'booming' economy of 4% or 5% Real GDP growth Trump promised. So far, real GDP growth under Trump is only 2.55% (2017 & 2018 combined).

Winning?

Don't make me laugh.
Barack would have blown Michelle and Willie Brown for that growth rate

Obama did hit that same growth rate and you sheep attacked him for it, now you are blowing Trump for marching Obama.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

My 15 year old daughter could have pumped $10t of other people’s money into a DEAD economy and forced a 3% GDP yield.
Sometimes you seem half intelligent, I’m quite certain you know that sustaining growth trajectory during a “boom” is much more of a challenge...you know that...right?

'U.S. gross domestic product grew at a 2.6% annual rate in the final quarter of last year, bringing 2018’s annual growth to 2.9%, the Commerce Department said on Thursday.

Why it matters: That's just shy of the 3% growth the Trump administration has touted. The shutdown-delayed GDP report marks a deceleration from the 3.4% growth rate seen in the third quarter. The BEA estimates that the shutdown — which was mostly in January, rather than in the fourth quarter — "subtracted about 0.1 percentage point from real GDP growth in the fourth quarter."'

And before you Trumpbots blame the sub-3% year on the government shutdown? Trump owned it...so it's 100% his responsibility.

'Real GDP increased 2.9 percent in 2018 (from the 2017 annual level to the 2018 annual level), compared with an increase of 2.2 percent in 2017'

Gross Domestic Product, Fourth Quarter and Annual 2018 (Initial Estimate) | U.S. Bureau of Economic Analysis (BEA)

So much for that 'booming' economy of 4% or 5% Real GDP growth Trump promised. So far, real GDP growth under Trump is only 2.55% (2017 & 2018 combined).

Winning?

Don't make me laugh.
Fake news. Parrot.

It is straight from Trump’s Administration

Sure it is.

Such a mindless little sheep! Do you have someone tie your shoes for you each morning or do you just use slipons?

I like the idea of someone tying my shoes.

Winning?

Don't make me laugh.
Why would you blame someone for a 3% growth?! What are you, nuts?

We did not get 3% growth. Trump and Obama are the only two presidents to not achieve 3% GDP growth for at least on CY.

Kiss my ass. 3% growth is not bad at all.

We did not hit 3%, why do you keep lying about it?

I get that losing sucks, but you would do well to hang on to whatever shreds of dignity you have left.

Wow. 2.9%. And all it cost was a couple trillion dollars. How did that work out?

Wow. 2.9%. And all it cost was a couple trillion dollars.

Versus 2% under Obama, for a cost of $9.3 trillion.

How did that work out?

So far, it's an improvement.

Winning?

Don't make me laugh.

Obama did hit that same growth rate and you sheep attacked him for it, now you are blowing Trump for marching Obama.

My 15 year old daughter could have pumped $10t of other people’s money into a DEAD economy and forced a 3% GDP yield.
Sometimes you seem half intelligent, I’m quite certain you know that sustaining growth trajectory during a “boom” is much more of a challenge...you know that...right?

Trump pumped 1.48 trillion of deficit spending into the economy in CY18 and could not hit 3% growth.

Yet you still bash Obama and blow Trump.

Winning?

Don't make me laugh.
Fake news. Parrot.

Sure it is.

Such a mindless little sheep! Do you have someone tie your shoes for you each morning or do you just use slipons?

You seem smart enough to do your own, the other guy not so much.

Winning?

Don't make me laugh.

Trump pumped 1.48 trillion of deficit spending into the economy in CY18 and could not hit 3% growth.

What does that mean?
My point stands.
Obama spent on ShaQuita and Guadalupe while Trump has spent on ‘Black Dude cleanup’ such as military, infrastructure, middle-classers and American businesses...you know, ‘things’ with the potential to yield a ROi.

Winning?

Don't make me laugh.

What does that mean?
My point stands.
Obama spent on ShaQuita and Guadalupe while Trump has spent on ‘Black Dude cleanup’ such as military, infrastructure, middle-classers and American businesses...you know, ‘things’ with the potential to yield a ROi.

Yes...Obama sucked! That we agree 1000% on. I put Obama as the 2nd worst POTUS ever.

Trump has not put a fucking dime into infrastructure

Trump’s increase in defense spending accounts for less than 30% of the amount added to the debt last year.

Trump cut taxes and revenue along with it in an attempt to turbo charge the economy...and it failed (mostly due to his own stupid trade war).

Pointing out how much Obama sucked does not make Trump any better.

Get off your knees and quit blowing Trump, just for an hour

Fake news. Parrot.

Sure it is.

You seem smart enough to do your own, the other guy not so much.

LOL

Be sure and use extra lube while you’re wanking off over this news. I wouldn’t want you to chafe.
We don't agree on much, but i agree with you on this. The only thing that would make him happier, if the economy tanked.

I don’t care which clown of the duopoly sits behind the Resolute Desk, but I’ll never cheer unfavorable news that effects our nation. Ever.

You must be a Republican because I always heard they don't have any sense of humor, and you obviously do not.
Face it, you're not funny.

having a sense of humor & having the ability to be 'funny' are two different things.

You must also be a Republican because you sound like you're stupid.

Be sure and use extra lube while you’re wanking off over this news. I wouldn’t want you to chafe.
We don't agree on much, but i agree with you on this. The only thing that would make him happier, if the economy tanked.

I don’t care which clown of the duopoly sits behind the Resolute Desk, but I’ll never cheer unfavorable news that effects our nation. Ever.

You must be a Republican because I always heard they don't have any sense of humor, and you obviously do not.
Face it, you're not funny.

having a sense of humor & having the ability to be 'funny' are two different things.

You must also be a Republican because you sound like you're stupid.
Yeah, liberals have no sense of humor.
offended-people.jpg

What does that mean?
My point stands.

Yes...Obama sucked! That we agree 1000% on. I put Obama as the 2nd worst POTUS ever.

Trump’s increase in defense spending accounts for less than 30% of the amount added to the debt last year.

Trump cut taxes and revenue along with it in an attempt to turbo charge the economy...and it failed (mostly due to his own stupid trade war).

Stop it already bud...it’s plain weird that you’re often telling people to ”stop blowing Trump” while you seem to always throw out ....“but, but, but...the Kenyan”...maybe you need to get off the Black Dudes nuts huh?

What does that mean?
My point stands.

Stop it already bud...it’s plain weird that you’re often telling people to ”stop blowing Trump” while you seem to always throw out ....“but, but, but...the Kenyan”...maybe you need to get off the Black Dudes nuts huh?

You fuckers are the ones that constantly compare the two, not me. I did not bring up Obama in this discussion, CRUSADERFRANK did.

You people are amazing, all you do all day long is compare Trump and Obama and then pretend like you don't.

Get this through your head, Obama sucked, he was the 2nd worst POTUS ever....is that clear enough for you.

You cannot make Trump look like a good POTUS by comparing him to Obama, that is like comparing Ryan Leaf to JaMarcus Russell...it still does not make Ryan Leaf a good QB.

Trump pumped 1.48 trillion dollars of debt in to the economy in 2018 trying to bust through the 3% barrier, and he failed. It was his best chance to do so, now it will likely not happen.

3% is bad?
Republicans thought it was under Obama.

You're an idiot. He started from the bottom.

Yes Obama did. Trump started in a booming economy and still cannot do it

Which growth would be harder to attain?

Mark

Harder to attain the growth in a good economy, which someone should have told Trump when he said he would get it to 6% and above.

When Trump leaves office he will be the 2nd POTUS not never achieve 3% growth in a CY.

Winning?

Don't make me laugh.
Funny how someone can cut off their nose to spite their face...

What does that mean?
My point stands.

You fuckers are the ones that constantly compare the two, not me. I did not bring up Obama in this discussion, CRUSADERFRANK did.

You people are amazing, all you do all day long is compare Trump and Obama and then pretend like you don't.

Get this through your head, Obama sucked, he was the 2nd worst POTUS ever....is that clear enough for you.

You cannot make Trump look like a good POTUS by comparing him to Obama, that is like comparing Ryan Leaf to JaMarcus Russell...it still does not make Ryan Leaf a good QB.

Trump pumped 1.48 trillion dollars of debt in to the economy in 2018 trying to bust through the 3% barrier, and he failed. It was his best chance to do so, now it will likely not happen.
Economically, Obama was most like Hoover, but he was not half the man Hoover was.

How can lefties get so hysterical over some numbers only two years into President Trump's administration when unemployment is at a historic low and the DOW hovers around 26,000? Barry Hussein never hit 3% GDP average in eight freaking years, unemployment was in double digits for Black men and the DOW was stagnant but crazy angry left didn't seem to mind.

From the DOW low on March 9, 2009 (after the 'Great Recession' that Obama inherited) of 6547. It was 19780 when he officially left office. That is a rise of over 200% in 8 years.
The DOW has risen from 19780 (when Trump took office) until today's (just under) 26,000. That is a rise of 31%. Double that (for Trump's remaining two years) and Trump has done not remotely as well as Obama did (taken from the end of the Great Recession).
Plus, Trump is the first POTUS since GWB to have a negative DOW for the year - last year.

DOW growth under Trump has noticeably slowed compared to Obama's run (after the Great Recession).

What was the Dow low in 2009
Stocks slide as Trump takes office

Here is the U-3 (unemployment rate for the last ten years:

latest_numbers_LNS14000000_2009_2019_all_period_M01_data.gif

Bureau of Labor Statistics Data

Please show me where the rate suddenly dropped like a stone under Trump compared to under Obama?

Did you really just use the DOW as Barry's crowning achievement? The stock market increased dramatically because people with wealth were able to borrow money at near zero interest rates which they then sunk into the markets. That soaring Dow didn't make the average American wealthy but it sure as hell increased the wealth of the already wealthy! What's amazing is that you progressives ran the economy that way for eight years and then whined about "income inequality"!

How can lefties get so hysterical over some numbers only two years into President Trump's administration when unemployment is at a historic low and the DOW hovers around 26,000? Barry Hussein never hit 3% GDP average in eight freaking years, unemployment was in double digits for Black men and the DOW was stagnant but crazy angry left didn't seem to mind.

From the DOW low on March 9, 2009 (after the 'Great Recession' that Obama inherited) of 6547. It was 19780 when he officially left office. That is a rise of over 200% in 8 years.
The DOW has risen from 19780 (when Trump took office) until today's (just under) 26,000. That is a rise of 31%. Double that (for Trump's remaining two years) and Trump has done not remotely as well as Obama did (taken from the end of the Great Recession).
Plus, Trump is the first POTUS since GWB to have a negative DOW for the year - last year.

DOW growth under Trump has noticeably slowed compared to Obama's run (after the Great Recession).

What was the Dow low in 2009
Stocks slide as Trump takes office

Here is the U-3 (unemployment rate for the last ten years:

latest_numbers_LNS14000000_2009_2019_all_period_M01_data.gif

Bureau of Labor Statistics Data

Please show me where the rate suddenly dropped like a stone under Trump compared to under Obama?

Did you really just use the DOW as Barry's crowning achievement? The stock market increased dramatically because people with wealth were able to borrow money at near zero interest rates which they then sunk into the markets. That soaring Dow didn't make the average American wealthy but it sure as hell increased the wealth of the already wealthy! What's amazing is that you progressives ran the economy that way for eight years and then whined about "income inequality"!

It made money for anyone with investments or a 401K.

3% is bad?
Republicans thought it was under Obama.

You're an idiot. He started from the bottom.

Yes Obama did. Trump started in a booming economy and still cannot do it

Which growth would be harder to attain?

Mark

Harder to attain the growth in a good economy, which someone should have told Trump when he said he would get it to 6% and above.

When Trump leaves office he will be the 2nd POTUS not never achieve 3% growth in a CY.

Nah. The economy is doing well. The issue in our country is the stupid ass politicians. On BOTH sides. Gator, you and I together could run the country better than they ever could.

Forum List

Back