The U.S. economy grew 2.9% in 2018

Be sure and use extra lube while you’re wanking off over this news. I wouldn’t want you to chafe.
We don't agree on much, but i agree with you on this. The only thing that would make him happier, if the economy tanked.

I don’t care which clown of the duopoly sits behind the Resolute Desk, but I’ll never cheer unfavorable news that effects our nation. Ever.

3% is bad?
Republicans thought it was under Obama.

Sorry, but BO never had a 3% GDP year. Kudlow is hoping for 3% every year for Trump
US Real GDP Growth Rate by Year
Date GDP Value
Dec 31, 2018 2.90%
Dec 31, 2017 2.47%
Dec 31, 2016 1.88% BO AVG=2.12%
Dec 31, 2015 2.00% BO
Dec 31, 2014 2.70% BO
Dec 31, 2013 2.61% BO
Dec 31, 2012 1.47% BO
Dec 31, 2011 1.61% BO
Dec 31, 2010 2.57% BO
Dec 31, 2009 0.18%
Dec 31, 2008 -2.75

'U.S. gross domestic product grew at a 2.6% annual rate in the final quarter of last year, bringing 2018’s annual growth to 2.9%, the Commerce Department said on Thursday.

Why it matters: That's just shy of the 3% growth the Trump administration has touted. The shutdown-delayed GDP report marks a deceleration from the 3.4% growth rate seen in the third quarter. The BEA estimates that the shutdown — which was mostly in January, rather than in the fourth quarter — "subtracted about 0.1 percentage point from real GDP growth in the fourth quarter."'

And before you Trumpbots blame the sub-3% year on the government shutdown? Trump owned it...so it's 100% his responsibility.

'Real GDP increased 2.9 percent in 2018 (from the 2017 annual level to the 2018 annual level), compared with an increase of 2.2 percent in 2017'

Gross Domestic Product, Fourth Quarter and Annual 2018 (Initial Estimate) | U.S. Bureau of Economic Analysis (BEA)

So much for that 'booming' economy of 4% or 5% Real GDP growth Trump promised. So far, real GDP growth under Trump is only 2.55% (2017 & 2018 combined).

Winning?

Don't make me laugh.
Why would you blame someone for a 3% growth?! What are you, nuts?

We did not get 3% growth. Trump and Obama are the only two presidents to not achieve 3% GDP growth for at least on CY.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com
Kiss my ass. 3% growth is not bad at all.

'U.S. gross domestic product grew at a 2.6% annual rate in the final quarter of last year, bringing 2018’s annual growth to 2.9%, the Commerce Department said on Thursday.

Why it matters: That's just shy of the 3% growth the Trump administration has touted. The shutdown-delayed GDP report marks a deceleration from the 3.4% growth rate seen in the third quarter. The BEA estimates that the shutdown — which was mostly in January, rather than in the fourth quarter — "subtracted about 0.1 percentage point from real GDP growth in the fourth quarter."'

And before you Trumpbots blame the sub-3% year on the government shutdown? Trump owned it...so it's 100% his responsibility.

'Real GDP increased 2.9 percent in 2018 (from the 2017 annual level to the 2018 annual level), compared with an increase of 2.2 percent in 2017'

Gross Domestic Product, Fourth Quarter and Annual 2018 (Initial Estimate) | U.S. Bureau of Economic Analysis (BEA)

So much for that 'booming' economy of 4% or 5% Real GDP growth Trump promised. So far, real GDP growth under Trump is only 2.55% (2017 & 2018 combined).

Winning?

Don't make me laugh.
Barack would have blown Michelle and Willie Brown for that growth rate

Obama did hit that same growth rate and you sheep attacked him for it, now you are blowing Trump for marching Obama.

Winning?

Don't make me laugh.

Gee, McRocket...Trump is accomplishing those numbers while absorbing rate increases from the Fed that have come at a record rate. The economy of the US is doing better right now than every other major economy in the world. You of course would like to see us back under Barry's watch? Grinding along with no jobs despite the Fed keeping interest rates at record lows for a record length of time?

3% is bad?

You're an idiot. He started from the bottom.

Yes Obama did. Trump started in a booming economy and still cannot do it

Easy for Obama as the economy was in shambles thanks to Bush. Harder for Trump as the Fed started raising rates. Obama dealt with cheap money and spent $10Trn. Come on man. Stop defending BHO. He is a good dude but was a sub par POTUS.

I'll give you a sports analogy. Going from 10 home runs to 30 home runs is doable. Going from 30 to 50 is much tougher. The delta is still 20.

Be sure and use extra lube while you’re wanking off over this news. I wouldn’t want you to chafe.
We don't agree on much, but i agree with you on this. The only thing that would make him happier, if the economy tanked.

I don’t care which clown of the duopoly sits behind the Resolute Desk, but I’ll never cheer unfavorable news that effects our nation. Ever.

You must be a Republican because I always heard they don't have any sense of humor, and you obviously do not.

great to know that posters 2 & 3 don't have any issue with blowing so much DEBT for such a tiny pay off.

Smart folks, you are not.

Don’t make shit up. I’ve said on numerous occasions that the greatest threat to our nation’s future is our debt. Neither party is very serious about addrsssing it either. The is debt is only a concern when they don’t have control of the purse strings.

Winning?

Don't make me laugh.
Fake news. Parrot.

Trump and GOP promised economic growth much better than Obama's. That's not what happened

Be a blind partisan twat or you don’t have a sense of humor. Girl, bye. :lol:

Winning?

Don't make me laugh.
How dare you post econ growth under trump in .... POLITICS. !

Winning?

Don't make me laugh.
Why would you blame someone for a 3% growth?! What are you, nuts?

We did not get 3% growth. Trump and Obama are the only two presidents to not achieve 3% GDP growth for at least on CY.

Kiss my ass. 3% growth is not bad at all.

We did not hit 3%, why do you keep lying about it?

Winning?

Don't make me laugh.
Fake news. Parrot.

Trump and GOP promised economic growth much better than Obama's. That's not what happened
Fake news, Parrot.

3% is bad?

You're an idiot. He started from the bottom.

Yes Obama did. Trump started in a booming economy and still cannot do it

Easy for Obama as the economy was in shambles thanks to Bush. Harder for Trump as the Fed started raising rates. Obama dealt with cheap money and spent $10Trn. Come on man. Stop defending BHO. He is a good dude but was a sub par POTUS.

I'll give you a sports analogy. Going from 10 home runs to 30 home runs is doable. Going from 30 to 50 is much tougher. The delta is still 20.

I am not defending Obama, I am bashing Trump. Obama was the 2nd worst ever, and yet Trump cannot do any better.

Winning?

Don't make me laugh.
Fake news. Parrot.

It is straight from Trump’s Administration

Sure it is.

Winning?

Don't make me laugh.
Fake news. Parrot.

It is straight from Trump’s Administration

Sure it is.

Such a mindless little sheep! Do you have someone tie your shoes for you each morning or do you just use slipons?

How can lefties get so hysterical over some numbers only two years into President Trump's administration when unemployment is at a historic low and the DOW hovers around 26,000? Barry Hussein never hit 3% GDP average in eight freaking years, unemployment was in double digits for Black men and the DOW was stagnant but crazy angry left didn't seem to mind.

From the DOW low on March 9, 2009 (after the 'Great Recession' that Obama inherited) of 6547. It was 19780 when he officially left office. That is a rise of over 200% in 8 years.
The DOW has risen from 19780 (when Trump took office) until today's (just under) 26,000. That is a rise of 31%. Double that (for Trump's remaining two years) and Trump has done not remotely as well as Obama did (taken from the end of the Great Recession).
Plus, Trump is the first POTUS since GWB to have a negative DOW for the year - last year.

DOW growth under Trump has noticeably slowed compared to Obama's run (after the Great Recession).

What was the Dow low in 2009
Stocks slide as Trump takes office

Here is the U-3 (unemployment rate for the last ten years:

latest_numbers_LNS14000000_2009_2019_all_period_M01_data.gif

Bureau of Labor Statistics Data

Please show me where the rate suddenly dropped like a stone under Trump compared to under Obama?

You must be a Republican because I always heard they don't have any sense of humor, and you obviously do not.
Face it, you're not funny.

Forum List

Back