The Truth of the Civil Rights Struggle

ht_ann_coulter_book_jt_120922_wblog.jpg

MUGGED: RACIAL DEMAGOGUERY FROM THE SEVENTIES TO OBAMA by Ann Coulter

Web Extra: Read an Exclusive Excerpt of Ann Coulter’s New Book - ABC News

Thanks, PC.

What president desegregated the army?

"Eisenhower implemented the integration of the U.S. military forces. Although President Truman issued Executive Order 9981 (1948) to desegregate the military services, his administration had limited success in realizing it. As a life-long soldier, Dwight Eisenhower knew intimately the reality of racial intolerance in the military. As president, he commanded compliance from subordinates and was able to overcome the deeply rooted racial institutions in the military establishment. By October 30, 1954, the last racially segregated unit in the armed forces had been abolished, and all federally controlled schools for military dependent children had been desegregated."
EMC - Eisenhower One-Pagers - Civil Rights

The problem, as always, for the brainless extremist far right, is that the issue was not party but geography.

For instance, the % by party voting AGAINST civil rights was higher among southern GOP than southern Dems.

In other words, my little Political Correct Political Chic, it was the North and West against the South.

The good of both parties beat down the evil of both parties.

And, tell us: how did Barry Goldwater vote?

No admirer of H. Truman, fairness in a discussion of racial progress in the US requires acknowledging this courageous contribution. When he initiated this move in 1947, apartheid was practiced in the most literal sense of the term in a great deal of the US. Blacks hadn't even advanced enough to get back. It was not something done to get good press, to say the least.

'Good Golly Miss Molly' also greatly enhanced the standing of black culture, on a less serious but true note.

The problem, as always, for the brainless extremist far right, is that the issue was not party but geography.

For instance, the % by party voting AGAINST civil rights was higher among southern GOP than southern Dems.

In other words, my little Political Correct Political Chic, it was the North and West against the South.

Who's the "us"?

You mean there's an entire brigade of dopes?

So.....are you implying that Goldwater was some sort of racist?

That would make you the chief dope.

1. According to this liberal myth, Goldwater and the Republicans were racists and used racism to appeal to racist southerners to change the electoral map. To believe the tale, one must be either a reliable Democrat voter, and/or be ignorant of the history of the time.
That would be you....

2. When Goldwater voted against the 1964 Civil Rights act, it was due to libertarian belief that the commerce clause did not allow restrictions on private property.
Of course, since the time of King FDR the 1st, the Constitution was no longer in effect....so his principled stand didn't matter.

3. “ He ended racial segregation in his family department stores, and he was instrumental in ending it in Phoenix schools and restaurants and in the Arizona National Guard.”
Washingtonpost.com: Barry Goldwater Dead at 89

That answer your query?

Last edited:
Thanks, PC.

What president desegregated the army?

"Eisenhower implemented the integration of the U.S. military forces. Although President Truman issued Executive Order 9981 (1948) to desegregate the military services, his administration had limited success in realizing it. As a life-long soldier, Dwight Eisenhower knew intimately the reality of racial intolerance in the military. As president, he commanded compliance from subordinates and was able to overcome the deeply rooted racial institutions in the military establishment. By October 30, 1954, the last racially segregated unit in the armed forces had been abolished, and all federally controlled schools for military dependent children had been desegregated."
EMC - Eisenhower One-Pagers - Civil Rights

So....you had difficulty in understanding the same thing in the OP?

b. Eisenhower put blacks in prominent positions, and moved to desegregate the military- Truman had done so partially. 82.03.04: An Analysis of the Civil Rights Act of 1964: A Legislated Response to Racial Discrimination in the U. S.

Truman ordered it....Eisenhower did it.

As they say in the South, there’s no education in the second kick of a mule.

So this has been explained to you how courageous it was for Truman to order integration, and you still don't get it, PC?

That Truman did it anyway knowing he would have to beat down the Dixiecrats on the right and the Wallaceites on the left in an election year?

And who ordered that businesses during WWII had to have integration on contracts with the government?

And how did Goldwater vote on Ciivil Rights (1984) and Voting Rights (1965) act?

And what were the %s of GOP vs. Dem among southern GOP and Dems in voting for the acts?

You would lose Romney's election if you were his manager before last January.

You just don't have what it takes.

Who's the "us"?

You mean there's an entire brigade of dopes?

So.....are you implying that Goldwater was some sort of racist?

That would make you the chief dope.

1. According to this liberal myth, Goldwater and the Republicans were racists and used racism to appeal to racist southerners to change the electoral map. To believe the tale, one must be either a reliable Democrat voter, and/or be ignorant of the history of the time.
That would be you....

2. When Goldwater voted against the 1964 Civil Rights act, it was due to libertarian belief that the commerce clause did not allow restrictions on private property.
Of course, since the time of King FDR the 1st, the Constitution was no longer in effect....so his principled stand didn't matter.

3. “ He ended racial segregation in his family department stores, and he was instrumental in ending it in Phoenix schools and restaurants and in the Arizona National Guard.”
Washingtonpost.com: Barry Goldwater Dead at 89

That answer your query?

Really?

Read what MLK Jr said about Barry Goldwater.

MLK on the Republican Nomination of Barry Goldwater | The Martin Luther King Jr. Center for Nonviolent Social Change

Goldwater was a closet racist. I met him in 1971 and was not impressed in the several hours I was in his presence.

The extremists in the Libertarian wing, like PC and her comrades, are simply loony.

Goldwater was a closet racist. I met him in 1971 and was not impressed in the several hours I was in his presence.

The extremists in the Libertarian wing, like PC and her comrades, are simply loony.

Yeah ..OK.... We'll take your word for it. So how old were you in 1971? Did you have an in depth conversation with him?

Once upon a time, Republicans were liberals and Democrats were social conservatives.

Things changed.

I don't know what happened to the GOP that sent them backwards and it is a real shame that they don't know either. Sadly, they now earn their reputation as the party of hate. Maybe Obama's win this time around will facilitate some navel-gazing among Republicans, but I have my doubts.

BG did not think that the Great Society was working and seriously believed that social democracy did not work. I was old enough to vote.

Yeah ..OK.... We'll take your word for it. So how old were you in 1971? Did you have an in depth conversation with him?

BG did not think that the Great Society was working and seriously believed that social democracy did not work. I was old enough to vote.

The "Great society" is a failure and I doubt you where old enough to vote

Once upon a time, Republicans were liberals and Democrats were social conservatives.

Things changed.

I don't know what happened to the GOP that sent them backwards and it is a real shame that they don't know either. Sadly, they now earn their reputation as the party of hate. Maybe Obama's win this time around will facilitate some navel-gazing among Republicans, but I have my doubts.

Have another drink

What you believe has no merit on these boards. Your comments have been shown to be wrong time after time after time. Jroc, you can look it up: poverty went from near 30% to 19% in four years. We are not going back to neo-con imperialism, and we are not going back to deregulation of commercial and investment banking. That will not happen again in your lifetime.

You pricks will never have control of American policy again.

Last edited:
Civil Rights was a North/South issue. Republicans in the South still opposed Civil Rights

One thing that was consistent was that Conservatives opposed Civil Rights

What you believe has no merit on these boards. Your comments have been shown to be wrong time after time after time. Jroc, you can look it up: poverty went from near 30% to 19% in four years. We are not going back to neo-con imperialism, and we are not going back to deregulation of commercial and investment banking. That will not happen again in your lifetime.

You pricks will never have control of American policy again.

Bull... we've spent trillions on it. Poor people and the black people are worst off for it, as the family structure has broken down because of the federal government taking the place of fathers in the home, it's a sad. You need to get out more Jake you’re stuck in a bubble

Forum List

Back