The truth about Buddhism

I have a bad temper so what realm for anger?

The Hell realms. Go and see the Mormon thread. I commented on KK's post and it explains the two ways of understanding the realms.

Funny though, I take it that hell isn't like the common myth for Bhuddism either. Anger itself isn't really a bad thing, it can be good. The release of that anger though can be bad many times because people rarely know how to release it well.

Funny though, I take it that hell isn't like the common myth for Bhuddism either. Anger itself isn't really a bad thing, it can be good. The release of that anger though can be bad many times because people rarely know how to release it well.

Anger isn't particularly a 'good' thing. It doesn't feel good, and the effects of anger are unpredictable.

That doesn't mean it should be suppressed. The best thing when possible, is to just feel it, feel its power. There is a clarity to anger. Anger transformed is one of the five wisdoms in Buddhism.

Anger isn't particularly a 'good' thing. It doesn't feel good, and the effects of anger are unpredictable.

That doesn't mean it should be suppressed. The best thing when possible, is to just feel it, feel its power. There is a clarity to anger. Anger transformed is one of the five wisdoms in Buddhism.

Or to channel it into something more worthwhile or constructive perhaps. Many of my best games were written because of anger, so there are good outlets for that power.

Or to channel it into something more worthwhile or constructive perhaps. Many of my best games were written because of anger, so there are good outlets for that power.

Using creativity to work with anger is constructive and worthwhile. Dumping a ton of abuse on someone when you're angry isn't.

Anger is natural. There can be an incredible clarity to the emotion. However, it can motivate violence.

Last edited by a moderator:
Using creativity to work with anger is constructive and worthwhile. Dumping a ton of abuse on someone when you're angry isn't.

Anger is useful. There can be an incredible clarity to the emotion.

Cool, another reason to like Bhuddism, though I didn't need another reason, still cool. I like anger, but I never abuse and try not to lash out at all, even in defense (though I do sometimes slip). But it's nice to see that more people see that it has the potential to be useful besides myself.

I use to be an Anger Management teacher as well, taught in homeless shelters to those repeat offenders who were trapped in the system and that has always been my strongest lesson. Use the anger to be constructive instead of destructive.

I'm learning the difference between anger and rage. Anger can be expressed and do some benefit. Sometimes my wife and I have fights and it clears the air. We get to the bottom of something that has been bugging both of us, and then we feel close and loving again.

Rage is not useful when expressed. It does not clear anything up. It is endless. The best way to treat rage is to heal the hurt and helplessness underlying the feeling of rage.

I'm learning the difference between anger and rage. Anger can be expressed and do some benefit. Sometimes my wife and I have fights and it clears the air. We get to the bottom of something that has been bugging both of us, and then we feel close and loving again.

Rage is not useful when expressed. It does not clear anything up. It is endless. The best way to treat rage is to heal the hurt and helplessness underlying the feeling of rage.

Rage is more of a symptom than an emotion. It is a result of having a strong emotion which one cannot deal with and is never a good thing. I always tell people, if you feel rage building then find out what's bothering you and deal with it, because the rage is usually not directed at the real problem but instead is directed at an innocent.

Rage is more of a symptom than an emotion. It is a result of having a strong emotion which one cannot deal with and is never a good thing. I always tell people, if you feel rage building then find out what's bothering you and deal with it, because the rage is usually not directed at the real problem but instead is directed at an innocent.

hmm interesting

My emphasis was on liberty. Buddhists are easy to defeat because they are pacifists. That's fine to a point.
All living things have a natural right to protect themselves, even Buddhists. And being intelligent creatures we have a responsibility to protect others.

Not all Buddhists are pacifists, a great many of the best practitioners of martial arts are Buddhists.

I like buddhists they seem really mellow

I like them to, my Wiccan friend follows some Buddhist beliefs, but mostly the nature stuff of Wicca than anything. She does however know a bit about the Buddhists and sometimes shares. It's fun talking to you all, but beddy bye time. Nighty all, and tonight has been interesting and fun, thanks.

Ok good, I found the thread. I have a ton of questions. I just got off work and will ask them either tonight or tomorrow.

Sorry, I have been very busy, I just got on again for the first time in a while. I will take my questions 1 at a time
1. How does Buddhism teach that the world was created?

Sorry, I have been very busy, I just got on again for the first time in a while. I will take my questions 1 at a time
1. How does Buddhism teach that the world was created?

Buddhism teaches that the world, as we experience it, has a dream-like nature.

It is the least material view of the universe, its contents and all beings therein that I have ever encountered.

While we appear, and the universe appears to our five senses, it is not solid, self-existing and permanent they way we think it is. Things appear, and they are compelling, and we experience them but they are dream-like, illusory.

This is a more subtle topic, because it touches on the the teachings of 'how things truly abide'.

When we dream, we see color, we have expereinces, we feel things, and then we wake up, and the dream world vanishes without a trace, and we carry ourselves within the 'waking' dream thinking this is all real. When we go to sleep at night, the 'real world' vanishes and we experience the dream world as 'real'.

Similarly, this is what happens when we die.

Forum List

Back