The truth about Buddhism

the tend to be yuppies.. the tend to drive European imports..they like to decorate there homes with Buddha stuff and paintings..they only have one child if any..they have a cast iron frying pan they are really anal about...sometimes they play a drum or a recorder or flute..often poorly
they are passive aggressive's....

Zen is a school of Mahayana Buddhism.

Do a bit more investigation dear. Matter of fact, my very first "real" theology was Zen, and then, I switched over to Tao.

And.....like I've said before........

Looking at the moon and contemplating thought (Einstein did that by the way), and learning how that philosophy works, well.......after you learn it reasonably well, you now have a compass that will point directly to the truth.

Yes. Buddhism spread throughout Asia. There are numerous forum of Buddhism.

They all share some of the basics.
The oddest form I encountered was Shin Buddhism. The nembutsu-only practice is often taken as a Buddhist form of Christianity. Because of what they believed to be a deterioration of mankind's ability to listen to and practice the Buddha-Dharma, that it deteriorates over time, it therefore becomes ineffective bringing people to Buddhahood. They therefore came up with what many consider "The Easy Path". By iterating certain words one can attain passage to a paradise or a "Pure Land" created by Sukiyama Buddha to allow regular people to attain paradise without enlightenment. If one is dedicated to this belief one is guaranteed admission to the "Pure Land". It is a salvation of sorts, obtained through the sacrifice of another.

There is a Shin Temple in Denver, we went there a few times and found it quite different than any other school of Buddhism we had participated in.

Last edited:
Q: How do you describe a schizophrenic Zen Buddhist?

A: A man who is at two with the universe

Yet again, you don't understand what you're talking about.

God is ONE, and therefore we can ALL be one. What the fuck do you think enlighenment is about? Jews refer to it in the Torah, when they tell you that enlightenment is part of the Shkina, which is God Himself revealing to you a small part of the puzzle.

The question is, what do you do with it once you've attained it?

Yet again, you don't understand what you're talking about.

God is ONE, and therefore we can ALL be one. What the fuck do you think enlighenment is about? Jews refer to it in the Torah, when they tell you that enlightenment is part of the Shkina, which is God Himself revealing to you a small part of the puzzle.

The question is, what do you do with it once you've attained it?
What you describe is pantheism, the universe itself makes up God. However Amida Buddha, while being that, is still more. The whole is larger than the sum of its components.

I know we try to simplify for those who do not yet understand.

Last edited:
Do a bit more investigation dear. Matter of fact, my very first "real" theology was Zen, and then, I switched over to Tao.

And.....like I've said before........

Looking at the moon and contemplating thought (Einstein did that by the way), and learning how that philosophy works, well.......after you learn it reasonably well, you now have a compass that will point directly to the truth.

Sure, I'll do another little bit of investigation about Buddhism and Zen. Tell me more about this 'Zen' that Buddhism is a part of?

How is it that Zen is not a school of Mahayana Buddhism.

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum List

Back