"The Trouble with Rand Paul"

Now here is something I really want to know....What will you zombies do when Ron Paul endorses Romney at the Convention??????If you dont think he will you really need to put down the bong cause Paul helped Romney win the Nomination. Why else would he spend so much attacking the conservatives in the race yet leave Romney almost unscathed?

Probably to much for your zombie mind to process but hope springs eternal.

The scenario you paint is certainly possible. If that happens, I'll cease and desist supporting the Pauls (and likely Campaign for Liberty, unless serious changes in leadership happen). That's about all I guess.

What would you do if Romney pushes for legalizing pot or comes out as a peacenik? The horror! :eek:

Then he pushes legalized pot......I dont smoke Pot so I dont care if pot becomes more expensive cause of taxes. I do care about the fact that it will create more government interference in our lives.

[

Then he pushes legalized pot......I dont smoke Pot so I dont care if pot becomes more expensive cause of taxes. I do care about the fact that it will create more government interference in our lives.

You obviously don't know the economics and legal ramifications of the illicit marijuana market, either. Legalize it and the cartels stop making their BILLIONS in profit, the government takes the majority of that profit in taxes and the retail price drops by about 30%.

With almost half of the population smoking pot now, government interference in our lives through law enforcement, courts, prisons, etc. is about as pervasive as it can get. Legalization would allow otherwise law-abiding citizens to go about their business WITHOUT all that government interference.

I think you just have a personal problem with potheads, which is why you sling such childish insults around. You should try having an adult conversation once in awhile, if the adults will let you into the room, that is...

[

You obviously don't know the economics and legal ramifications of the illicit marijuana market, either. Legalize it and the cartels stop making their BILLIONS in profit, the government takes the majority of that profit in taxes and the retail price drops by about 30%.

With almost half of the population smoking pot now, government interference in our lives through law enforcement, courts, prisons, etc. is about as pervasive as it can get. Legalization would allow otherwise law-abiding citizens to go about their business WITHOUT all that government interference.

I think you just have a personal problem with potheads, which is why you sling such childish insults around. You should try having an adult conversation once in awhile, if the adults will let you into the room, that is...

I think it's worse, actually. I think he just doesn't know what the fuck he's even talking about.

[

No the cartel of government and all its new regulations to deal with it will be making billions LOL

[

No the cartel of government and all its new regulations to deal with it will be making billions LOL

Imagine the horror of the us taxpayer dollars going to the us economy and the us gov't instead of foreign drug lords, american gangbangers and foreign terrorists.

However if you like drugs funding those types of people, by all means keep supporting your beloved drug war.

Imagine the horror of the us taxpayer dollars going to the us economy and the us gov't instead of foreign drug lords, american gangbangers and foreign terrorists.

However if you like drugs funding those types of people, by all means keep supporting your beloved drug war.

You really believe that if drugs are made legal all the crime will go away and the government will get smaller???????????/ Can you be so naive?

You really believe that if drugs are made legal all the crime will go away and the government will get smaller???????????/ Can you be so naive?

Never said or insinuated anything remotely like that, for god's sake put your talking points down and try to have one conversation.

I believe what I said, that the money from the drugs will simply go to the us economy, us farmers, us gov't rather than druglords, gangbangers and terrorists which is what's going on and what will continue as long as your beloved drug war is happening.

If someone smokes pot, snorts coke, or shoots heroine in their home, it has zero affect on anyone. Is it stupid and damaging? Yes, but so are a lot of legal things.

Never said or insinuated anything remotely like that, for god's sake put your talking points down and try to have one conversation.

I believe what I said, that the money from the drugs will simply go to the us economy, us farmers, us gov't rather than druglords, gangbangers and terrorists which is what's going on and what will continue as long as your beloved drug war is happening.

If someone smokes pot, snorts coke, or shoots heroine in their home, it has zero affect on anyone. Is it stupid and damaging? Yes, but so are a lot of legal things.

What bullshit How do we know this?????Cause we can see how cigarettes are is how drugs will be....Nothing but a cash cow for the government and another reason for MORE and MORE government.....How very non conservative of you to wish this LMAO

I think Rand Paul is just being a realist. It's a Two-Party System. That's just reality. What are our choices? I know most loyal Ron Paul supporters believe in an 'all or nothing' approach, but that's not always the wisest approach. I've listened and read Rand Paul's explanation, and i understand what he's saying. He's a bit different than his Father on style & approach. He's not as rigid and unwilling to compromise. Now i do greatly admire his Father for his strength & resolve, but an 'all or nothing' approach probably wont change things much.

Rand Paul is trying to change things from the inside. If you have any doubts about him, just look at his voting record and sponsored Legislation. He's been a real Hero in the Senate as far as i'm concerned. Him and his Dad were some of the very few to really fight the Patriot Act and NDAA. So i'm willing to give him a break on this one. He's not his Father's clone. There are differences between the two. But then again, what Father & Son do agree on everything?

Last edited:

What bullshit How do we know this?????Cause we can see how cigarettes are is how drugs will be....Nothing but a cash cow for the government and another reason for MORE and MORE government.....How very non conservative of you to wish this LMAO

I'm a social liberal, I don't want gov't regulating what plants people can grow, what's in the air they breath and what they do to themselves in the privacy of their own home. You being an authoritarian statist, demand gov't regulates these things.

Only the biggest brain dead idiot would think ending the trillions we've spent on the war on drugs would result in more gov't.

Common sense tells you american farmers would start growing cannabis because it'd make them a lot of money.

I'm a social liberal, I don't want gov't regulating what plants people can grow, what's in the air they breath and what they do to themselves in the privacy of their own home. You being an authoritarian statist, demand gov't regulates these things.

Only the biggest brain dead idiot would think ending the trillions we've spent on the war on drugs would result in more gov't.

Common sense tells you american farmers would start growing cannabis because it'd make them a lot of money.
Social liberal means full liberal

I'm a social liberal, you're a big government fiscal liberal.

I'll take my brand of liberalism over yours 7 days a week.

The Son is more practical than the Father. And there's good & bad with that. Ron Paul will never compromise, that's just who he is. His Son however, is trying to work for real change from within. I admire them both.

Hey fool maybe you should try again cause I dont want government to grow and you seem to with making drugs legal LOL Fucking hypocrite.

Hey fool maybe you should try again cause I dont want government to grow and you seem to with making drugs legal LOL Fucking hypocrite.

Here let me give you a pop quiz today.

Which of the following people wants government big enough to regulate what plants people grow, what's in the air they breath, and what they do to themselves in the privacy of their own home?

A.) Dr. Drock
B.) thanatos144

Which of the following people wants the government to continue spending $500 per second on the drug war?

A.) Dr. Drock
B.) thanatos144

It's a pretty simple quiz, not even you should screw this up.

That's quite a stretch. Ending the drug war is shrinking government, not growing it.

Really? cause the department they will make to regulate and tax drugs not to mention the money it will cost to take care of all the junkies???? LOL I live in reality friend and this isnt a magical action and before you say it it is not like beer cause I can have one drink and NOT get wasted.

Here let me give you a pop quiz today.

Which of the following people wants government big enough to regulate what plants people grow, what's in the air they breath, and what they do to themselves in the privacy of their own home?

A.) Dr. Drock
B.) thanatos144

Which of the following people wants the government to continue spending $500 per second on the drug war?

A.) Dr. Drock
B.) thanatos144

It's a pretty simple quiz, not even you should screw this up.

How foolish of you to think it will cost less to regulate it LOL

That's quite a stretch. Ending the drug war is shrinking government, not growing it.

Really? cause the department they will make to regulate and tax drugs not to mention the money it will cost to take care of all the junkies???? LOL I live in reality friend and this isnt a magical action and before you say it it is not like beer cause I can have one drink and NOT get wasted.

Someone could have one joint and not get high. Regardless, who wants them to make a department or tax drugs or pay for treatment of people who hurt themselves by using drugs? Nobody. Even with all of that, however, there's the moral aspect that every person inherently owns their own body. If they want to pollute it with drugs and alcohol nobody, not even the government, has the right to stop them.

Forum List

Back