Liberals Are Ruining America - New York Times

idb

Gold Member
Dec 26, 2010
...by not stopping Pub and Pub dupe idiocy...Riiggghhht! Thanks for the depression and now paralysis...

I guess you forgot that the Dems that have been in control for the past 5 1/2 years.

Eh, no matter but rather convenient memory loss, I'd say..

I suppose you're going to blame Bush.. huh

...by not stopping Pub and Pub dupe idiocy...Riiggghhht! Thanks for the depression and now paralysis...

So you disagree with the article?

Do you have anyone on 'Ignore'?

Doncha just LOVE it?

Last week, the NYT printed an anti-rw op/ed and the rw's went all kinds of nuts, telling us all, repeatedly and in great detail how they NYT is a LIB-rrel rag and can't be trusted.

This week, its an anti-lib op/ed and wowie zowie, the dittohead rw's and all over it.

Next week - well, we all know, don't we.

From the article:
We choose to see ourselves as innocent victims of an escalating right-wing fanaticism. But too often we serve as willing accomplices to this escalation and to the resulting degradation of our civic discourse
Bingo!

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/06/10/m...-america-i-know-because-i-am-one.html?_r=1&hp
This, to be blunt, is the tragic flaw of the modern liberal. We choose to see ourselves as innocent victims of an escalating right-wing fanaticism. But too often we serve as willing accomplices to this escalation and to the resulting degradation of our civic discourse. We do this, without even meaning to, by consuming conservative folly as mass entertainment.
....aannndd...GO!!!!!!!
I read your article. My, he has projection down to a fune-tuned cutting razor. The only trouble is, his razor is imaginary.

I mean, the guy quits his job because a black woman speaks at his Ivy League brainwashing tub and pats himself on the back in a self-serving diatribe? :lmao:

Last edited:
Doncha just LOVE it?

Last week, the NYT printed an anti-rw op/ed and the rw's went all kinds of nuts, telling us all, repeatedly and in great detail how they NYT is a LIB-rrel rag and can't be trusted.

This week, its an anti-lib op/ed and wowie zowie, the dittohead rw's and all over it.

Next week - well, we all know, don't we.

So you see it as an anti-liberal article?
Interesting.

Boring to read, I stopped about half way because this man is lost, hell he admits to being lost. Everything he hates he supports, what upsets him is not Hannity but rather that he is literally getting his way but things only get worse so he looks for others to blame.

This morn talks about listening to Rush only to flip the station back to NPR for his wife when he is done in the car alone, as if NPR is different than Rush. I as an uber conservative or “small Government” libertarian/whatever, never listen to Rush. I don’t listen to Rush because Rush is a talking head, I want news, unfiltered unscripted news. Instead I will listen to NPR but not for the news despite the fact that NPR believes itself to be “strait news” when really it’s nothing better than Rush. NPR’s “news” and many shows are incredibly left, so I try and avoid the “news” on NPR and look for shows that look at stuff like science, even there they hint at a left political mindset.

My point is the whole time this guy pretends it’s being like “conservatives” that makes liberals bad… They can’t just be bad. In fact he talks about this false victim mindset of liberalism and then he does it in his piece over and over and over again.

We live in an ultra progressive big Government society, there is no debate about it, calling Republicans "conservative" does not mean we have "small Government." Republicans and Democrats hold 99% the same policy once elected, so maybe this super smarty pants should stop playing the victim and star holding his own party accountable rather than pawning it all off on the “evil Republicans!!!!”

No wonder he listens to Rush, honest thought is beyond him.

Last edited:
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/06/10/m...-america-i-know-because-i-am-one.html?_r=1&hp
This, to be blunt, is the tragic flaw of the modern liberal. We choose to see ourselves as innocent victims of an escalating right-wing fanaticism. But too often we serve as willing accomplices to this escalation and to the resulting degradation of our civic discourse. We do this, without even meaning to, by consuming conservative folly as mass entertainment.
....aannndd...GO!!!!!!!
I read your article. My, he has projection down to a fune-tuned cutting razor. The only trouble is, his razor is imaginary.

I mean, a guy quits his job because a black woman speaks at his Ivy League brainwashing tub and pats himself on the back in a self-serving diatribe? :lmao:

You might be projecting a bit yourself?
He never said that he quit because a black woman spoke.

franhasHPV, did you know that your rep power is about the same as trolls that come to the board for a single day and start a single retarded thread, post dumb shit in it and never come back? The only difference is you keep doing it daily under the same account.

Boring to read, I stopped about half way because this man is lost, hell he admits to being lost. Everything he hates he supports, what upsets him is not Hannity but rather that he is literally getting his way but things only get worse so he looks for others to blame.

This morn talks about listening to Rush only to flip the station back to NPR for his wife when he is done in the car alone, as if NPR is different than Rush. I as an uber conservative or “small Government” libertarian/whatever, never listen to Rush. I don’t listen to Rush because Rush is a talking head, I want news, unfiltered unscripted news. Instead I will listen to NPR but not for the news despite the fact that NPR believes itself to be “strait news” when really it’s nothing better than Rush. NPR’s “news” and many shows are incredibly left, so I try and avoid the “news” on NPR and look for shows that look at stuff like science, even there they hint at a left political mindset.

My point is the whole time this guy pretends it’s being like “conservatives” that makes liberals bad… They can’t just be bad. In fact he talks about this false victim mindset of liberalism and then he does it in his piece over and over and over again.

We live in an ultra progressive big Government society, there is no debate about it, calling Republicans "conservative" does not mean we have "small Government." Republicans and Democrats hold 99% the same policy once elected, so maybe this super smarty pants should stop playing the victim and star holding his own party accountable rather than pawning it all off on the “evil Republicans!!!!”

No wonder listens to Rush, honest thought is beyond him.

I took it that he was upbraiding his own 'side' for giving the extreme right the oxygen of an audience and response.
He was suggesting that if you just ignore them then they'll fade into irrelevance.

Must suck to go through life paranoid that your fellow law abiding citizens are ruining the country.

Sad, miserable life.

I took it that he was upbraiding his own 'side' for giving the extreme right the oxygen of an audience and response.
He was suggesting that if you just ignore them then they'll fade into irrelevance.

He implied that everything can be blamed on Republicans and talking heads like Hannity. All liberals have to do is be themselves and not let the evil vile Republicans and talking heads control them.

At no point did he consider he might have the wrong answers. Instead he blames all the woes of the world on Republicans despite, once again, he gets everything he fucking wanted.

But what can I say, the guy was able to take a great job and quit because he didn’t like a fuckin speaker at an event… That’s the America he believes in, stop working to make your point!

franhasHPV, did you know that your rep power is about the same as trolls that come to the board for a single day and start a single retarded thread, post dumb shit in it and never come back? The only difference is you keep doing it daily under the same account.

I believe there should be a special name for members like... francoHFW

My vote is for, Slap-Unhappies..

Last edited:

He implied that everything can be blamed on Republicans and talking heads like Hannity. All liberals have to do is be themselves and not let the evil vile Republicans and talking heads control them.

At no point did he consider he might have the wrong answers. Instead he blames all the woes of the world on Republicans despite, once again, he gets everything he fucking wanted.

But what can I say, the guy was able to take a great job and quit because he didn’t like a fuckin speaker at an event… That’s the America he believes in, stop working to make your point!

I see it as a clear point.
He refers in his article to extremist right wingers.
He sees them as highjacking the Republican party agenda partly with the unwitting collusion of the Liberals.

I believe there should be a special name for members like... francoHFW

My vote is for, Slap-Unhappy..

I don't see why people with that negative of rep are allowed to post more than twice a day and not be allowed to start threads until they get their rep up to, lol, neutral.

Forum List

Back