The Top 1%

There will always be inequality.

My suggestion is force your leaders to give up their power and their money and spread it among the masses before you try to go after everyone else.

See how much they pay attention to you when you make such an attempt.

So long as good people do nothing, there will be inequality.

Inequality is nature. Nothing is equal in nature. There are those that eat and those that are eaten.

Even the Earth is an example of inequality.

It's a good thing then, that human beings have (supposedly) risen above that, and don't eat each other, eh? We may be animals, but we are still human.

This whole false notion stems from the poor function of the liberal mind. Liberals think that there is a finite amount of wealth and that if a few people have wealth then there is nothing left for those who don't yet have it.

Liberal ignorance (if you will pardon the redundancy).

Conservatives apparently believe that the Earth has endless resources. How else to explain their desire to rape and pillage the entire planet for their own benefit?

There will always be inequality.

My suggestion is force your leaders to give up their power and their money and spread it among the masses before you try to go after everyone else.

See how much they pay attention to you when you make such an attempt.

So long as good people do nothing, there will be inequality.

Bullshit! As long as people with low paying jobs learn no new skills, there will be inequality.

Right. It's the fault of the poor that they are poor (as if they actually want to be poor), and not the system itself.

facepalm-photo.jpg

Liberals act as if it's a competition and that the wealthy take some delight in keeping poor people poor.
That is not the case at all. Rich people want you to be rich. They want you to take over a part of the tax burden and more importantly, they want you to buy more of their products so that they become even wealthier.

If rich people wanted the poor to be rich, there would be no ghettos because the rich and poor would be living in the same neighborhoods. Clearly, the rich believe they are a breed apart.

Clearly, you are an idiot. It is not up to the rich to take the poor out of the ghettos.
I can't get an education for you. I can't instill a work ethic or get your ass out of bed after you spent the night smoking crack.

You do have the power to leave the ghetto. Get a fucking job.

Every man for himself, eh? You must have been the Captain of the Titanic, eh? No wonder this nation is failing.

...1% of the population owns/steals 40% of the wealth...
--and that's exactly how the Marxists see wealth, as something that the rich stole from the poor. What makes Americans so wealthy is they generally understand that wealth is something they can create. Like--

Peyton Manning, QB, Denver Broncos
145017992_display_image.jpg
Total earnings: $42.4 million Salary/winnings: $32.4 million Endorsements: $10 million
Most Americans know that Manning didn't "steal" those 55,000 yards of passes and 400 touchdowns, he made them.
MV5BMTI3MTU3MjgwM15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMzIwNTM5MQ@@._V1._SX140_CR0,0,140,209_.jpg

Jerry Seinfeld “ Net Worth - 800 Million ”
When most Americans watch Seinfeld reruns, they know that Jerry didn't steal his comic timing.
620x434.jpg

Dustin Moskovitz Age: 29 Net Worth: $5.2 billion
There have been no complaints from online advertisers that the Mark Zuckerberg' "stole" their ad payments.

Look, the rich can't steal money from the the poor because the poor don't have any money.

Gee, I wonder why that is?

Exactly, because a minimum wage job is designed to allow you to save $20,000.

A minimum wage job is what people with no skills take in order to build up a resume.
Acquire some skills and an education and even you can progress beyond cooking fries at Mickey D's.

I joined the Army and used the GI Bill. For those not that lucky, what should they do?

So what you are saying is that you got a hands up from the government. :cool:

A minimum wage job is what people with no skills take in order to build up a resume.
Acquire some skills and an education and even you can progress beyond cooking fries at Mickey D's.

I joined the Army and used the GI Bill. For those not that lucky, what should they do?

So what you are saying is that you got a hands up from the government. :cool:

[MENTION=20394]rdean[/MENTION] You were lucky? Why because the Army let you in, or because you got the same break all other servicemen get. No luck involved, Dweeb. You earned the GI bill with your service.

Last edited:
Liberals act as if it's a competition and that the wealthy take some delight in keeping poor people poor.
That is not the case at all. Rich people want you to be rich. They want you to take over a part of the tax burden and more importantly, they want you to buy more of their products so that they become even wealthier.

If rich people wanted the poor to be rich, there would be no ghettos because the rich and poor would be living in the same neighborhoods. Clearly, the rich believe they are a breed apart.

Clearly, you are an idiot. It is not up to the rich to take the poor out of the ghettos.
I can't get an education for you. I can't instill a work ethic or get your ass out of bed after you spent the night smoking crack.

I think the poster's referring to the inequality of wealth we have. We have people in this country worth over ten billion or more. They work very hard influencing public opinion and funding congressmen to vote for lower taxes. If you have say 10 billion you couldn't spend that money in a lifetime if you spent a million dollars a day. And you still want your taxes lower. When is enough enough? And this is a zero sum game we're talking about. A cut in food stamps would save a very wealthy person how much in taxes? But it would make the difference in a child having enough to eat versus not enough to eat, forgetting who the child's parent is for a bit. Maybe the parent is a worthless bum, maybe a working mom with doctor bills and the Toyota needs a transmission overhaul or she can't get to work.

Last edited:

I think the poster's referring to the inequality of wealth we have. We have people in this country worth over ten billion or more. They work very hard influencing public opinion and funding congressmen to vote for lower taxes. If you have say 10 billion you couldn't spend that money in a lifetime if you spent a million dollars a day. And you still want your taxes lower. When is enough enough? And this is a zero sum game we're talking about. A cut in food stamps would save a very wealthy person how much in taxes? But it would make the difference in a child having enough to eat versus not enough to eat, forgetting who the child's parent is for a bit. Maybe the parent is a worthless bum, maybe a working mom with doctor bills and the Toyota needs a transmission overhaul or she can't get to work.
Quite frankly. Let's suppose your billionaire Has a $1,000,000,000/year salary. Of course he can afford to pay for food stamps for those less fortunate, but he is already paying enough in taxes to pay for the food stamps of about 3,000 people. He is paying to rebuild a quarter million Toyota transmissions or the salaries of the entire Congress for 3 years.... In return for what? What services worth a quarter billion dollars does he receive?

Does Chevrolet charge you more for a minivan than they do your neighbor who makes 10% less/year?

Quite frankly. Let's suppose your billionaire Has a $1,000,000,000/year salary. Of course he can afford to pay for food stamps for those less fortunate, but he is already paying enough in taxes to pay for the food stamps of about 3,000 people. He is paying to rebuild a quarter million Toyota transmissions or the salaries of the entire Congress for 3 years.... In return for what? What services worth a quarter billion dollars does he receive?

Does Chevrolet charge you more for a minivan than they do your neighbor who makes 10% less/year?

In return for what? For the roads that keep his business thriving. For all the other infrastructure. For the safety that our military, police and firefighters give him. For the cures for disease that our tax dollars make possible, and much more. For the joy in knowing that he helped 3,000 people who needed it. He isn't paying to rebuild a quarter of a million transmissions. That claim is clearly ludicrous.

Last edited:
This whole false notion stems from the poor function of the liberal mind. Liberals think that there is a finite amount of wealth and that if a few people have wealth then there is nothing left for those who don't yet have it.

Conservatives apparently believe that the Earth has endless resources. How else to explain their desire to rape and pillage the entire planet for their own benefit?

So natural resources are the only source of wealth?

Without them, what have you got? Nothing. Without them, civilization collapses.

That is incorrect. Natural resources unto themselves are useless. It is the conversion of natural resources to useful products that makes them valuable. It is the technological application to the resources that creates wealth.

All wealth is created through technological progress. The only thing that limits the growth in aggregate wealth is the limits of the human mind.

You didn't answer my question.

And we're not running out of resources anytime soon.

Potable water. Over 2 billion people do not have access to fresh, clean potable water. In fact, I could easily argue that the next world war will be over this very issue. But hey, as long as the rich can afford it, eh? Those dastardly poor people ought to get off their arses and work harder so they too can have clean water.

Last edited:

That is incorrect. Natural resources unto themselves are useless. It is the conversion of natural resources to useful products that makes them valuable. It is the technological application to the resources that creates wealth.

All wealth is created through technological progress. The only thing that limits the growth in aggregate wealth is the limits of the human mind.

So, you can live indefinitely without drinking water? You must be a god. I don't know if you are aware of it, but man drank water (the most precious natural resource there is) for hundreds of thousands of years with no more technology than a cupped hand. By the way, it is not the conversion of a natural resource that makes it valuable. It is the demand for the resource that determines its value.

Last edited:

So, you can live indefinitely without drinking water? You must be a god.

We're running out of drinking water?

I doubt it.

...I joined the Army and used the GI Bill. For those not that lucky, what should they do?
LOL --I'm remembering when it was crappy to to get drafted but now it's the guy who joins the Army that's the lucky one! Then again, I'm one of the lucky ones because I cleaned toilets at Denny's while holding down other jobs to get through college!!

How about we consider that we're all lucky to be alive in this wonderful age...

...the rich can't steal money from the the poor because the poor don't have any money...
Gee, I wonder why that is?
Huh, you're thinking the poor don't have any money because they rich robbed them?

But-- if the poor originally had all money before then they weren't the 'poor' and if the rich got their money by theft then they couldn't have been 'rich' before they stole any money. Kind of sounds like what you're saying is that the poor stole their money from the rich so the rich got poor and the poor got rich and now you want the poor to form a gov't that sends thugs with guns to get their money back 'cuz they want to steal their own money back. Just think, back before when the rich were the poor minority they were suffering becuase the selfish majority just didn't care about spreading the wealth around so this means that we need to be grateful to the 1% poor who got rich the good 'ol American way. After all, the 99% got their money by stealing it from the 1% in the first place...

Hey, if you really mean that then please tell me how long this has been going on and please tell me where the money came from in the first place...

So, you can live indefinitely without drinking water? You must be a god.

We're running out of drinking water?

I doubt it.

That's because you don't know anything about it. I do. Drinking water in many parts of Africa, Asia, and most of Australia and many other regions is a VERY scarce resource. Irrigation water in the American prairies is drying up due to over-pumping of the finite groundwater resources. That puts all of us at jeopardy because our agriculture utterly depends on it. The situation is even worse I the central valley of California where much of our produce is grown. 50% of the American population depends for drinking water on ground water supplies that are being withdrawn far faster than they are being replenished. The Aral Sea, once the fourth largest body of fresh water, is nearly empty.

706px-Aral_Sea_1989-2008.jpg

1989 - 2008

This is a critical global issue that is only going to get much worse.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back