The Top 1%

Liberals act as if it's a competition and that the wealthy take some delight in keeping poor people poor.
That is not the case at all. Rich people want you to be rich. They want you to take over a part of the tax burden and more importantly, they want you to buy more of their products so that they become even wealthier.

Like Mitt Romney said, take a chance, start a business by borrowing 20,000 from your father.

Or you could save the 20K yourself.

Exactly, because a minimum wage job is designed to allow you to save $20,000.

A minimum wage job is what people with no skills take in order to build up a resume.
Acquire some skills and an education and even you can progress beyond cooking fries at Mickey D's.

How many times is this video going to be recycled here?

As long as people keep ignoring the ramifications of the inequality in our country.

There will always be inequality.

My suggestion is force your leaders to give up their power and their money and spread it among the masses before you try to go after everyone else.

See how much they pay attention to you when you make such an attempt.

So long as good people do nothing, there will be inequality.

Liberals act as if it's a competition and that the wealthy take some delight in keeping poor people poor.
That is not the case at all. Rich people want you to be rich. They want you to take over a part of the tax burden and more importantly, they want you to buy more of their products so that they become even wealthier.

If rich people wanted the poor to be rich, there would be no ghettos because the rich and poor would be living in the same neighborhoods. Clearly, the rich believe they are a breed apart.

As long as people keep ignoring the ramifications of the inequality in our country.

My suggestion is force your leaders to give up their power and their money and spread it among the masses before you try to go after everyone else.

Inequality is nature. Nothing is equal in nature. There are those that eat and those that are eaten.

Even the Earth is an example of inequality.

This whole false notion stems from the poor function of the liberal mind. Liberals think that there is a finite amount of wealth and that if a few people have wealth then there is nothing left for those who don't yet have it.

Liberal ignorance (if you will pardon the redundancy).

Bullshit! As long as people with low paying jobs learn no new skills, there will be inequality.

If rich people wanted the poor to be rich, there would be no ghettos because the rich and poor would be living in the same neighborhoods. Clearly, the rich believe they are a breed apart.

Clearly, you are an idiot. It is not up to the rich to take the poor out of the ghettos.
I can't get an education for you. I can't instill a work ethic or get your ass out of bed after you spent the night smoking crack.

You do have the power to leave the ghetto. Get a fucking job.

...1% of the population owns/steals 40% of the wealth...
--and that's exactly how the Marxists see wealth, as something that the rich stole from the poor. What makes Americans so wealthy is they generally understand that wealth is something they can create. Like--

Peyton Manning, QB, Denver Broncos
145017992_display_image.jpg
Total earnings: $42.4 million Salary/winnings: $32.4 million Endorsements: $10 million
Most Americans know that Manning didn't "steal" those 55,000 yards of passes and 400 touchdowns, he made them.
MV5BMTI3MTU3MjgwM15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMzIwNTM5MQ@@._V1._SX140_CR0,0,140,209_.jpg

Jerry Seinfeld “ Net Worth - 800 Million ”
When most Americans watch Seinfeld reruns, they know that Jerry didn't steal his comic timing.
620x434.jpg

Dustin Moskovitz Age: 29 Net Worth: $5.2 billion
There have been no complaints from online advertisers that the Mark Zuckerberg' "stole" their ad payments.

Look, the rich can't steal money from the the poor because the poor don't have any money.

I bet you won't understand this, but here it is anyway: Plot Summary of Harrison Bergeron.

It is the year 2081. Because of Amendments to the Constitution, every American is fully equal, meaning that no one is smarter, better-looking, stronger, or faster than anyone else. The Handicapper General and a team of agents ensure that the laws of equality are enforced. The government forces citizens to wear "handicaps" (a mask if they are too handsome or beautiful, earphones with deafening radio signals to make intelligent people unable to concentrate and form thoughts, and heavy weights to slow down those who are too strong or fast).

One April, 14 year old Harrison Bergeron, an extremely handsome teenage genius, is taken away from his parents, George and Hazel, by the government. George and Hazel are not fully aware of the tragedy. Hazel's lack of awareness is due to "average" intelligence, which in 2081, is the politically correct way of referring to someone of well-below-average intelligence. George does not comprehend the tragedy since the law requires him to wear the radio ear piece for twenty-four hours a day because he is of above-average intelligence.

Hazel and George are watching a ballet on TV. Hazel has been crying, though she cannot remember why. She remarks on the beauty of the dance. For a few moments, George reflects on the dancers, who are weighed down to counteract their gracefulness and masked to cover up their good looks. They have been handicapped so that TV viewers will not feel bad about their own appearance and hence will feel equally as talented and good-looking. Because of their handicaps, the dancers are not very good. A noise interrupts George's thoughts: two of the dancers onscreen hear the noise, too; apparently, they must wear radios as well.

Hazel thinks George looks exhausted and urges him to lie down and rest his "handicap bag", 47 pounds (21 kg) of weight placed in a bag and locked around George's neck. He says he hardly notices the weight any more. Hazel suggests taking a few of the weights out of the bag, but he says if everyone broke the law, society would return to its old competitive ways. Hazel says she would hate that. A noise interrupts the conversation, and George cannot remember what they were talking about.

On TV, a news reporter with a speech impediment attempts to read a bulletin. After 30 seconds, unable to even say "Ladies and Gentlemen", he hands the bulletin to a ballerina to read. Hazel commends him for working with his God-given abilities and says he should get a raise for trying so hard. The ballerina, wearing the most grotesque mask of all, and with weights meant for a 200-pound (90 kg) male, begins reading in her natural, beautiful voice, then apologizes and switches to a growly voice so that she will not sound nicer than anyone else. The bulletin says that Harrison has escaped from prison.

A photo of Harrison appears on the screen. He is wearing the handicaps meant to counteract his strength, intelligence, and good looks. The photo shows that he is 7 feet (2.1 m) tall and covered in 300 pounds (140 kg) of metal. He is wearing huge earphones, rather than a small radio, and big glasses meant to blind him and give him headaches. He is also wearing a red rubber nose and black caps over his teeth. His eyebrows are shaved off.

After a rumbling noise, the photo on the Bergerons' TV screen is replaced with an image of Harrison himself, who has stormed the studio. In an attempt to overthrow the government and its handicapping systems, he says that he is the emperor, the greatest ruler in history, and that everyone must obey him. Then he rips off all of his handicaps. He says that the first woman brave enough to stand up will be his empress. A ballerina, presumably the one who reads the report, rises to her feet. Harrison removes her handicaps and mask, revealing a blindingly beautiful woman.

He orders the musicians to play, saying he will make them royalty if they do their best. Unhappy with their initial attempt, Harrison conducts, waving a couple of musicians in the air like batons, and sings. They try again and do better. After listening to the music, Harrison and his empress dance. Defying gravity, they move through the air, flying 30 feet (9 m) upward to the ceiling, then, still in the air, they kiss each other.

Diana Moon Glampers, the Handicapper General, comes into the studio and kills Harrison and the empress with a shotgun. Turning the gun on the musicians, she orders them to put their handicaps on in ten seconds, or the same fate will happen to them. The Bergerons' screen goes dark. George, who has left the room to get a beer, returns and asks Hazel why she has been crying. She says that something sad happened on TV, but she cannot remember exactly what. He urges her not to remember sad things. A noise sounds in George's head, and Hazel says it sounded like a doozy. He says she can say that again, and she repeats that it sounded like a doozy.

Harrison Bergeron - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

...Get 3 or 4 and live like a king...
Huh, I remember having four jobs. I taught guitar lessons, played country/western in a redneck bar, surveyor's aid during the week, and part time night-shift washing dishes at Denny's --the idea was to put my wife though nursing school and when she graduated she supported me while finished my last two years of engineering.

Hard work but now I'm a one-percenter. Also, if it were too easy it wouldn't have been any fun.

...Get 3 or 4 and live like a king...
Huh, I remember having four jobs. I taught guitar lessons, played country/western in a redneck bar, surveyor's aid during the week, and part time night-shift washing dishes at Denny's --the idea was to put my wife though nursing school and when she graduated she supported me while finished my last two years of engineering.

Hard work but now I'm a one-percenter. Also, if it were too easy it wouldn't have been any fun.

Being a one-percenter isn't the way it sounds.

As you know it's not how much you own, but how much you earn in a year.

Or you could save the 20K yourself.

A minimum wage job is what people with no skills take in order to build up a resume.
Acquire some skills and an education and even you can progress beyond cooking fries at Mickey D's.

I joined the Army and used the GI Bill. For those not that lucky, what should they do?

I joined the Army and used the GI Bill. For those not that lucky, what should they do?

I guess piss and moan about it and demand the Democrats redistribute wealth in return for votes.Which they seem to be doing now.

Forum List

Back