The Ten Commandments and homosexuality

acludem said:
So let me get this straight (no pun intended)...Conservative Christians are going to use evolution to argue against gay rights? Wow. Wow. Wow.

Again, no one really answered my question. If homosexual behavior is not natural and is a choice, why do many animal species engage in homosexual sex? Do you claim that animals make behavioral choices? Do animals have morals? If so, shouldn't you be out preaching to the Giraffes to stop the sin of homosexuality?

There was also a story of two male penguins at a zoo in New York City that became nest mates, adopted an egg and raised the hatchling. They naturally gravitated toward each other. No one at the zoo told them to, and believe it or not, none of the other penguins told them not too.

acludem

Are these two the mascots of the gay movement?

As a designer I have to reject the idea of putting the incorrect "tools" in places that are designed to hold "stuff"in. Health wise, this isn't a good idea because this "area" wasn't designed to have that done to it so it is susceptible to serious damage. Over time the ability to hold "stuff" in is destroyed and you end up having to add accesories to the human body, I believe they are called colostomy bag.....echh.

That may work for you aclumen and mattskramer, i'm not interested.

Hey aclu - you might want to stop using these two as your poster-children for gay marriage: they broke up.

penguins.jpg

New York City's most famous gay penguin couple has split up.

Even worse, one of them has taken up with a female penguin new to the Central Park Zoo (search), the New York Post reports.

Silo and Roy, two male chinstrap penguins (search) native to the South Atlantic, made local headlines six years ago when they came out with their same-sex relationship.

Since then, the pair have successfully hatched and raised an adopted chick — after trying to incubate a rock — and become role models for six other same-sex couples among penguins at the zoo.

That all ended when Scrappy, a single female newly arrived from SeaWorld in San Diego, caught Silo's eye.

"Silo and Roy stopped spending as much time together or building a nest," said John Rowden, curator of animals at the zoo.

Silo promptly moved in with Scrappy, building a new nest with her.
Zookeepers were at a loss to explain Silo's sudden conversion.

"Why does anyone bond? Why do people want to get married and divorced?" said Dr. Dee Boersma (search), penguin expert at the University of Washington in Seattle. "Presumably, they've got their reasons."

Silo and his hot-feathered home-wrecker have yet to produce an egg, but they've been busy trying.

On Thursday, Roy, all alone, sat disconsolately at the edge of the penguin area, staring at the wall.

"If you got divorced, would you want to see your old mate around?" reasoned Boersma.

Besides, she added, "he's probably courting other penguins, getting ready for next season."

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,169653,00.html

-----

Tell me this. If Silo was really gay, why is he taking up with a female? I thought if you were gay...you were gay.

You know...born that way; can't change...

GotZoom said:
Hey aclu - you might want to stop using these two as your poster-children for gay marriage: they broke up.

penguins.jpg

Even worse, one of them has taken up with a female penguin new to the Central Park Zoo (search), the New York Post reports.

Silo and Roy, two male chinstrap penguins (search) native to the South Atlantic, made local headlines six years ago when they came out with their same-sex relationship.

Since then, the pair have successfully hatched and raised an adopted chick — after trying to incubate a rock — and become role models for six other same-sex couples among penguins at the zoo.

That all ended when Scrappy, a single female newly arrived from SeaWorld in San Diego, caught Silo's eye.

"Silo and Roy stopped spending as much time together or building a nest," said John Rowden, curator of animals at the zoo.

"Why does anyone bond? Why do people want to get married and divorced?" said Dr. Dee Boersma (search), penguin expert at the University of Washington in Seattle. "Presumably, they've got their reasons."

Silo and his hot-feathered home-wrecker have yet to produce an egg, but they've been busy trying.

On Thursday, Roy, all alone, sat disconsolately at the edge of the penguin area, staring at the wall.

"If you got divorced, would you want to see your old mate around?" reasoned Boersma.

Besides, she added, "he's probably courting other penguins, getting ready for next season."

-----

Tell me this. If Silo was really gay, why is he taking up with a female? I thought if you were gay...you were gay.

Come on now Zoom, you know the standard answer to that ....Silo is a bisexual penguin and he will probably figure out a way for the two of them to bring Roy into the family (menage et tois)......then they will have the many problems that come up from that then there will be the standard domestic violence that follows along with the murder of one or the other(bludgeoned with a frozen tuna).

I wondered why people acted this way, now I know, they study animals to find the correct way to act.

GotZoom said:

penguins.jpg

-----

Ever hear of a Kinsey 4? ;)

I think the penguins are cute.

Bullypulpit said:
Indeed. In order to pander to the religious zealots that many politicians consider crucial for their election prospects, they allow religious doctrine to trump civil law.
Religious doctrine and civil law are two different thing. But they are not mutually exclusive. In an unhindered, representitive government the people make the laws. Their decisions may or may not be colored by religious doctrine. What's the difference?
You want to change the laws? Change people's minds.

What about the other six same-sex penguin couples? Have they broken up? The 14% divorce rate among gay penguins in central park is still far below the average for heterosexual couples in the United States. :teeth:

acludem

acludem said:
What about the other six same-sex penguin couples? Have they broken up? The 14% divorce rate among gay penguins in central park is still far below the average for heterosexual couples in the United States. :teeth:

acludem

Let me see if I understand this.

1. Homosexuality is acceptable as "normal" behavior because there are many animals in the world who "act" homosexual; it's naturally occuring in nature with animals so therefore it is natural in the human race.

2. When it is pointed out that the "Penguin Pride" example is debunked; you stress the 14% divorce rate of penguins in the zoo and how that relates to human heterosexual in the United States.

One problem aclu. They didn't get a "divorce."

The gay penguin went STRAIGHT. No more homosexual feelings. You know...changed...went against his natural "born tendency.

I asked the following question before:

gotzoom said:

I asked you a question. You just threw some goofy remark about how the divorce rate among gay penguins is less than that of heterosexual couples.

If the Pro-gay forces are going to try to win their argument by using statistics like you did about gay penguins to further their point; they are in a lot of trouble.

I'm still waiting for the answer to my first question.

• Thanks
Reactions: dmp
Get a grip, I was joking around about the divorce rate. Of course they weren't "married". Perhaps the one penguin is bisexual, the other one hasn't gone running to a female.

Anti-gay folks frequently describe homosexuality as "unnatural". I was pointing out that, in fact, it is very natural.

acludem

acludem said:
Get a grip, I was joking around about the divorce rate. Of course they weren't "married". Perhaps the one penguin is bisexual, the other one hasn't gone running to a female.

Anti-gay folks frequently describe homosexuality as "unnatural". I was pointing out that, in fact, it is very natural.

acludem

Natural? Are you thinking because something happens in nature it's natural/normal? Albino Tigers are 'natural' but FAR from normal. Penguins with NO concept of sexuality who bond and act according to their inate urges are NOT gay. They are fucking penguins who lack the awareness to know better. SOMETHING- ANYTHING happening in nature isn't justifying the occurance. It's NATURAL for Washington to get tornados like the midwest...it's FAR from normal.

It's VERY unnatural for those animals you listed - only the penguins carry much weight as the others are w/o sources - to behave as they were...that's the point.

I'm really curious why, when the subject of homosexuality comes up, so does the behavior of animals? Animals go on instinct, but they too have been affected by sin.
Tho' man is a mammal, what sets him apart from all the other animals is his ability to reason. (well some of us, anyway)

acludem said:

acludem

Now the penguin is bisexual.

First they were gay, then one isn't gay - he is bisexual.

Again...if the best you can do to convince everyone that homosexuality is a natural behavior is to keep tap dancing between gay penguins, then bisexual penguins....I think you need to get a grip.

GotZoom said:
Now the penguin is bisexual.

First they were gay, then one isn't gay - he is bisexual.

Again...if the best you can do to convince everyone that homosexuality is a natural behavior is to keep tap dancing between gay penguins, then bisexual penguins....I think you need to get a grip.

yup
aclue-less is back to try again --bisexual penguins !!!! :rotflmao:

dilloduck said:
yup
aclue-less is back to try again --bisexual penguins !!!! :rotflmao:

I wonder how many male penguins feel trapped in a female body and vice versa? It's time to get them some psychiatric help and a veterinarian that specializes in "alterations" for these poor unhappy creatures. Is the gay penguin's nest prettier than the ones decorated by the lowly straight males?

sitarro said:
.....Is the gay penguin's nest prettier than the ones decorated by the lowly straight males?
It may not be prettier, but you can bet it's neater & cleaner.

Joz said:
A person must be licensed by the state in order to solemnize marriages. The license must also must be through a legally acknowledged church, so just anyone cannot get licensed. Marriage laws vary from state to state, so if you're contemplating marriage, you need to check with your local county seat for requirements.
I have this link on my site,

http://usmarriagelaws.com/

Some states no longer recognize common law marriages. And some allow "divorce", such as property division, after 1 year of living together. There are some clergy that do same-sex unions (I am not one of them) but they are not recognized unless the State has deemed so.

Marriage is mentioned throughout the Bible from God creating Eve and joining her to Adam, to instructions to the Israelites, the love story between Isaac & Rebecca, the love letters of Solomon & his beloved, the wedding in Cana and in Hebrews 13:4 where it exhorts us to honor our marriage & vows.

My wife and I were married in a judge's chambers, there was no church involvement. As for Adam and Eve...sounds like "common law" to me.

Bullypulpit said:
My wife and I were married in a judge's chambers, there was no church involvement. As for Adam and Eve...sounds like "common law" to me.
1. I'm sorry I wasn't clear. I assumed that it was common knowledge that judges, mayors, have that authority. Otherwise, a person must be a clergy in order to get their license thru the state.
"Contrary to popular belief, ship captains have no particular authority to solemnize a marriage, at least no more so than anyone else. In the case of the US Navy and the British Mercantile Marine, captains explicitly do not have the right to perform marriage as the following extract from the Code of Federal Regulations shows:

The commanding officer shall not perform a marriage ceremony on board his ship or aircraft. He shall not permit a marriage ceremony to be performed on board when the ship or aircraft is outside the territory of the United States, except: (a) In accordance with local laws ... and (b) In the presence of a diplomatic or consular official of the United States."

32 CFR 700.716
http://www.straightdope.com/classics/a2_329.html

Again it varies from state to state. In Calif. a judge must be deputized. And TN is rather strict. In W.Va, witnesses aren't required. Delaware doesn't license an officiant.
Michigan has a special law for Quakers and a House Bill requesting judges to be able to solemnize statewide.

ALLOW JUDGES TO SOLEMNIZE MARRIAGES STATEWIDE
A SUMMARY OF HOUSE BILL 5811 AS INTRODUCED 3-19-02
House Bill 5811 would amend Chapter 83 of the Revised Statutes of 1846 (MCL 551.7), which deals with the solemnization of marriage, ......

2. I think God presenting a perfect woman to Adam and instructing them on their lives constitutes as a blessing on the union. And that's merely what solemnizing marriages is about. And unless the ceremony is a civil ceremony, or pagan/wiccan, the officiant acknowledges that the marriage is being performed before God. Even those religions that do not believe in "God" perform the ceremony before their deity.

acludem said:

acludem

Monkeys flinging poo at each other is "natural," but no one is suggesting we start doing that, are they? Just because animals behave in a certain manner doesn't mean it's necessarily moral for humans to act in that way.

Humans fling "poo" at each other, we just do it figuratively rather than literally, don't believe me? Just read the posts in this thread.

As for the penguin being bisexual, I don't know. Clearly he isn't "heterosexual" or he wouldn't have been in the gay relationship for several years. Maybe he just goes for the penguin rather than the gender...I'm no expert on animal sexuality, so I really don't know.

Homosexuality is natural. There have been gay people since there have been people. There were probably gay dinosaurs like the Likalotapus, and perhaps the anasuarus (for those of you incapable of understanding, I'm joking here).

acludem

Forum List

Back