Zone1 The Teaching Profession has a problem

Dude.. that’s not what separation of church and state means. How sad is it that people still think there’s a freedom to not be confronted with religion from other individuals.

Long story short, the actual meaning is that the USA cannot make a religion it’s national religion and dictate forced conversion.. as is what happened in Europe for centuries.

Please, educate yourself on this before you make yourself look so foolish in the future
Sorry that my understanding begins where yours ends -- with your simplistic interpretation of the Constitutional language. Time marches on. Courts visit and revisit. Meaning evolves. FFRF supplies current legal fact, not simply your pedestrian understandings of the issue. Bark back at me with legal, conflicting quotes and sources or bark at me not.
people still think there’s a freedom to not be confronted with religion from other individuals.
They don't. We enjoy our freedom not to be confronted with religion by or from the State. Freedom From State supported Religious interference. We're legally free to be however religious or secular we like.

You are making a mountain out of a molehill. That is what I am trying to point out.
Well hey, 10-15 unarmed black men are killed by police every year… yet, we’re told one is too many, and also by polling made to believe it’s happening by the thousands every year.

If something is immoral, and it’s clearly happening.. while a segment of the population is pushing for it to continue.. why aren’t we allowed to notice and act against it?

What if it happened to your kid?

Sorry that my understanding begins where yours ends -- with your simplistic interpretation of the Constitutional language. Time marches on. Courts visit and revisit. Meaning evolves.
No, meaning is mostly kept. That’s just bumper sticker “I’m a leftist and I don’t like the constitution” talk. If you don’t like this one, go start your own country and write your own.

They don't. We enjoy our freedom not to be confronted with religion by or from the State.
You obviously don’t know what the constitution says. I’m sure the meaning has been changed in your bubble though.

The state as an institution doesn’t make people pray or listen to sermons. That’s a fact. There’s no need for you to be scared.

Well hey, 10-15 unarmed black men are killed by police every year… yet, we’re told one is too many, and also by polling made to believe it’s happening by the thousands every year.

If something is immoral, and it’s clearly happening.. while a segment of the population is pushing for it to continue.. why aren’t we allowed to notice and act against it?

What if it happened to your kid?

Thank you for providing a perfect example of how the problem is minute, but made by the media to be an incredible problem that is a characteristic of every teacher.

an incredible problem that is a characteristic of every teacher.
Nobody said that.. bringing up a problem in a community doesn’t brand all. With that logic nobody can challenge or critique anyone. Common leftist defense tactic there to avoid the issue.

Let me guess.. bringing it up makes teachers “unsafe”.. is that what you’ll say next?

Meanwhile.. unless you say otherwise, I’ll just assume you hold no sympathy for the victims here.. F em, right? We don’t want to hurt a few teachers feelings after all

No, meaning is mostly kept. That’s just bumper sticker “I’m a leftist and I don’t like the constitution” talk. If you don’t like this one, go start your own country and write your own.

You obviously don’t know what the constitution says. I’m sure the meaning has been changed in your bubble though.

The state as an institution doesn’t make people pray or listen to sermons. That’s a fact. There’s no need for you to be scared.
Here's an idea! When you actually have nothing but hot air to offer in response to well supported fact, enjoy a nice big cup of STFU.

Personally, I think teachers are short-changed in the short-term, but overall spoiled in the long-term. They get their pension and recieve nearly full time wages, at the expense of the tax-payer, for the rest of their life. Anyone from the private sector would love to have such lovely retirement. I think teachers wages should be increased, but cut the pension.

I don't know who is feeding you this but I'm in the same retirement system as Teachers for my state.

#1 I'll be able to retire at 65 with retirement revenue from the State plan equal to 38% of my full time salary. The target retirement age is 65, however early retirement is available with 30 years of service but a reduction factor is applied for early retirement (meaning a smaller check).

#2 I checked a recent pension fund report and the revenues totaled $3.3 Billion from employer and employee contributions and $22.3 Billion net investment income with $6.2 Billion paid out in benefits and operating expenses. The VAST majority of revenues that fund benefits in my state don't come from taxpayers, they come from pension fund investments.

Glad to help.

WW

Educationally, not endorsing any of them, not requiring acceptance or celebration, and no claims of hatred if you don’t believe in them. I’ve not seen or heard of public schools teaching the faith, they just reference it’s existence historically

Nice try though
Most parochial schools don't require acceptance of the faith supporting the school. Get past your bigotry.

Most parochial schools don't require acceptance of the faith supporting the school.
They teach the faith and base their education around it. It’s about what the program is allowed
to do.

If public schools arent to teach religious faith, then they certainly shouldn’t be allowed to teach radical trans ideology, especially without the parents Knowledge, which keeps turning up as happening.

Get past your bigotry.
Boy did I predict that.. The only thing that screams is that you must not have very good arguments. Let me know when you stop the temper tantrum and want to get back to the point.

That's what 'separation of church and state' means. Freedom From Religion.
first-amendment-S.jpg

Can you provide where people are saying all teachers are pushing trans on kids?
I normally provide lots of things gladly. But after your childish truncation of what the Admiral said, clearly changing his meaning deliberately and then just continuing to miss everyone's point..? It's clear that you're not only disinterested in having a logical, fact based discussion about anything, you run from every invitation with a vengeance.

So, no. I cannot provide evidence supportive of your complete mischaracterization of the Admiral's point. Truth is, as the Admiral was indicating, the corporate media shamelessly catapults such populist propaganda now -- makes mountains of molehills -- because that's how it sells the most ads. The question then is, who creates this sort of propaganda to begin with?

Let's see,.. could it be Satan? No, let's try a bit harder,.. Well, who generally goes nuts whenever LGBTQX$@# stuff is brought up? Oh, I know, the Christofascist Brigades!

Who are they specifically? Easy. Check who's sponsoring all these Bills currently being pushed across the land..

Nobody said that.. bringing up a problem in a community doesn’t brand all. With that logic nobody can challenge or critique anyone. Common leftist defense tactic there to avoid the issue.

Let me guess.. bringing it up makes teachers “unsafe”.. is that what you’ll say next?

Meanwhile.. unless you say otherwise, I’ll just assume you hold no sympathy for the victims here.. F em, right? We don’t want to hurt a few teachers feelings after all

If you keep putting words in my mouth and assuming what I will say, what is the purpose of having a discussion?

I worked at an elementary school for 6 years, and I keep up-to-date on what's going on in our schools.

Personally, I think teachers are short-changed in the short-term, but overall spoiled in the long-term. They get their pension and recieve nearly full time wages, at the expense of the tax-payer, for the rest of their life. Anyone from the private sector would love to have such lovely retirement. I think teachers wages should be increased, but cut the pension. The Teacher's union is way too strong, and is now extremely political, supporting the Democrat party without attempting to hide it.

However, from what I've observed in the millenial/gen Z group of teachers.. they seem to fall in the "activist" department. They feel its their duty to guide youth in the "correct" direction instead of giving all of the viewpoints objectively. When I taught, I had no problem talking about different issues in history, religious holidays, etc. in a matter-of-fact manner. Yet, what I've noticed is a massive dose of egoism, narcissism, and justification of sharing THEIR "life experiences" with 30 kids under their care, and being an activist in presenting which morals are correct, and which are evil.

Nothing can accentuate this more than the Trans issue in schools. Over time we find out about more and more instances of teachers influencing, encouraging a child's confusion of their gender/sex, and even attempting to hide such issues from parents. This isn't a one-off, it's clear to find across the country. These teachers feel they are performing a duty to harvest and guide a child's innocence towards radical, unhealthy, permanent choices because of their own beliefs, without considering the consequences for their targeted victim.

Much like the left loves to point fingers at the police for having an anti-black culture problem, teachers have an activist problem. They are more and more becoming leftist, child-less activists who don't have children but simply want to influence and indoctrinate yours. It's now common to see verified teachers on social media openly promoting their sharing of their sex life, their lifestyles, and putting LGBTQ flags or BLM flags/symbols in their classrooms. They feel it's important that 30 random kids need to know all about THEIR life.. pure egoism and narcissism.
Yeah, that problem is republic maga fuckups.

So is the KKK more of a liberal thing or a conservative thing?

In general Admiral, Is it liberals that hate blacks or is it conservatives that hate blacks?
What has that got to do with what I said? I was just stating the truth about the history of the KKK who believes it is simply a southern thing.

The KKK was opposed to change, something the Democrats held near and dear to their hearts. There was a major resurgence of the KKK in the 1920s-1930s, even called the 2nd Klan. About WWII, things changed and the Democrats abandoned racial discrimination for the most part. Desegregating the military would be a good example. The KKK continued voting Democrat, but not for that reason, but other beliefs. The KKK did not vote Democrat thereafter, Some KKK members shifted to the Republicans, but the party itself opposes everything the KKK stands for, so they in effect are a group that has no party. Today, both Republicans and Democrats oppose the KKK.

I normally provide lots of things gladly. But after your childish truncation of what the Admiral said, clearly changing his meaning deliberately and then just continuing to miss everyone's point..? It's clear that you're not only disinterested in having a logical, fact based discussion about anything, you run from every invitation with a vengeance.

So, no. I cannot provide evidence supportive of your complete mischaracterization of the Admiral's point. Truth is, as the Admiral was indicating, the corporate media shamelessly catapults such populist propaganda now -- makes mountains of molehills -- because that's how it sells the most ads. The question then is, who creates this sort of propaganda to begin with?

Let's see,.. could it be Satan? No, let's try a bit harder,.. Well, who generally goes nuts whenever LGBTQX$@# stuff is brought up? Oh, I know, the Christofascist Brigades!

Who are they specifically? Easy. Check who's sponsoring all these Bills currently being pushed across the land..
Thank you!

What has that got to do with what I said? I was just stating the truth about the history of the KKK who believes it is simply a southern thing.

The KKK was opposed to change, something the Democrats held near and dear to their hearts. There was a major resurgence of the KKK in the 1920s-1930s, even called the 2nd Klan. About WWII, things changed and the Democrats abandoned racial discrimination for the most part. Desegregating the military would be a good example. The KKK continued voting Democrat, but not for that reason, but other beliefs. The KKK did not vote Democrat thereafter, Some KKK members shifted to the Republicans, but the party itself opposes everything the KKK stands for, so they in effect are a group that has no party. Today, both Republicans and Democrats oppose the KKK.
Sure, see which party dave duke settled in.

Forum List

Back