The symptoms and the damage

Discussion in 'Religion and Ethics' started by Smartt33, Jan 4, 2010.

1. Smartt33

Smartt33 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +147
    The symptom was that rwo lesbians got together in a "civil union."

It did not last very long.

One wanted to be a mother and got pregnant. She was willing to have a child with two moms.

The damages are much worse than the symptoms. A child was born. The civil unin severed. Now a child is a pawn in a court battle, and is being ordered into the hands of the woman who is not the biological mother, by the courts.

This is a very sick situation, and is all because of an immoral lifestyle and selfish people.

How can the courts even come up with such a ruling. It contradicts and goes against any common sense. Legal means nothing if it is wrong, and this case has resulted in wrong action by the courts.

While both women are guilty of immorality, one realized her errors, and has done well in the case. The other is still living in immorality and the child doesn't even want to go to be with her.

ACLU is in the middle of it, and of course they will rule with the immorality. That is their "general" MO.

There was a little boy who had to go back to his biological father in Cuba, but that "father" hardly even knew the boy, and everything was good for the boy where he was, even though he was not living with biological family. Thanks to the courts and some political figures!!!

Courts generally rule against the fathers in cases where the mother is doing well, but in this case, where the biological connection does not even exist, the courts rule for the person who was the biological mother's "civil parther," who has no biological connection at all.

The courts are screwed up totally. ACLU is destroying any hope for a moral America. And... well God help America, please.

2. Ravi

Ravi Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +29,829
    Like straight couples can't fuck up to this extent.

Did you see the story about Uganda...3 evangelicals went over there and preached that gays can be cured and now Uganda is working to make homosexuality a death penalty crime.

Fucking stupid assholes.

3. uscitizen

uscitizen Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,807
    Hetros never have marital or custody issues do they?

Take Tiger for instance....

4. slackjawed

slackjawed Self deported

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +645
    Courts are not fair, they have no basis in fairness. The courts are a private club, for lawyers by lawyers.
    Don't believe that? Try going to court on a pro se basis sometime (represent yourself).
    Nobody should be surprised at a court decision like the one detailed in the OP.
    Courts are a closely guarded closed society of lawyers. Not all lawyers are scum, but the ones that are scum seem to have the most illustrious careers.
    In a side note, I am willing to bet that the courthouse shooter in Las Vegas had some kind of beef with a judge. Some news outlets are already hinting at that by reporting how threats against judges have gone up over the past 5 years. There is a reason they have metal detectors at courthouses.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  5. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Is there a link?

I'll assume this is the topic?

Judge Orders Evangelical Christian Mom Lisa Miller to Give Her Child to Gay Ex-Lover - Crimesider - CBS News

Hmmm, I'm not so sure about 'former' lesbian, nevertheless. It's this one that has raised the child, was the biological mother.

I can see the courts granting visitation to the non-biological to some degree, but custody? :eek:

Can't see that happening with a man that was non-biological.

Who wants equal rights? Extraordinary rights?

6. uscitizen

uscitizen Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,807
    And from just that brief article you can deicde which person will be best for the child?
    One of them may be totally loony and say god told her to starve the devil out of the child or somesuch.
    Sheesh...

7. chanel

chanel Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,749
    True uscitizen. And Obama could be the anti-Christ. You are one strange dude.

This is a sad story and I don't ascribe to the "homosexuality is a choice" idea. But with that said, in some cases of lesbians, like Anne Heche, they are simply confused young women. I do believe this woman realized chicks were not her preference, but I doubt if the church was the sole factor in her self realization. I just hope the judge considered the best interests of the child, and not political correctness in this case.

8. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    I've seen nothing here that appears to be considering 'the best interests of the child.' I see best case scenario for proudly gay and anti-religious.

Personally the religious choice of the birth/bio mother isn't my cup of tea. I also doubt the 'choice' of being homosexual, so wouldn't say the birth mother's decision to 'be straight' is point on her behalf.

Yet, she's the one that raised this child, who up until this 'battle' seemed happy and thriving. Along comes the 'one' who last saw the child at 14 months, who disagrees with religious upbringing, etc. Granted sole custody? Give me a break.

I don't like that bio-mom went on lamb, but who would have done differently? If someone told me to turn my 7 year old over to a non-bio person, who last saw the child over 5 years ago, I don't know that I'd not run.

9. Avatar4321

Avatar4321 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,188
    Here's a crazy idea. how about she stay with her mother instead of someone who is absolutely no one to her?

10. Smartt33

Smartt33 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +147
    Actually, this happened to be about a gay couple, but is it true that we all can mess up.

It is about a lifestyle, not a sin that happens from time to time. We do all sin. Some just have it as a lifestyle.