The suicide rate is the highest it's been in half a century...why? what SOLUTIONS do you propose?

The plan is working perfectly.
You know all them drug overdoses in Appalachia are tRumpkins right?
Yes because blacks and beans don't OD.
Not like the poor whites in Appalachia.

In Kentucky, Pennsylvania, Ohio and West Virginia, deaths were up more than 1,000 percent
Go up 4 floors minimum.

Jump for Trump.
You first sweetheart.
2 is my lucky number. Kid.

The plan is working perfectly.
Not like the poor whites in Appalachia.

In Kentucky, Pennsylvania, Ohio and West Virginia, deaths were up more than 1,000 percent
Go up 4 floors minimum.

Jump for Trump.
Why should I do that?

I might miss Trump jumping out of the Penthouse Apartment balcony at Trump Towers when they try to come and get him.
Because you're stupid.

Sure they do, but there ain't too many of them living in Ozark hillbilly towns.
I will defer to the expert on Hillbillies.
Why? Do you know one?
Yeah. He's a bald white guy who dyes his goatee and wears rouge on his pale cheeks.
Somebody I know?

Why? Do you know one?
Yeah. He's a bald white guy who dyes his goatee and wears rouge on his pale cheeks.
Somebody I know?
Not very well.

Suicide and the chimera of American prosperity

every human life is precious and priceless whether its in Pittsburgh or Pakistan!
Many people are ending it all because many are in such pain and not getting enough meds to kill it. They don't report such deaths, but if you look at the ages you can guess that that is the cause. The listing is determined by the cop on the scene and the reason is not put into the report to the CDC. In some of those cases it is murder covered by a letter written under duress.
Is it not strange that as the Gov, cut off drugs to Old people and the really hurt that the rates have increased?

Why? Do you know one?
Well, he's not completely bald:

DtWrqpHWoAU84w9.jpg

every human life is precious and priceless whether its in Pittsburgh or Pakistan!
Many people are ending it all because many are in such pain and not getting enough meds to kill it. They don't report such deaths, but if you look at the ages you can guess that that is the cause. The listing is determined by the cop on the scene and the reason is not put into the report to the CDC. In some of those cases it is murder covered by a letter written under duress.

seriously.....

~S~

Why? Do you know one?

DtWrqpHWoAU84w9.jpg
Your prom date is too cute for you.

Is it not strange that as the Gov, cut off drugs to Old people and the really hurt that the rates have increased?
DtXwewaW0AIHN_T.jpg

Funny how fast the money adds up when you give billions in tax cuts to corporations that are already making billions.

DtXwygeWsAAGvf5.jpg

Why? Do you know one?

DtWrqpHWoAU84w9.jpg
I know. You're right. You can have him back. He was happier with you anyway.

Why? Do you know one?

DtWrqpHWoAU84w9.jpg
He's on your drive. Pucker up if you're still able.

You’ve got to be careful about this.

The suicide rate may be the highest it has been in 50 years. However, what is the relationship between the number of suicides today + attempted suicides compared to the suicides 50 years ago + attempts?

Today, thanks to the NRA and spineless politicians, we have more guns out there than at any other time in our history. So it stands to reason that the lethality of means to commit suicide is much greater than it has been than at any other time in our history. So…if you were contemplating killing yourself in 1968, you probably could do it but there is less likelihood that you had a revolver in the next room. Today you have a revolver on your hip, one in the next room, one in Mom’s purse, and another in the car. All lethal.

Additionally, the psychology of suicide is one where you may just do it if you’re serious. But often, you see where a police official is talking someone off a bridge. They don’t want to kill themselves, they want someone to listen. In 1968, if you were going to hang yourself, you have to find somewhere to do it (likely indoors), get a rope, a chair or platform and get to work. The same with carbon monoxide in the garage, methane in the oven, etc… It was a process that gave the person with suicidal thoughts a few moments of reflection and of course a point to back out of the enterprise. Today? Pull the trigger and you’re dead. So even if you did the calculations above, you really don’t know how many unreported suicide attempts there were where someone started their car and turned it off at the first sign of asphyxiation or stood on a chair with a rope around their neck and backed out….

Solutions? More controls on firearms to start. We all know that won’t happen with the Blob though.

Why? Do you know one?

DtWrqpHWoAU84w9.jpg
Funny, he told me he was staying at your house.

The suicide rate may be the highest it has been in 50 years. However, what is the relationship between the number of suicides today + attempted suicides compared to the suicides 50 years ago + attempts?

Today, thanks to the NRA and spineless politicians, we have more guns out there than at any other time in our history. So it stands to reason that the lethality of means to commit suicide is much greater than it has been than at any other time in our history. So…if you were contemplating killing yourself in 1968, you probably could do it but there is less likelihood that you had a revolver in the next room. Today you have a revolver on your hip, one in the next room, one in Mom’s purse, and another in the car. All lethal.

Additionally, the psychology of suicide is one where you may just do it if you’re serious. But often, you see where a police official is talking someone off a bridge. They don’t want to kill themselves, they want someone to listen. In 1968, if you were going to hang yourself, you have to find somewhere to do it (likely indoors), get a rope, a chair or platform and get to work. The same with carbon monoxide in the garage, methane in the oven, etc… It was a process that gave the person with suicidal thoughts a few moments of reflection and of course a point to back out of the enterprise. Today? Pull the trigger and you’re dead. So even if you did the calculations above, you really don’t know how many unreported suicide attempts there were where someone started their car and turned it off at the first sign of asphyxiation or stood on a chair with a rope around their neck and backed out….

Solutions? More controls on firearms to start. We all know that won’t happen with the Blob though.
Men and women use different methods. Women are into poisoning.

Means of Suicide | Suicide Prevention Resource Center

DtWrqpHWoAU84w9.jpg
At least you two are still speaking. :)

Suicide rates were found to be higher among white men than black men. Compared with black men, the researchers found that white men had nine more firearm suicides per 100,000 people annually nationwide (5.41 for black men vs. 14.34 for white men).

Six of the 10 states with the largest disparities in firearm suicide rates were in the southern part of the country: Mississippi, Arkansas, Alabama, Texas, South Carolina and Louisiana, the researchers found. The other four were in the West: Nevada, Arizona, New Mexico and Colorado.

Gun deaths study points to state and racial differences

If your entire party is about hate and promotes racism and ignorance, is it any surprise people kill themselves?

DtWrqpHWoAU84w9.jpg
At least you two are still speaking. :)
No, not really. I slapped the b!tch. Why do you think she ran back to your house? Because you see the REAL Mitch. Mitch wanted your shoulder to cry on.

Forum List

Back