The strange greatness of Donald Trump

Zorro!

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2019
He is certainly doing a FAR better job than anyone, but him, predicted.

He is divisive. But so is the unprecedented rejection of the 2016 election by the congressional Democrats and the Rise and Resist movement and the endless criticism from the media. Trump has shown remarkable personal strength in standing up to relentless attacks.​

Moving from the defensive to the positive side of the balance sheet, despite all of the attacks and resistance, Trump has accomplished more in two years than his four immediate predecessors accomplished in four to eight years.​

The economy is in the best shape in modern history. New and better trade agreements have been developed with the major economies. Our defense is much stronger, including a stronger and better funded NATO. Our principal adversaries — Russia, China, Iran, North Korea — are more off-balance than they have been in decades. Each of them is tough and ruthless, but they see in Trump someone who understands them and is equally tough in defending his country.​

Belying the hysteria of the left, all Americans are moving forward; these are not “sad times,” and there is no “crisis.”​

This raises the central question to be framed in the next election: What should we demand of our president? If we’re looking for dignity, manners, grace and orderliness, Trump is vulnerable. If we’re looking for strong leadership to provide real opportunity for economic advancement for all Americans and a strong defense of America and its interests, then Trump has a claim to greatness over his current opponents and his predecessors.

The strange greatness of Donald Trump.

Even the Establishment Republican of the Rockefeller/Richardson variety are coming around!

Certainly it has been our great good fortune to have him as OUR President.

Last edited:

He is divisive. But so is the unprecedented rejection of the 2016 election by the congressional Democrats and the Rise and Resist movement and the endless criticism from the media. Trump has shown remarkable personal strength in standing up to relentless attacks.​

Moving from the defensive to the positive side of the balance sheet, despite all of the attacks and resistance, Trump has accomplished more in two years than his four immediate predecessors accomplished in four to eight years.​

The economy is in the best shape in modern history. New and better trade agreements have been developed with the major economies. Our defense is much stronger, including a stronger and better funded NATO. Our principal adversaries — Russia, China, Iran, North Korea — are more off-balance than they have been in decades. Each of them is tough and ruthless, but they see in Trump someone who understands them and is equally tough in defending his country.​

Belying the hysteria of the left, all Americans are moving forward; these are not “sad times,” and there is no “crisis.”​

This raises the central question to be framed in the next election: What should we demand of our president? If we’re looking for dignity, manners, grace and orderliness, Trump is vulnerable. If we’re looking for strong leadership to provide real opportunity for economic advancement for all Americans and a strong defense of America and its interests, then Trump has a claim to greatness over his current opponents and his predecessors.​

Even the Establishment Republican of the Rockefeller/Richardson variety are coming around!

Good post. That is what it boils down to, isn't it? The criticisms of President Trump from the Left focus on behavior, Tweets, comments and lack of political correctness. I hope they continue with their obsession of Impeaching Trump right through 2020 because they hate him and because he took their power away. The American people see through them like a pane of glass.

your title should have read:

' the great strangeness of donald trump '

it would have more accurate.

but it wasn't and it was his thread he created. you have the same opportunity as the OP to create your own thread with your title. go for it.

What beautiful clothes you have, my Emperor.

So, so Regal.

I like many started out not liking him for his pomposity but then I began to see that it wasn't pomposity at all just him standing up for himself when no one else would. You can't say it's bragging when he keeps delivering. If he's good for the country I'll gladly listen to any amount of bragging as long as it's true and justified. Besides he's entertaing and has a sense of humor that I find appealing along with a lot of common sense.

but it wasn't and it was his thread he created. you have the same opportunity as the OP to create your own thread with your title. go for it.

the economy is good - i'll give him that. but the fact that people are still needing a 2nd & 3rd job isn't good. & deregs to the point that mercury & arsenic are being allowed back into our air & slurry in our water isn't a good trade off. the nation is weak in the eyes of the world & our allies are slowly moving away... the infighting that he has stoked isn't good & hate crimes are way up too.

it makes me very sad that we are at such a moral rock bottom that we have a president who's created an addiction to hate, an addiction to bigotry!

This raises the central question to be framed in the next election: What should we demand of our president? If we’re looking for dignity, manners, grace and orderliness, Trump is vulnerable. If we’re looking for strong leadership to provide real opportunity for economic advancement for all Americans and a strong defense of America and its interests, then Trump has a claim to greatness over his current opponents and his predecessors.​

Good post. That is what it boils down to, isn't it? The criticisms of President Trump from the Left focus on behavior, Tweets, comments and lack of political correctness. I hope they continue with their obsession of Impeaching Trump right through 2020 because they hate him and because he took their power away. The American people see through them like a pane of glass.
The strange greatness of Donald Trump.

I think that captures it. Link added to opening post.

With the Democrats still trying to throw a Hail-Mueller Pass with time out on the scoreboard and with the economy humming, it’s time to confront the central issue: “Has Donald Trump been an awful, OK, or great president?”

trumpdonald_042619getty_0.jpg

Yes, quite a strange fellow he can be.

Magnificently so.

magnificently twisted.
As you wish.

Personally, I don't care how miserable you feel about it.

deplorables are not on my radar for consideration.
Thank you. And I mean that.

Yes, quite a strange fellow he can be.

Magnificently so.

magnificently twisted.
As you wish.

Personally, I don't care how miserable you feel about it.

deplorables are not on my radar for consideration.
Thank you. And I mean that.

de nada.

Majority of Americans will never accept Trump's habitual compulsive serial lying, lack of knowledge, and lack of any moral character and values. The only thing he will be remembered great for is for being a great liar and convincing dupe to believe his lies. Perhaps he will go down as one of the greatest scam artists in history.

Majority of Americans will never accept Trump's habitual compulsive serial lying, lack of knowledge, and lack of any moral character and values. The only thing he will be remembered great for is for being a great liar and convincing dupe to believe his lies. Perhaps he will go down as one of the greatest scam artists in history.
Voted for Hillary, the paragon of virtue

it makes me very sad that we are at such a moral rock bottom that we have a president who's created an addiction to hate, an addiction to bigotry!

I don't know that he created the hatred or bigotry, he just watered it and fertilized it a bit with his bullshit.

Voted for Hillary, the paragon of virtue

voted for donny, putin's bitch.

Forum List

Back