The Space Shuttle Landed This Morning

Maybe some of the highly exhalted "job creators" sitting on mountains of cash will hire them.

But wait, why would they hire a bunch of overpaid Americans when they can go to China or Pakistan or India and pay fraction for the same labor and keep their mountains of cash?

I think you have your finger on the problem.

Thanks to Unions Americans are overpaid and lazy.
I was a member for 8 years. They never did anything for me other then force us out on strike so the company could remove everything they had gained during collective bargaining.

Only person the unions help these days is repeat offender employees that normally get fired.

That explains why "Russia can do it for 10% less" I love these conversations I learn so much from them.. Unions... unions unions, and ten thousand jobs are lost to Russia's benefit.. Yay.. you go unions.
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

We pissed away all that gubbmint money on GM and all the while Korea could do it cheaper.

Maybe some of the highly exhalted "job creators" sitting on mountains of cash will hire them.

But wait, why would they hire a bunch of overpaid Americans when they can go to China or Pakistan or India and pay fraction for the same labor and keep their mountains of cash?

I was a member for 8 years. They never did anything for me other then force us out on strike so the company could remove everything they had gained during collective bargaining.

Only person the unions help these days is repeat offender employees that normally get fired.

"Prosperity Through Lower Wages!"

If you choose to whine about outsourcing then expect someone to lay out the facts for you.

If you can't handle the truth just Sierra Tango Foxtrot Uniform.

2011-07-21T121622Z_01_BTRE76K0TGX00_RTROPTP_2_SPACE-SHUTTLE.JPG

So so so so sad that we've come to this by having an UnAmerican President.

"Prosperity Through Lower Wages!"

If you choose to whine about outsourcing then expect someone to lay out the facts for you.

If you can't handle the truth just Sierra Tango Foxtrot Uniform.

Hey, you're the one who said Americans are overpaid.

If that's how you feel, why not go tell your boss you think you're overpaid and you demand an immediate cut in pay and benefits.

I'm sure he'll be happy to comply.

So slamming the door accomplishes that?

Right now we cannot repair anything in space unless we beg the Russians.

Damn security risk.

And let's not forget the brain drain going to other countries beginning today.

Talking about outsourcing jobs.

But they are government jobs. We need to cut spending, remember? I would think you and Willow would be happy about this.

We'll be even happier when the jobs numbers come out.. poor obie doodle.

They reported 10,000 more job losses then last time the report came out.

The decision to cease shuttle flight was made seven years ago, barely a year after the Columbia tragedy. President Barack Obama nixed President George W. Bush's lunar goals, however, opting instead for astronaut expeditions to an asteroid and Mars.

Last-ditch appeals to keep shuttles flying by such NASA legends as Apollo 11's Neil Armstrong and Mission Control founder Christopher Kraft landed flat.

It comes down to money.

Last space shuttle comes home, ends 30-year era - WBOC-TV 16, Delmarvas News Leader, FOX 21 -

We have to move forward at some point.
We were going to, but Obama killed the vehicles that were going to replace the shuttle.

The decision to cease shuttle flight was made seven years ago, barely a year after the Columbia tragedy. President Barack Obama nixed President George W. Bush's lunar goals, however, opting instead for astronaut expeditions to an asteroid and Mars.

Last-ditch appeals to keep shuttles flying by such NASA legends as Apollo 11's Neil Armstrong and Mission Control founder Christopher Kraft landed flat.

It comes down to money.

Last space shuttle comes home, ends 30-year era - WBOC-TV 16, Delmarvas News Leader, FOX 21 -

We have to move forward at some point.

Yes we do, that's why Obama and Progressive need to be booted from office. They brought American Manned Space Program to a screeching halt.

Thank you

"This is truly a national loss..."

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEjXjfxoNXM]‪President Ronald Reagan - Address on the Challenger Disaster‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

And I want to say something to the schoolchildren of America who were watching the live coverage of the shuttle's final landing. I know it is hard to understand, but sometimes painful things like this happen. It's all part of the process of exploration and discovery, and we've discovered Democrats and Progressives do not share these uniquely American values. The future doesn't belong to the fainthearted or to Progressives; it belongs to the brave. See you in 2012

Paraphrasing America's last Great president

Last edited:
Atlantis' landing early Thursday morning marked the end of NASA's 30-year space shuttle program and the beginning of layoffs for the space agency. On Friday, 1,500 shuttle workers are scheduled to get their pink slips. By the time all the layoff notices are handed out, a total of 8,000 workers will have been cut.

NASA Layoffs Planned as Space Shuttle Program*Ends - Business News - ABC News Radio

Obama gets to tap dance on the grave of our manned space program

Atlantis' landing early Thursday morning marked the end of NASA's 30-year space shuttle program and the beginning of layoffs for the space agency. On Friday, 1,500 shuttle workers are scheduled to get their pink slips. By the time all the layoff notices are handed out, a total of 8,000 workers will have been cut.

NASA Layoffs Planned as Space Shuttle Program*Ends - Business News - ABC News Radio

Obama gets to tap dance on the grave of our manned space program

didn't obie doodle say the unemployed NASA employees could make nice with tha muslims?

What a difference a couple of decades make. America was once proud to have Space Shuttle technology. After the collapse of the Soviet Union it was revealed that the Russians had attempted to make a similar vehicle and the remains were found rusting in a top-secret hanger. Now we dump the Shuttle and depend on the Russians for space travel.

I hope the Republicans make this their 2012 mantra: The middle class is overpaid! If every would just agree to become poorer we'd all be better off!:clap2:

Ask yourself this question, "Is the UAW better off now than it was 4 years ago?"

I hope the Republicans make this their 2012 mantra: The middle class is overpaid! If every would just agree to become poorer we'd all be better off!:clap2:

Ask yourself this question, "Is the UAW better off now than it was 4 years ago?"

Yes indeed, the UAW is far better off - their largest companies are stable and gaining market share.

Forum List

Back