The Space Shuttle Landed This Morning

As someone who grew up proud of America's achievements in space, this tears my heart out. Obama's kiss of death on our Space Shuttle Program means the end of Mission Control.

I can't wait until this Marxist motherfucker is booted out of the WH.

Clear Forecast for Final Shuttle Landing - weather.com
Yeah he thought it more prudent to make NASA employees make muslims feel better about themselves.

Obama Gives NASA a New Mission< July 5th 2010

I remember when the first moon mission went off, I was able to see it go up from my vantage point here in Florida where I have most missions when I was home and not stationed elsewhere (USAF).

I share your sentiments.

As someone who grew up proud of America's achievements in space, this tears my heart out. Obama's kiss of death on our Space Shuttle Program means the end of Mission Control.

Yeah he thought it more prudent to make NASA employees make muslims feel better about themselves.

I remember when the first moon mission went off, I was able to see it go up from my vantage point here in Florida where I have most missions when I was home and not stationed elsewhere (USAF).

I share your sentiments.
the shuttle shut down has been planned since 2004....why are you all blaming obama for this instead of Bush????

The problem is not the shuttle program shutting down. It's 30+ years old now, well past it's useful and SAFE lifespan. It needed to be shut down.

The problem is not funding the replacement, and cutting funding for NASA and the program in general.

you really have no clue, do you?

the shuttle program has run it's course. the decision to nix it was made before obama took office.

granted, you might be able to lay a little of the blame for not having a ready replacement at his feet - he has after all reduced their funding - but then again i doubt it would take a very long search to come up with quote after quote complaining about the spending obama has done

so make up your fucking mind. that or come out and just be honest - you'll hate obama no matter what he does - even if he isn't the one that did it.

I share your sentiments.
the shuttle shut down has been planned since 2004....why are you all blaming obama for this instead of Bush????

As previously posted, Bush cancelled the Shuttle because of design flaws and ordered replacements.

Obama cancelled the replacements and left us without a manned space program.

you really have no clue, do you?

the shuttle program has run it's course. the decision to nix it was made before obama took office.

granted, you might be able to lay a little of the blame for not having a ready replacement at his feet - he has after all reduced their funding - but then again i doubt it would take a very long search to come up with quote after quote complaining about the spending obama has done

so make up your fucking mind. that or come out and just be honest - you'll hate obama no matter what he does - even if he isn't the one that did it.

Bush cancelled the Shuttle after the Columbia investigation discovered design flaws and he ordered a replacement,

Obama killed all the replacements.

It's 100% Obama's fault we no longer have a manned space program and will have to beg the Russians to hitch a ride.

I share your sentiments.
Did you bother to READ the link I fronted? As a matter of course you didn't.

The problem is not the shuttle program shutting down. It's 30+ years old now, well past it's useful and SAFE lifespan. It needed to be shut down.

The problem is not funding the replacement, and cutting funding for NASA and the program in general.

True. Lots of folks lost jobs at NASA , and the community around the space center has taken some hard financial hits because of this. Wonder if its the same at Cape Canaveral ?

There is in a serious economic situation with this country, the right has rightfully demanded cuts. The right has no problem making the middle class and poor sacrifice, which by the way is masses of people. Yet the right only wants "people cuts" and not cuts that don't effect the general public.
I call that morally bankrupt.

Don't fret. Lot's of other countries are developing as you implode. BRIC can handle the space program.
You guys keep oil hunting.

Except we're not "imploding", we're being sabotaged.
Exactly.

As a matter of course Frank? Where I live? Down the Road? We have one of a few certified 'Spaceports' for Civilian enterprise into continued Space exploration...

Have a Look HERE

Companies as SPACEX might fill the void.

Worth a look...

There is in a serious economic situation with this country, the right has rightfully demanded cuts. The right has no problem making the middle class and poor sacrifice, which by the way is masses of people. Yet the right only wants "people cuts" and not cuts that don't effect the general public.
I call that morally bankrupt.

:eusa_boohoo:

As someone who has worked on a number of space programs, both NASA and DOD, I regret the "demise" of many space projects too. Leftwingers don't "do" space. Having said that, the shuttle and space station were disappointments. The space station was basically a big boondoggle that had little to do with exploration. The shuttle never lived up to expectations, and had two catastrophic disasters, ultimately due to poor management. The shuttle crews were balanced for racial/gender Pee See, and frequently their missions seemed to be PR stunts, with some crew members little more than "passengers". Compare that to 42 years ago, almost half a century gone, when the US landed on the moon!

As someone who has worked on a number of space programs, both NASA and DOD, I regret the "demise" of many space projects too. Leftwingers don't "do" space. Having said that, the shuttle and space station were disappointments. The space station was basically a big boondoggle that had little to do with exploration. The shuttle never lived up to expectations, and had two catastrophic disasters, ultimately due to poor management. The shuttle crews were balanced for racial/gender Pee See, and frequently their missions seemed to be PR stunts, with some crew members little more than "passengers". Compare that to 42 years ago, almost half a century gone, when the US landed on the moon!

Maybe in a few years, after Russia and China dominate space exploration there will be a massive push to exceed there programs. Kind of a new "space race". That would be cool.

love the hate talk, those that do not understand even what NASA's mission is and future plans are . Look at the current missions, you will see a great amount of activity to support future missions.

NASA - Current Missions

Last edited:

Maybe in a few years, after Russia and China dominate space exploration there will be a massive push to exceed there programs. Kind of a new "space race". That would be cool.
Don't you love that from now until......?

WE will have to pay the Soviets or the ESA to shuttle stuff up there?

Civilian transport for me is the way to go. They will be even far more efficient. And after all? The US Government had to go to the private sector to get to space in the first place.

The Government after all builds nothing without the private sector.

Forum List

Back